Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• NikkeiPositivity
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

So good to see lots of new people joining us and seeing the success everyone is having it really is spurring me on!

So this month we think we may be on target for paying off an additional £1000 (roughly 5.5%) I got paid £500 more than I was expecting as I had a PAYE refund as I was being taxed as if my job was a second job and had no tax free amount when it was in fact my first job, so this has put us back on track. It would be amazing if we could be below or close to £10000 before the end of the year. Here's to hoping!!!

We're waiting until Ian's been paid before we'll update our %'s as last month we weren't sure whether we'd get to his payday without going over the overdraft limit. Will update then!

Mucho positive thoughts to all.

Nikkei x
    2012 '1% at a time' member 99 - 17% 1% = £167
    2013 '1% at a time' member 99 - 15.8% 1% = £139
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Hi all,

Brilliant work everybody - keep it up :D

Well I had a stall at another craft fair today. It was very quiet but I did manage to get £35 so thats another % for me as soon as I get it paid into the bank. :j Only another 11% to go and I will have succeeded in my initial target :j:j:j

I'm at another craft fair tomorrow and I have high hopes as it is in the same place and organised by the same people as the one where I came home with 11% of my total - so my fingers (and toes!) are crossed xxxx :p
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have a few ink cartridges that I was going to send to Tesco for the club card points. Does anyone do anything else with theirs?

Ollie - I wait till I have 10-12 and take pic and sell on ebay.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • vintage43
    Options
    Can I join please, my debts are too numerous to lump them together so I am going to takle to Next on of £1000 if I round it up, so 1% of that will be £10, start off with a small debt then takle a bigger one in the new year, you can catch up on how I am doing with my debt on 'A new start for a newbie', I am doing ok ish but house repairs and a mortgage of over £700 are holding me back, add to that me suddenly becoming single, my work hours reducing and a serious illness, which I have bounced back from and I think I'm doing okish! Just need to focus on paying things off rather than buying things xx This is a wonderful challenge, it may well help keep me focussed!!!
    vintage43:A
    NSD 42/365 2012
    - A new start for a newbie
    Next - £1033.62 :( Barclaycard - £5683 :( Mortgage - £125471 :( Overdraft - £903:eek::(Loan £3562 - :( Total Debts = £10179 Monthly shopping £100 spent so far £12.65
  • pottersgal
    Options
    Hello all you lovely motivating people,

Just popping in to say I have racked up half a percent through my bank charges reclaim! Its nowhere near the ammount Ive claimed for but the bank have said that they are looking into it and have refunded £40 instantly as a good will gesture until they reach a conclusion - I didnt expect anything at all to come of it so even if they dont offer anything else Im quite chuffed with this :D.

Re the selling old textbooks - I put a load on ebay this time last year, listed them seperately for 99p and they all sold for much more than I had anticipated even the really ancient ones. You can never predict with ebay but I would definitely say its worth a try.

I have lots of old duvet sets and bed sheets that are too scruffy for carbooting - does anyone know if the cash for clothes type places will takes sheets/duvet covers etc ?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Hi all,

Well the craft fair I was at today was ok but sadly not another 11% earned like the last time I was there. I have ended up with £90 profit though so another 3% waiting to be paid in. :)

I also need to transfer over the £5 credit from the halifax account for last month so add that to the £125 from the craft fairs and this will take my total up to 93% :j:j:j
    I am also going to check if my premium bonds have been paid after cashing them in so hopefully that will be another £100 for the total (3%). I am also keeping my fingers crossed that my car tax refund will arrive soon as that again is another £100 ish.

Finally I am going to see how much is left in the account before transferring over some money for all the coupons, NSD's I have had this month etc so tomorrow I am hoping to be able to claim my 100% :D:j:D
    Keep going everyone - this thread is amazing :beer:
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • Decluttering
    Options
    Another 1% for me today, money leftover from last month's budget.

Member Number - 93
    1% = £5
    Total So Far = 73.963%
    Thank you competition posters!
  • liz-paul
    Options
    About another £30 from Ebay tonight to add to last weeks £30 - so close to another 1%!!!! In other news, I have now completed the first draft of the introduction & first chapter of my ebook. Only another 4 chapters to go!!! Am going to try & finish it before the end of Oct....
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • lesgeo2012
    Options
    liz-paul wrote: »
    About another £30 from Ebay tonight to add to last weeks £30 - so close to another 1%!!!! In other news, I have now completed the first draft of the introduction & first chapter of my ebook. Only another 4 chapters to go!!! Am going to try & finish it before the end of Oct....
    Good on you for starting your ebook. Live the dream!:D
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Pernicious
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just checking in with my first update - thanks to DH doing so much overtime & all the small savings we've been making we've been able to pay off 9%! :D If only it could be that much every month we'd be well away. Fortunately there will be a lot of overtime paid to DH in next months salary so we're off to a great start, just need to find ways to keep it up once the overtime disappears again.
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income