Options

Comments

• edda
    edda Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 6 April 2012 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Coventry Building Society has this for tax year 2012/13:

http://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.uk/savings-and-investments/Cash-isas/cash-isa/cash-isa.aspx?WT.ac=Notice_ISA1

Variable rate 3.25% (guaranteed min. rate until 5/4/13)

60 day notice

Min. investment £1

No transfers in
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the hard work Kazza - another year begins.

The Nationwide Online ISA bonus is now until October 2013. It changed from today.
  • MB1919
    MB1919 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Superb stuff Kazza. I now just have to make a decision between two Santander products: the Direct ISA (3.3%) or their 1 Year Fixed at 3.5%. I have around £19,000 to transfer in from Nationwide and intend to save the maximum of £470 per month over the next year. Is there any disadvantage of opting for the fixed rate if I don't intend to withdraw any money at all?
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is another regular savings ISA launched today, paying 5% interest on up to £470 per month

Nottingham BS Starter ISA Issue 2

Details copied from their website:
    Interest rate: 5.00% tax-free p.a./AER* fixed to 5 April 2013

Conditions for bonus payments: No bonus payable

Withdrawal arrangements: You can transfer to another ISA provider with a charge of 180 days’ interest on the amount transferred. No other types of withdrawals are allowed

Access: Branch

The minimum to open an account is £10. You can then pay between £1 - £470 per month into your account. You don’t have to pay in the same amount every month or pay money in on the same day every month.

You can pay up to £470 into your account every calendar month (up to 5 April 2013). You can pay this in as a lump sum or make a number of payments, providing the total amount you pay in each month is no more than £470. You can also miss as many monthly payments as you like. In March 2013 you can top up your balance to £5,640, which is the maximum ISA allowance for the tax year 2012/13. You cannot transfer in any previous ISA savings, whether from another ISA provider or a Nottingham Building Society ISA.
    SS2
  • MoneySavingUser
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Yes, I know. I was planning on doing the edit at midnight (as I did last year), as some people may be topping up their 2011/12 allowances right up until 11:59pm tonight. ;)
    I know that you know ;) - it is just that a few people had asked in various topics so thought I'd point it out for those preparing to open one today
  • Deanevans
    Deanevans Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Any views on whether ISA deals are likely to be more attractive over the next few weeks, or less. Should I jump in and fund a new ISA now or wait a while and leave money where it is at 2.4%net.
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone.

Here are the latest updates made to the ISAs list on the first page of this thread.

Nottingham Building Society have launched two new ISAs, the first is a new regular savings ISA, called 'Starter ISA', paying 5.00% fixed. The minimum opening deposit is £10. After meeting the minimum opening deposit, you can make payments of between £1 - £470 per calendar month. They allow monthly payments to be missed without penalty. The ISA matures on 05/04/2013 and no withdrawals are permitted during the term. Transfers in of funds held with other providers is not permitted.

The second ISA launched by Nottingham Building Society, is a two year fixed rate ISA, paying 4.00% on a minimum opening balance of £500. It is fixed until 31/05/2014 and accepts transfers in of ISAs held with other providers.

Coventry Building Society have launched a new 60 days notice ISA, paying 3.25% on £1+. It does not accept transfers in.

Kent Reliance Building Society have launched the second issue of their 60 days notice ISA, paying 3.10% on balances of £50,000+.

Further details of the new one year fixed rate ISAs, paying 3.20% now being offered by Cheshire, Derbyshire and Dunfermline building societies, have been added to the list. In order to qualify for the highest interest rate tier you must have at least £50,000 of ISA funds available to transfer in.

Details on the new Aldermore range of ISAs have also been added. This includes the one year fixed rate ISA, paying 3.30%, the three year fixed rate ISA, paying 3.70% and the 60 days notice ISA, paying 3.15%. All three ISAs have a minimum opening deposit of £1,000.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2012 at 4:04PM
    Options
    Deanevans wrote: »
    Any views on whether ISA deals are likely to be more attractive over the next few weeks, or less. Should I jump in and fund a new ISA now or wait a while and leave money where it is at 2.4%net.

I think there will be more new ISAs launching between the 10th - 13th April. I wouldn't leave it too late to deposit this years allowance (for 2012/13) as it is likely that the best deals will be withdrawn as soon as the provider has reached the sum of money they planned on taking in.

Personally, I always deposit my new ISA allowance on the first day of the new tax year (or as near to it as possible), but that's just me.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • purplestar133
    purplestar133 Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm deciding between the 2 ISAs below to put my 12/13 money into (I can't afford the min deposits required for the higher rate ISAs). As they're the same interest rate I'm looking at how long the bonus lasts for.

Skipton BS Online Bonus Cash ISA - 3.10%
    Rate guarantee? No. Rate effective from: 19/03/2012.
    Minimum deposit: £1. Operated via: Internet
    Important: Rate includes a 1.10% bonus for 12 months.
    Branch-based Bonus ISA also available, here.

Principality BS e-ISA (issue 3) - 3.10%
    Rate guarantee? No. Rate effective from: 22/03/2012.
    Minimum deposit: £1. Operated via: Internet.
    Important: Rate includes a 1.30% bonus for 12 months from account opening.

For Skipton does the bonus operate from 19/3/12 or from date of account opening as for Principality?
  • liver-bird
    liver-bird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 April 2012 at 7:19PM
    Options
    I was really excited when I saw the Nottingham ISA above but was then very disappointed to find it is branch-only and we don't have any in the NW! Just thought I'd warn others too.

Edit: I have just noticed it does say on the previous page but I didn't spot it in my excitement to read more!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback