Orchid V4, V4+ and Ranger 400 phone users - Discussion

Comments

• BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    You could take a guess based on some info.

Login Name : (My First name Initial)(MySurname) with no spaces.
    Password: (My First Two initials)(Last four digits of the product code) Can be seen on bottom of the Orchid, again no spaces.

Example:

My Name : J S Blogs
    Product ID:1101010000002128

CW Client Login details are:
    Login Name : JBlogs
    Password: JS2128
    Both are case sensitive.

Also make sure you have the server address correct:

CWClientIP.jpg
  • I've just signed up to the heinz program, tried to force the dialler home....

It does dial a number then the LED flashes for about 30 seconds.

but when i check if the new routing program is on, it doesn't look like it is...
    am i correct in thinking that '123' is barred...?

Regards
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I've just signed up to the heinz program, tried to force the dialler home....

It does dial a number then the LED flashes for about 30 seconds.

but when i check if the new routing program is on, it doesn't look like it is...
    am i correct in thinking that '123' is barred...?

Regards
    Welcome to the MSE forums bright_spark.

Yes, the latest version of the Heinz program bars 123 - so, if your dialler has picked up the program, dialling 123 will do nothing (the digits won't even dial).

If your dialler's light only flashed for 30 seconds (it was probably nearer 20 seconds), when you force it home, the procedure failed (a successful call home lasts well in excess of a minute).

That has happened to me in the past and the solution is to reset the dialler completely (don't worry, it's not as drastic as it sounds - only takes a minute or two).

The procedure is detailed on page 23 of http://www.orchid-telecom.com/CWClientQuickStartUG.pdf and is:

(1). Lift Handset & dial
    **# 0000 * 01536207810 * 1
    Replace handset

(2). Lift Handset & dial
    **# 0000 * 1 * 8
    Replace handset

(3). Lift Handset & dial
    **# 0000 * 0 * *
    Replace handset

(4). Lift Handset & dial
    **# 0000 * 0 * 7
    Replace handset

(5) Finally (this is the 'force home' procedure), Lift Handset & dial
    ***12#4567890*3 (***00000000*3 DECT)
    Replace handset

Best of luck!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BritBrat
    What I do is make a copy of the settings and change the name slightly, like by putting "June" at end then when you get it to phone home and you go back into the server you can see if it changed.

Have two copies of the same settings with different names then next time use the other one.
  • Heinz
    Forumite
    BritBrat wrote: »
    What I do is make a copy of the settings and change the name slightly, like by putting "June" at end then when you get it to phone home and you go back into the server you can see if it changed.
    But those registered for the semi-automatic update service don't have access to CW Client - so can't look.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BritBrat
    Oh, I never knew that.

Seems a backward step really, get Orchid to set the first one think its Maggie then after that it's easy to have full control.

Thanks.
  • Heinz
    Forumite
    BritBrat wrote: »
    Seems a backward step really, get Orchid to set the first one think its Maggie then after that it's easy to have full control.
    Swings and roundabouts really. For those who rarely (or never) dabble with CW Client themselves, it's an easy option - force the dialler home and the job's done.

That depends, of course, on them using Primus Saver Option 2 CPS (or BT Together Option 2 or another CPS giving free or inclusive evening and weekend UK 01/02 calls) and having an active 18185 account.
  • Cheers Heinz,

Think its working now.... ;-)

The light flashed for ages!

I'll check 123 now.....

Regards
  • Heinz
    Forumite
    1. BT's scrapping of its cheaper weekend rates for 0845 and 0870 calls w.e.f. 1/8/07 (see post #59) means a revision of routing for those calls will be necessary. Unless 18185 also announces changes to its rates before the middle of July, I intend to amend the program so that weekend 0845 & 0870 calls are routed via 18185 - at ½p/minute and 2p/minute respectively - instead of via BT;

2. Ofcom's announcement that it may compulsorily migrate all 070 'personal numbers' (already barred by the program) to the 06 number range suggests it will be prudent to insert a bar on the currently unused 06 range too;

3. Although 03 numbers are still not yet appearing, it will also be prudent to add routing rules for them in readiness. Based on the assumption that 03 numbers will be treated the same as 01/02 numbers by telcos, 'no routing' (i.e. via CPS) evenings & weekends and routing via 18185 weekday daytime is logical.

• BritBrat
    Nice work Heinz, I have already started to alter one of miine labeled August to be prepared.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport