Orchid V4, V4+ and Ranger 400 phone users - Discussion

Great idea Heinz!

Thank you very much for all of your effort in getting this off the ground and keeping things up to date.

Comments

• keefrto
    keefrto Posts: 281 Forumite
    Glad that this is now off the block:T
    Currently 4 me its Rogers Contract cell phone, REBTEL.COM is the best mobile making and receiving calls to/from UK and Canada:beer:
  • GTG
    GTG Posts: 445
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks again Heinz, an excellent hassle free way to optimise your communication costs.
  • Great idea - thanks for this. I hope that we'd be able to recover our CWClient account if it doesn't work out.

What does it assume as a baseline? I'm on Primus Saver2, but I imagine that others may have different setups. Are you going to go firm on the current setup, or let us know what it is when you're ready to go live.

Finally, I occasionally use 09 numbers, so can we allow these? If not, I'm not sure how I'd get round the block...
    Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • iamsam
    iamsam Posts: 106
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Without meaning to be difficult... don't Primus (assuming that is your CPS provider) state that they block (some) premium rate calls?

Does the program bar 128009? If so, I guess dialling 121 1280 09xx would be a workable, if somewhat convoluted, solution to make premium rate calls.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    edited 12 September 2010 at 8:26AM
    ... don't Primus (assuming that is your CPS provider) state that they block (some) premium rate calls? They used to block all 09 calls but the carrier they use changed.

Does the program bar 128009? If so, I guess dialling 121 1280 09xx would be a workable, if somewhat convoluted, solution to make premium rate calls.No, it used to be a 'suggested possible additional' item - so, if your Orchid is programmed with it still, that sequence will overcome it.

[EMAIL="heinz121@gmail.com"][email protected][/EMAIL]
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Thanks for the help, Heinz. I think I'll definitely be signing up, as I occasionally find I'm using out of date numbers or the rates have changed. I must admit I hadn't realised that you were updating your suggestions post in the other thread, so I was doing the same research myself each time :rolleyes: :wall:

Do you need any assistance to help run this?
    Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • I have an Orchid 400 but find it completely incomprehensible to set up using the software supplied. in fact it took me a week of daily effort to even launch the software.

I can manage to use the manual set-up but this will not let me program depending on time-of-day. I cannot use your program Heinz as you assume everyone is on Primus.

Any other suggestions?
  • keefrto
    keefrto Posts: 281 Forumite
    I have an Orchid 400 but find it completely incomprehensible to set up using the software supplied. in fact it took me a week of daily effort to even launch the software.

I can manage to use the manual set-up but this will not let me program depending on time-of-day. I cannot use your program Heinz as you assume everyone is on Primus.

Any other suggestions?
    I would call Orchid electronics in the am and ask to speak to Toby or Maggie. If anyone can resolve these guys will help out bigtime.
    good luck
    Currently 4 me its Rogers Contract cell phone, REBTEL.COM is the best mobile making and receiving calls to/from UK and Canada:beer:
  • Thanks Heinz this is a great service.
  • As someone else has mentioned - not everyone is on Primus - I use a dialler at work and we are stuck with our provider as they offered half price line rental providing we signed for a few years - well worth it but no free calls so route evrything through 18xxx.

Would it be possible to have 2 Heinz (cos we all know there should be 57 ;) )

One on Primus, one on "BT"?? I know its more work and would be happy to maintain the "BT" one if you want.

I did also have mine set up so mobile calls went via one 18xxx number, daytimes another and evenings and weekends another - meant I could easily see exactly what we were spending on which type of call but gets a bit convoluted :) Was handy originally as could then make reasoned decision on which supplier to go with - e.g. "free" daytime calls for £X - am I spending more than that even using 18xxx if so then might as well make life easy and go with that supplier etc. If you wanted to be really snazzy you could offer this to newbie users and then swap them to Heinz 1 or 2 depending on which works best - but probably too convoluted :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure