Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Decluttering
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    OMG OMG we may have reached our 100% from overtime this month! £700 to go on the overdraft to bring it down to the -£1999 threshold for change in charges with our bank :j That means we will no longer pay more than £1 a day for our overdraft!!

Need to do a bit of a money/month plan to make sure we can manage so will confirm in big bright letters, our new %, later or if we cleared the debt.

Going to do a massive stock up shop from Tesco on tinned foods today and plough forward :) Got 8 more things to put on my Ebay pile from my sort through this afternoon too. Feeling quite positive right now :) x
    That's great news, even if your calculations turn out to be incorrect you must be pretty close now! Well done :)
    Thank you competition posters!
  • patarawendy
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration, 1% certainly seems doable. Sign me up NOW. I have just looked up a `cheap` car boot sale locally and will go on Sunday, come rain or shine. I should be able to make a profit above the sellers fee, but every penny helps toward my £200 target for this month.
    Thanks for the kick up the bum.;)
    DFW 01.Oct 2020. 20k debt
    October NSD Challenge 10
    1% at a time
  • jeneflower
    Options
    Don't worry, not a sad face, just a slightly scared one. One of my ebay items has been collected so that is the first £1 in my mitts. :j
    1% at a time challenge newbie _pale_
  • Kayleighpea
    Options
    Meh thought I'd give fatbrain a go with all my old uni books - it won't have any of it! :( So had a bit of a google & found one website (Zapper) that would take some of them (not all) but I am being offered a big fat 30p per book :eek: Now I wasn't expecting big bucks or anything as they are a few years old now but I was hoping for a bit more than that!

So now I don't know if it's worth trying to Amazon or Ebay them or if I just go with the one site that will take them off my hands & get £2 for the trouble :rotfl:Maybe i'm better off sticking them in the recycling and being done with it :(
    2019 will be my year!!
  • nockynoonah
    Options
    Please count me in!

Nockynoonah
    Debt I'm tackling = £3000
    1% = £30

I'm ebaying like mad!

Thanks so much Little Miss Uni Debt for inspiring me :T

:j
  • jeneflower
    Options
    Hi All

Jeneflower reporting in with my first 1%. :beer: And a new idea for people.

Check drawers, purses, jacket pockets etc for foreign currency. I found 300 Mexican Pesos while looking for stuff to EBay and the Post office gave me £12.56 in exchange, a much better thing to have. They do only take notes though, I am not sure what you do if you have coins.

I am also making a house warming present for my friend's party this afternoon so that is a saving that I may add to the fund, might just have to nip to home bargains and buy a couple of candles to finish it off. It is also a bring a bottle party so am taking the wine I won in a charity raffle last weekend. All in all should be a saving of at least £10.

Happy hunting everyone

Jen xx
  • jeneflower
    Options
    Meh thought I'd give fatbrain a go with all my old uni books - it won't have any of it! :( So had a bit of a google & found one website (Zapper) that would take some of them (not all) but I am being offered a big fat 30p per book :eek: Now I wasn't expecting big bucks or anything as they are a few years old now but I was hoping for a bit more than that!

So now I don't know if it's worth trying to Amazon or Ebay them or if I just go with the one site that will take them off my hands & get £2 for the trouble :rotfl:Maybe i'm better off sticking them in the recycling and being done with it :(

I had the same trouble with Zapper and you have to get up to £10 before they will take them. I think I am going to try Amazon instead or see how much a local secondhand bookshop will give me for them. Hopefully more than 30p. If you have a uni near you, you could stick up a poster in the relevant department advertising them.
  • rewass
    rewass Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2012 at 4:32PM
    Options
    1. Clothes – Get cash for your clothes by the kilo – also local drop off stores are available.
    cashforclothing (50p per kg)
    jendacollections (40p per kg)
    sellmyclothes (£1+ per kg + free collection)
    returntoearn (60p per kg)
    clothesbank (60p per kg)

i'm thinking of doing this as i have loads of clothes that i need to get rid of! i had a look on the sellmyclothes website, as they pay the most money per kilo..obvious choice, and it says that clothes must be less than 4 years old!! ermm.. how are they gonna know if they are older?? a lot of the stuff i have is more than 4 years old. anyone done this and successfully earnt a bit of money from it? i thought it would be easier than messing about listing stuff on ebay thats not guaranteed to sell x
  • THEMONEYSPIDER_2
    Options
    rewass wrote: »
    1. Clothes – Get cash for your clothes by the kilo – also local drop off stores are available.
    cashforclothing (50p per kg)
    jendacollections (40p per kg)
    sellmyclothes (£1+ per kg + free collection)
    returntoearn (60p per kg)
    clothesbank (60p per kg)

i'm thinking of doing this as i have loads of clothes that i need to get rid of! i had a look on the sellmyclothes website, as they pay the most money per kilo..obvious choice, and it says that clothes must be less than 4 years old!! ermm.. how are they gonna know if they are older?? a lot of the stuff i have is more than 4 years old. anyone done this and successfully earnt a bit of money from it? i thought it would be easier than messing about listing stuff on ebay thats not guaranteed to sell x

Less than 4 years old, that sounds a bit cheeky!!they proberly list em all on ebay themselves :rotfl:
    are they in decent condition? if so i'd always recommend trying 99p listings on ebay 1st, if you dont want to do that then i'd go down the sellling as a bundle route via facebook selling pagesor gumtree advertise as carboot/ ebay stock.
    and if they hadn't sold after that i'd suggest searching for a local cash for clothes shop and take them there.
    Build your own dreams ~ or someone will hire you to help build theirs
    £10 a day = £335.99 Road Kill Rebel #50 =12P
  • Olliegami
    Options
    Evening all! There are so many ideas, I wish I could contribute some more, but I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself today as it is!

I exchanged some old foreign currency and got about £12. Then I went through my old books, made a spreadsheet of all their ISBNs and worked out which places gave me the most for the books (I used, Amazon, Webuybooks, fatbrain and zapper.) Ended up just using the Amazon Trade-In (£15) and Zapper (£12) as the others didn't reach the nominated minimum spends.

Feeling pretty accomplished though! I ended up not selling my gold... only because town was so incredibly busy! (Hello, new students. We see you there.) I just wanted to get home after an hour.

I have a few ink cartridges that I was going to send to Tesco for the club card points. Does anyone do anything else with theirs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure