Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,621 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You are very quiet.
    Hope all well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    ^^^ Ditto what Beanie said. Thinking of you.. :)
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello my dears, all is well I'm just feeling a bit jaded by the whole debt thing, nothing is moving anywhere very fast. Still no news on op! Kitten is divine, if not a touch wilful! OH continues to irritate me with his grumpiness. Thinking about future job options now as my year off is coming to an end. Still not sure what I want to do or how many hours per week. Just know I have no intention of getting back into a full time, high pressured role, only to be paying predators back at a higher rate.

Hope all is well with you all

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Granny,
    Lovely to see you back:) Some days I feel very disillusioned to about the debt, I think we are in it for the long haul too. Sorry you haven't heard about your operation still, do you know how much notice you will get? or is it just waiting for a date week on week?

it must be hard planning for future work, especially while you are waiting for surgery and its the summer months too (on top of your lovely extended break in Oz). I hope OH is a little less grumpy than before you went as I'm sure he will have missed you desperately.

lots of love
    NOA
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Granny, just a thought re op: Surely you've been waiting long enough for Ben€don to step in?

Good luck with finding a new career path, the right job will be out there somewhere..

Kitten looks great fun, btw. :)
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Hello my dear friends

Robin, Bened3n won't help due to heart complication that means surgery at the local private hospital is a no go.

NOA, it's a waiting game, mainly because my consultant is on a sabbatical until the end of July. I've said I'm available at very short notice & I'm top of his list so it's just waiting for his return really. It's a life enhancing op rather than an urgent one so if it's not done before the end of Aug I may decide to hold off until next summer.

I've found a job I'm interested in, civil service again, so will be applying for a part time role & see what happens. As you know their recruiting campaigns can take a while so it may turn out to be the perfect solution. The training is 6mths at a minimum of 4 days per week & then hopefully I can drop to 3 days. It's at a slightly lower grade than I was, in a completely different field so less pressure. Just need to get through the application sift first.

Whatever happens, I've decided to leave my debt repayment at the minimal payment level and then offer f&fs once I've rebuilt my savings pot.

Robin, kitty is just simply the best decision I made whilst in Oz. He's been with me a month tomorrow & makes me smile every day.

NOA, OH is simply a grumpy old f^rt, he will never change, although he improved for a while when I first returned home. He adores kitty though

Granny x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope all is well Granny.

xx
    NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes! Not seen you stound for ages. Wondering uf it's the lack of having Oz to look forward to is bringing you down?
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Hello both,

Lovely to hear from you. Nothing much has changed debt wise since my last post - still plodding at £1pm and likely to remain so for the duration.

Work update - I decided to take a job in a small company, working 2.5 days per week. I've been there since October and all is going well. My 3 colleagues are really nice and the job, whilst busy at times, is quite low pressured. I can usually switch off from it once I've gone home, which is a big change from my previous one. I work from home occasionally, which is also great and the rate of pay is fair. My hours are due to increase for the next year, while one of the girls is on maternity leave. I'm saving the extra pay and holidays to go back to Oz next autumn, (with OH this time)

I still haven't had my operation, I was called just before Christmas! I decided I didn't want it done then and now, due to work, have decided to hold it off until my colleague returns. I only get SSP so can't really afford the time off at the present time anyway.

OHs forecast investment didn't pan out so although it may still happen at some point, we are not banking on it.

DGC are all doing well, although I haven't seen them for a while as I've been unwell. I'm on my third course of antibiotics since the start of the year. I'm feeling a bit more like myself today though, so perhaps I'm finally turning that corner.

Kitty is amazing - he's one soon. I can't imagine life without him now. OH loves him too, with the feeling clearly mutual, which is great.

So in a nutshell, that's my news.

Hope all is well with any readers

Granny x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,621 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback