Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• rewass
    rewass Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Less than 4 years old, that sounds a bit cheeky!!they proberly list em all on ebay themselves :rotfl:
    are they in decent condition? if so i'd always recommend trying 99p listings on ebay 1st, if you dont want to do that then i'd go down the sellling as a bundle route via facebook selling pagesor gumtree advertise as carboot/ ebay stock.
    and if they hadn't sold after that i'd suggest searching for a local cash for clothes shop and take them there.

there is a cash for clothes shop nearby which is opening soon...noticed tonight they pay £5 per kilo!!! :-) with the postal companies if an item is not acceptable they don't return them to you, i will def take my clothes to the shop when its open and at least if there isn't anything they will accept i can then try and flog it on ebay xx
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    lesgeo2012 wrote: »
    Good on you for starting your ebook. Live the dream!:D

Lol - dunno about live the dream; the dream includes actually making money from the writing as well as doing the writing itself :rotfl:
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • tudorfan22
    tudorfan22 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Well its finally that time of the month again! When I get to shade my boxes in! did well this month, got £134 from ebay purchases alone, and managed to add an extra 5% to the total, so…..

No. 102 reporting for duty – 13% paid off so far!!!!!

Which is £1040 off my debt – hopefully never to be added or seen again! Next month is fingers crossed payrise and bonus month, which Mr Barclaycard will be seeing all of I'm afraid, but I'm hoping to pay off another £1000 to take my % to 27%, we shall see though. At the mo, 13% is a great achievement and I'm still really motivated!!!

Got 18 things finishing on ebay this Sunday, 2 with bids and loads more with watcher – c’mon watchers, buy my !!!!!!!! :rotfl:
    )

:beer:
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow - well done everyone - you are all doing so well :T:T:T
    And as for the ebook - if you can make money out of doing something you love then its amazing - well done for going for it :T

Well my little man is poorly today so I'm stuck at home but I have managed to go online and pay in £230 into the savings so I can now officially declare:-

Member 17 - now at 96%

I'm so close - I will be phoning the bank soon to get a balance of the account - I'm hoping that the car tax refund has hit it and also that I had a bit of money left over at the end of the month to make up the full 100%. :o

Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • Motoko_2
    Motoko_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    And i'm off!

Listed some items on ebay and already the total is £12 :)
    Realised I had a boots card and superdrug card so when I use them the money will go in the pot that I would have spent.

Joined top cash back and will be comparing with quid co before making purchases.

As I am cutting back spending on the sandwich vans any change at the end of each week (from my designated £5) will go towards another 1%. :)

Happy Monday everyone :)
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DEBT 2 is cleared!! 100% :j Called up and reduced my overdraft in accordance with the new charges the bank are bringing in in November :beer:

Debt 1 is at 10% currently until we've paid this months CC bill

Debt 2 will now be to clear the rest of the overdraft, currently stands at £1990, so 1% is £19.90 but think im going to round up to £20 for ease.

We've left ourselves pretty thin with money this month so any money i make will be going into the expenses account and if we get to the end of the month with some money left over then ill add these to Debt 2 then :) Feeling very pleased though, just got to make sure we can manage this month ok

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • specialkaye
    Options
    Yey well done Happytails!!! Hopefully going to do that with my overdraft; reduce it as i pay it off so that I can't spend on it.

Will have another 1% from my (now recurring) babysitting gig tomorrow plus a family friend is employing me to be her cleaner for 3 hours a week as she now has to travel 40 miles to and from work every day! That will be 50p off 1% each week and im sure i can find that from somewhere!

Got enough swagbxxxs for £15 of vouchers but im not going to count that until until i use them (nearer christmas i should think), I HOPE EVERYONE IS STILL PLODDING AWAY WITH THIS! Im thinking of my stash as a great way to reduce the cost of Christmas. If anyone is new/hasn't heard of it there is a thread on the freebies board and should you wish to join please ask for a referral link or visit the referrals board as it boosts the referrers bucks.

All i need now is a low spend month so i can put some more wages towards my % as my overtime for Sept was considerably less than August.
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    updating details with experian so my credit rating should improve, they had some things wrong/omitted. And just jigged my british gas accounts round. We were £200 something in credit with gas and -£200 something in debit with elec. So evened it out a bit, not costing any more money but it puts us on a more even keel, which shows on my credit report too so that should improve in time.

Feeling very pro active about our situation atm :)
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • specialkaye
    Options
    Just realised i had done my calcs wrong and i am actually at 23% :D
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • katie26
    katie26 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can I join please?

I finished Uni last year and have still got debts (overdraft/credit card/ money owed to parents)

I've finally decided that I need to get organised and pay it all off.

I've been following this thread for a while and been inspired by all the success stories so hoping it can work for me too!!

I've worked out the total of my debt (not a nice experience!!) and the total is ....... £4168.91.

10% of this is 41.69 so I'm going to round it up to £42 to make it a bit easier.
    Credit Card: £2318.71
    Overdraft: £1101.00
    Personal Loan: £4963.41
    Total: £8383.12 :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business