Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Booboo1
    Options
    :j

Name: booboo1
    Debt: £3000
    1%= £30

I've been using this site for five years now but never posted before. This thread has really inspired me so I'm going to give it a go! I've chosen one debt to begin with so it feels do-able. This morning I made a start by listing 7 items on eBay and sorting out stuff for a car boot. We are moving in a couple of weeks too so I'm going o have a massive clear out and sell as much as I can! No percentage achieved yet but I hope to change this shortly. Thank you little miss uni debt for motivating me. :T
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a quick post to say its PAYDAY tomorrow! WOOP! That is all
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • debtbegone
    debtbegone Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all!

A big welcome from me to everyone joining in :wave:

I'm finding this idea of counting in percentages is working really well for me so far, even though I've not managed to do anything other than ebay :o

Before, everything extra I was earning was getting swallowed up in day to day spends, but by having a fixed amount in my brain to knock off the credit card I seem to be making progress and it actually feels like I'm starting to achieve something.

Big, big thanks Little Miss!

I've just paid off another 1% with another on it's way from paypal to be paid off within the next few days :D
    The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
    Grand Total Owed:
    [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
    1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100

• jeneflower
    Options
    Woo, :beer: I have made my first 1/2 a 1% not quite the name of the game I know but I have sold £4.99 worth on ebay and have an item at £5.10 finishing in 20 minutes. Included in the £4.99 was £3.01 for some Top Gear cool wall magnets that my ex husband got free in a magazine. Some people really will buy anything. I have found a gilette razor handle so going to give that a go next as some of you have been sucessful with them.

Hi ho, hi ho its off to the Post Office I go. :j

I hope you are all having a sucessful day with your percentages.

Jenny xx
    1% at a time challenge newbie _pale_
  • lesgeo2012
    Options
    Im bringing out the big guns for this debt mission now! No more Mrs nice guy! *family hides behind sofa*

Doing a proper spread sheet of how every penny is spent.

Im not listening to my husband when he says, "we might need that"............ITS GOING ON EBAY, TOUGH!!!!!

Writing down how much money I can make and from where, and upping it!

Cutting out the rubbish spending even further.

Making use of all spare time to make extra ££££ till all the debt is gone!
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmm wrote: »
    I randomly came across this article on making money by selling your hair today when I was researching pensions of all things! Seems you need to have at least 10 inches worth to sell, but it might be of use to someone:

http://www.moneymagpie.com/article/make-money-by-selling-your-hair

A girl I work did this but her reason was that she had cancer and wanted to help other cancer victims. Luckily her hair is starting to grow back.
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • happytails
    Options
    lesgeo2012 wrote: »
    Im bringing out the big guns for this debt mission now! No more Mrs nice guy! *family hides behind sofa*

Doing a proper spread sheet of how every penny is spent.

Im not listening to my husband when he says, "we might need that"............ITS GOING ON EBAY, TOUGH!!!!!

Writing down how much money I can make and from where, and upping it!

Cutting out the rubbish spending even further.

Making use of all spare time to make extra ££££ till all the debt is gone!

I want to be like this, must find my energy!!!

Trying to get husband to close his practically unused halifax account (we already have 2 joint accounts and 2 joint savers and a seperate savers each!), cause i know it will improve his credit rating. I need to go into the 02 shop and update my details as the contract is in my maiden name and its not showing on my credit file with experian, thinking if its that it should show up and improve my rating as ive been paying it every month for near 3 years.

3 things on Ebay with bids, a few with watchers, these end sunday so fingers crossed we get some more action there! Off upstairs if i can tear the kids away from Ice Age lol to find more things to sell!

Sarah x
  • Motoko_2
    Options
    This thread is amazing, really inspiring - maks me want to try new things :)

So far I have -
    Ebay - a couple of items on at the mo - clearout at some point next week.
    Quidco checkins
    NSD - £1 in the pot for every successful day
    Top cash back - compare with quidco for deals
    Nector card - equlivant £'ssss in the pot for points used
    Petrol surpluss - I budget £75 for petrol a month, some months there is some left in the pot (usually spent on stuff thats not really needed), over to 1% pot

Might see what crafty things i'm capable of, the sewing machine should come out of retirement at some point!

Hope everyones having a good day :)
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Little_Miss_Uni-Debt Posts: 844 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 September 2012 at 3:08PM
    Options
    Wow! What amazingly busy bees everyone has been! bee.gif

LOADS of new folks too! Excellent! Plus getting featured in the weekly e-mail again, eh! That's all thanks to the regulars and their insane percentage racking skills, it keeps this thread firmly on page 1 - :D

The list is up to date again....

Hello, hello, hello... to all the newest members - Specialkaye, Pottersgal, Digging, KayleighPea, Pernicious, TheMoneySpider, Rubyinamountainofrocks, Henna123, Frugalgdubs, Thrifty_gal26, Sapanga, Motoko, Jeneflower, Hummingbird, OllieGami & Booboo1.

I've got LOTS to update you all with - exciting times! That might have to come in a separate update post.

I've been away for a day or two as I've had a cold. Have perked up again now. Was lovely to see all the kind messages about this thread - they really make my day!

This thread works because you all share the steps you've taken & the ups & downs too. Small steps are inspirational because we can all do them but sometimes we forget!

Every time you take the time to post up your new total or idea, you're reminding others to get going on their total too, so a big thanks from me from to all of you!

A couple more things...

A happy belated birthday for CraftingMad - Hope you had a lovely day!! cake.gif

I've updated the link to the 100 square, so that works again - thanks for pointing that out!

Also, Jeneflower - that sad face in your sig should be a :D

Back shortly once I've had chance to tot up my totals!
  • happytails
    Options
    OMG OMG we may have reached our 100% from overtime this month! £700 to go on the overdraft to bring it down to the -£1999 threshold for change in charges with our bank :j That means we will no longer pay more than £1 a day for our overdraft!!

Need to do a bit of a money/month plan to make sure we can manage so will confirm in big bright letters, our new %, later or if we cleared the debt.

Going to do a massive stock up shop from Tesco on tinned foods today and plough forward :) Got 8 more things to put on my Ebay pile from my sort through this afternoon too. Feeling quite positive right now :) x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family