We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Would you be angry?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• londonsurrey
    londonsurrey Posts: 2,444 Forumite
    Options
    The bottom line is that I'd far rather that the child was taken in to see the doctor, and be told after the event,
    than not have the child taken into the doctor, and for it to be told to wait for a day until Mummy came home.

If the friend had done the "perfect" thing, and rung the mother, what would the outcome have been? Would the mother have told the friend to wait? What if it had turned out to be appendicitis? Would the mother then be ranting at how the friend should "known how bad it really was", and taken the child to the doctor?
  • BekahC
    BekahC Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    London - I agree 100%
    2011 wins : Sebo k1 vacuum
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 May 2012 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Most 14 year olds are old enough to make their own decisions about taking the pill, regardless of the reason. They shouldn't need their mother to make decisions for them and hold their hand to go to the doctors for everything.
  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The girl was in need of medical attention and received it; thats what a responsible adult does for a child.

Given that the girl was given the pill would suggest to me that she had been seen by a Doctor for this reason before as in my experience the pill is not the first thing they suggest. Again, her mother must know this too.

Dont get me wrong, if my child needed urgent attention it would be expected to let me know but lets face it, the child is more important in this scenario.
    Light Bulb Moment - 11th Nov 2004 - Debt Free Day - 25th Mar 2011 :j
  • Beckyy
    edited 6 May 2012 at 10:00PM
    Options
    Oops, wrong thread!
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beckyy wrote: »
    Lexi, get a credit check done straight away and make sure he's not using your name.

What are your finances like, do you have any joint accounts/savings/debt?

If you have online banking then change your password, if he knwos your cards pin/details then change them, along with all other passwords.

Do you own your own house or rent? Save up a little money for yourself and prepare to bite the bullet and split with him. I wish you the best of luck.

Becky ....I think you've responded to the wrong thread!
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Oh dear, how embarassing!
    I should stop having tabs open!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing