Mobiles.co.uk Cashback Rejected

Options

Comments

• Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Two claims to go in next week and I'm fully expecting an issue with at least one of them - I am aware though thankfully and know where they might go wrong.

We'll see!!

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • brick
    brick Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone contemplating a mobiles.co.uk cashback claim by email (to [EMAIL="cashbackclaims@mobiles.co.uk"]cashbackclaims@mobiles.co.uk[/EMAIL]) might want to ensure that their bill is fully contained within a single attachment (be it PDF or whatever format), and does not span multiple attachments.

My claim was rejected because (or so I am told) the scan of bill page1 (PDF1) was "missing", and the claims team apparently only had a scan of bill page2 (PDF2).
    Strange, considering I have the original email with both PDFs attached.

The customer services agent advised a single attachment, as apparently their "system" can only cope with the bill being in one file. Fair enough I guess - but it would help if their FAQs/instructions would clarify.

I await with interest to see what pitfall awaits my next attempt.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    brick wrote: »
    The customer services agent advised a single attachment, as apparently their "system" can only cope with the bill being in one file. Fair enough I guess - but it would help if their FAQs/instructions would clarify.

So can you not resend again or have you left it too late.

I think I would be contesting it as pdf1 should have arrived before pdf2 anyway. either way you have sent copies as requested and in time etc etc .....their system losing it is not your concern.
    It's not just about the money
  • brick
    brick Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    So can you not resend again or have you left it too late.

I've resent as a single PDF, and should still have enough time to tackle any further problem that presents.
    Seemed like the least painful way forward, for now.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    brick wrote: »
    Anyone contemplating a mobiles.co.uk cashback claim by email (to [EMAIL="cashbackclaims@mobiles.co.uk"]cashbackclaims@mobiles.co.uk[/EMAIL]) might want to ensure that their bill is fully contained within a single attachment (be it PDF or whatever format), and does not span multiple attachments.

My claim was rejected because (or so I am told) the scan of bill page1 (PDF1) was "missing", and the claims team apparently only had a scan of bill page2 (PDF2).
    Strange, considering I have the original email with both PDFs attached.

Maybe it's because you aren't sending it according to the normal methodology. They stopped accepting my external email claims a long time back, but rarely have a problem with actually sending it (multiple pages/attachments) via their website, which is the correct way of doing it.

Apart from actually getting it to them, I would again warn people to check the amount of the cheque when it arrives; I have now encountered numerous discrepances with regard to that during 2012 and it's easily missed when people are just relieved to get a cheque (they tend to assume that this lot know what they are doing and that it's for the right amount).
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Every month now with both M0biles.co.uk and OSPS we are experiencing lets say, a different and lesser service.
    They are now (in our experience) delaying acknowledgements and cheques are taking a lot longer and some just coming in under 28 days. In the past, claims have been acknowledged in a day and cheques around 14 days later - sometimes between sending and receiving has been around 2 weeks.
    We had to re-send M0biles.co.uk another copy of the bill after no response and still waiting for claim to be accepted (email acceptance of bill though at 2nd online claim).
    By far the worst they've ever been and we had been told to expect cheques within 6-8 weeks due to delays!!!!
    They just had to be politely reminded of the T&C's at time of contract. lol

Be careful at this time.

Lynsey
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2012 at 3:03PM
    Options
    Oh, OSPS and E2Save were FAR worse at one time. I haven't experienced late or delayed payments, just wrong payments (always less than they should be, by chance of course!). There was a time about 2-3 years ago where they were deliberately trying to get out of paying, changing the t&c almost daily and trying to suggest the original ones never existed and employing other dirty tricks where they thought they could get away with it.

As always, with any cashback contract past performance is no guarantee of future performance and their performance can go down as well as up.... fortunately, we don't have to rely on the Financial Services Organisation to get our money though...!
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lol, this lot get even funnier. :D

They have just rejected a claim stating we were over-paid on a previous claim ..................... but the funniest bit is the rejection is for a totally DIFFERENT mobile number. :rotfl:

We'll give them one chance to sort it, then LBA giving 10 days and sue if necessary.

Absolute idiots!!!

Lynsey
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Ah... so it's not just mine then! I think once you have more than one or two contracts and are sending 5 or 6 claims in within a short period the poor things get confused. Depending on the exact details, this can sometimes be an advantage.
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've got to agree that multiple accounts confuse them.
    They've been in chaos this year IMHO and a shame as we have not had (many) problems with them.

6 days (up to) to wait until we know whether we need to go via the legal route this time!!

Lynsey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure