Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Saffron Building Society are launching a regular savings cash ISA on 07/04/2012, paying 4.00%. I have added it to the ISAs list on the first page of this thread.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Is the Halifax Junior ISA paying 6% on £3,600 (if a parent has a Halifax ISA) worth a mention on page 1?

Also does anyone know, if I opened one in 11/12, can I just go in with a cheque for 12/13 and add to it? Or do I need to sit through another hour of hell with an "advisor"?
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Kazza242
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Looks like the SAGA 1 year fix @ 3.6% has been withdrawn;went to open one for the wife as a potential home for 2012-3 money but it links straight to a log on page for the AA Bank!!!

I just called Saga and spoke to one of their representatives about this ISA. They confirmed that, as of 05/04/2012, it is still available.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Also does anyone know, if I opened one in 11/12, can I just go in with a cheque for 12/13 and add to it? Or do I need to sit through another hour of hell with an "advisor"?
    Normally, when you apply for an ISA account there is a " . . . and subsequent years" term which means that you can continue to contribute in the following year without needing to re-apply.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Kazza242
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Is the Halifax Junior ISA paying 6% on £3,600 (if a parent has a Halifax ISA) worth a mention on page 1?

I have deliberately not included Junior ISAs on the list. The main reasons being that:

i) The forum has a maximum character limit for each post. Adding Junior ISAs would mean that I would have to remove some of the ISAs already included on the list.

ii) As Junior ISAs have a lower allowance limit, I see them as a different product to the Cash ISA. They should really have their own thread.

iii) The level of interest in them is growing, but more ISA providers need to get on board and launch products, for them to become more popular.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Rose_Crow
    Rose_Crow Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Noticed the Saffron ISA offer today whilst in branch, looks very tempting. Got the postal application for already printed out ready to send on the 7th :) Unless of course there are any better offers tomorrow :)
  • MoneySavingUser
    MoneySavingUser Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »

The cash ISA limit is now £5,340 per tax year.
    £5,640 from tomorrow
  • Kazza242
    Options
    £5,640 from tomorrow

Yes, I know. I was planning on doing the edit at midnight (as I did last year), as some people may be topping up their 2011/12 allowances right up until 11:59pm tonight. ;)
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, I know. I was planning on doing the edit at midnight (as I did last year), as some people may be topping up their 2011/12 allowances right up until 11:59pm tonight. ;)

Kazza

I haven't read through the whole of your thread :D but would just like to say a huge thank you for all the hard work you put into this :T
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just called Saga and spoke to one of their representatives about this ISA. They confirmed that, as of 05/04/2012, it is still available.
    Thanks Kazza - I've just found it and filled out form for wife.
    It definitely wouldn't appear on the web site on Wednesday - in fact all the SAGA savings pages seemed to jump back to an AA login -must have been a glitch in the website!:money:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback