Mobiles.co.uk Cashback Rejected

Options

Comments

• brick
    brick Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    brick wrote: »
    I've resent as a single PDF

One day after resubmitting as a single PDF, I received a fresh "Cashback Claim Rejected" email, this time specifying no telephone number or month:-
    "RE: Your cashback claim for

We're writing to let you know that your month ? cashback claim for this mobile number has been rejected because the bill doesn't show all the relevant information we require."
    Might this be some form of systems automation error, or are mobiles.co.uk in the habit of sending rejection emails without identifying the claim that has been rejected?

Appreciate whatever advice you might offer from your past experience (I'm a cashback first timer).

My contract is with Orange, and the bill which I downloaded from Orange's website includes the word "Duplicate Bill" in bold on page1.
    Are mobiles.co.uk likely to attempt to use the presence of the term "Duplicate" as a basis for rejection, by suggesting it is not an "Original"?
    It is the only bill I get, so original as far as I am concerned.

I had printed out the downloaded bill, manually blocked out itemised calls, then scanned and submitted the scanned bill (as a PDF).
    Is this common practice, or is a scan with itemised calls blocked out possibly going to be another basis for rejection?

Having resubmitted (by both email and upload), I intend to submit a paper prinout of the bill by snail mail as well.

Groan. Feels like this is going to be a slog.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2012 at 10:55PM
    Options
    "Duplicate bill" has never been a problem. AFAIK they don't need the pages with itemised calls. The only pages they need are the first two showing
    • Your name
    • Your address
    • Your mobile phone number
    • Your current tariff
    • The date of the bill

The example they have in their 'Cashback' section under 'What information' shows two first pages of a duplicate Orange bill (1st and 3rd actually as the 2nd is usually empty). The 3rd (2nd) page can have some itemised calls indeed. I never bothered to blank/delete them.

I remember just saving a selected page using Acrobat. Don't remember if it was a Reader or a full version. The full version I am currently using allows deleting unneeded pages or using 'Extract Pages' tool.
  • brick
    brick Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    The example they have in their 'Cashback' section under 'What information' shows two first pages of a duplicate Orange bill

It absolutely does - well spotted, and thanks.
    I'm relaxed on at least that front now.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    "mobiles.co.uk in the habit of sending rejection emails without identifying the claim that has been rejected"; that is the correct answer; you may add the reasons listed aren't usually the actual reason.

The reasons given are meaningless - I've had that email a few times in the past and emailed back pointing out that the bill contained everything they are now specifying and demanding they pay. Often they sent a copy SHOWING all that information attached to their email!

Don't mess around with them; IF it was the CORRECT bill and showed all the required information, send one strong, clear email stating that and making it clear that if they don't pay you will take whatever action is necessary to obtain your contractural payment. They are likely to either then accept it or tell you WHY it was ACTUALLY rejected (which they can't legitimately do if it was the correct bill etc).

SHOULD they reject for unacceptable or nonsense reasons, send a LBA and copy it to them by email.
  • ericthelobster
    Options
    I'm a highly experienced mobile cashbacker - have been doing it successfully for years and I thought I'd seen everything - but just get a load of this one from mobiles.co.uk. They tell you to send in your "Month 6" bill for your first claim, but look how they define "month 6":

In their original email "IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Your Cheque Back Offer" which they sent just after starting the contract, it states the following:

"To claim your cashback you need to send in specific bills. When working out which bill to send in remember month 1 is the month you purchased, regardless of the date you ordered. You will need to send your bills in to us as follows:"

However, if you look at their cashback chart (and yes, I downloaded a dated copy of this on the day I started the contract) it states:

"The month you purchased your handset will be month 'Zero'. Month 'One' is your first full billed month."

In other words, they tell you that "month 6" is one of two months, depending on which paperwork you look at. Fortunately, as they give you 60 days after the relevant bill date to send it in, if you're in the know then the solution is to send in both bills at the same time, and they can take their pick... but really...!!!
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    I warned people about that about 8-10 months ago when it first appeared. However, they aren't following it as it suggests.
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Cashback is getting more of a pain each year - especially via quidco.

I ordered a phone from Carphone Warehouse. Was given a choice - delivery by Yodel :eek: - or delivery to store. Chose store.

I have just picked it up and been greeted by an email when i got back - cashback declined as i finalised the order in store :mad:

Livid and am not risking it - its going back!!!!
  • ericthelobster
    Options
    I warned people about that about 8-10 months ago when it first appeared.
    Sorry, didn't see that: could you point me at the discussion? Would be interested to read it but can't find it...
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, didn't see that: could you point me at the discussion? Would be interested to read it but can't find it...
    Probably on his excellent thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661&highlight
    It's not just about the money
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2012 at 10:49PM
    Options
    Post no. 284 on page 15 - April 2012 (was a couple of months out - but it also cropped up on at least one of the other numerous threads even before then eg:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2741394&page=18

(starting around post 346).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family