KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Not for the 4.25% ISA.
  • CharlieBilly
    CharlieBilly Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone tell me does Satander direct isa 3.30% allow you to pay money in once you do a transfer in from another bank.

I was doing the form online and I met this question

How are you saving for this tax yet?

1. send cheque from a/c in my name
    2. move money from my satander a/c or current a/c
    3. No new savings

All I want to do is transfer money from Halifax isa and fund this new isa with Santander over 2012/13
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks like the SAGA 1 year fix @ 3.6% has been withdrawn;went to open one for the wife as a potential home for 2012-3 money but it links straight to a log on page for the AA Bank!!!
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2012 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Can anyone tell me does Satander direct isa 3.30% allow you to pay money in once you do a transfer in from another bank. . . All I want to do is transfer money from Halifax isa and fund this new isa with Santander over 2012/13
    From the <Santander website>, the short answer appears to be yes. Might be a good idea to phone them.

Edit
    This <Santander page> also seems to suggest the same.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • CharlieBilly
    CharlieBilly Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks

I tried to ring them but it says try after April 6th for new ISA.

I wonder why I bother with this bank if this is a sign of things to come

From the <Santander website>, the short answer appears to be yes. Might be a good idea to phone them.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Principality have a new regular saver 2012/2013 ISA paying 4% AER, see here.

May be quite a nice account for current non taxpayers who have their full 2012/2013 ISA allowance to invest (drip-feeding it in) or those looking to save regularly.

For taxpayers with their full 2012/2013 ISA allowance available to save come 6th April 2012, they will need to find a taxed interest account to feed the money in from so that reduces its attractiveness a bit.

Terms and conditions are very strict and if you mess up for example by missing one monthly payment you get their variable cash ISA rate (currently 0.6% AER).

Another downside is that the account matures after exactly one year so you may miss out on good ISA transfer offers available in the March 2013 ISA season.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it possibee for a new cash ISA (new money) to be put into two providers for the same tac yers.

Say for instance in this caming tax year in which I understand the cash ISA allowance will be £5640.
    - I put £5630 in mid April, So I will still have allowance of £10 for 202/21013 tx year.
    - When there is a new good product available in the market from provider B, I will use the rest of my allowance of £10 and put it in provider B (just to secure a place to be toped it up n the future).

IS it allowed to do this ?
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Is it possibee for a new cash ISA (new money) to be put into two providers for the same tac yers.

Say for instance in this caming tax year in which I understand the cash ISA allowance will be £5640.
    - I put £5630 in mid April, So I will still have allowance of £10 for 202/21013 tx year.
    - When there is a new good product available in the market from provider B, I will use the rest of my allowance of £10 and put it in provider B (just to secure a place to be toped it up n the future).

IS it allowed to do this ?

No, this is not allowed.
  • psychic_teabag
    psychic_teabag Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No, that's not allowed.

One thing you could do is to keep a little bit of money (£10 or £20) in an old instant-access ISA. Then you could do a partial transfer of £10 from there to provider B to reserve the rate. Partial transfers are allowed from old ISAs, but the current year's subscription cannot be split.

If provider B's offering is better than A, may as well just transfer immediately.
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2012 at 9:46PM
    Options
    Hi all,

Here are the latest updates made to the ISAs list on the first page of this thread.

Nationwide will be launching a new branch-based variable rate ISA on 07/04/2012, called Flexclusive, paying 4.25% on balances of £1+. It is guaranteed to pay 1.50% above BOE base rate until 01/01/2014 and the rate includes a 2.25% fixed bonus until 31/10/2013. To qualify, you must have a Nationwide FlexAccount with a Visa debit card. You need to have paid in at least £750 into your FlexAccount each month for the last three months and you must continue to do so while you have this ISA. Available to new subscriptions only.

Aldermore will be launching their new range of ISAs on 06/04/2012. This includes a one year fixed rate ISA, paying 3.30%, a three year fixed rate ISA, paying 3.70% and a variable rate (60 days notice) ISA, paying 3.15%. They all accept transfers in from other providers.

Cheshire, Derbyshire and Dunfermline building societies will be launching one year fixed rate ISAs on 06/04/2012, paying 3.20%.

Principality Building Society will be launching a Regular Savings ISA on 06/04/2012, which pays 4.00%. You must pay in between £20 - £470 per calendar month. The ISA matures on 05/04/2013.

More updates to follow on the 6th April.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure