❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• dropsofjupiter
    Options
    Im really annoyed as the spy watch Santa is bringing DS ;) is £24.99 at toys r us, the cheapest anywhere! (£39.99 everywhere else) but no stock online and they said it wont be in stock for another 8 weeks! None in store either except for over 250 miles away :eek: and one 13 miles away which would be fine except for its in Bayswater which is Central London so a pain in the bum to get to!

I just checked stock near me and the nearest store with it in stock is Bayswater 128miles away! :eek: Sorry I can't help!
    Hobnobs are like marines
  • dropsofjupiter
    Options
    I'm feeling the frustrations of planning early. Two presents I ordered at the start of September have disappeared. I spent an hour looking in all my hiding places last night, and only managed to get covered in Tesco confetti :( One of the presents is for my brothers birthday in 9 days so I must find them!
    Hobnobs are like marines
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    my chocs arrived from the chocolate tasting club we have triyed the smaller box and they are nice but certainly looking at the size of the full size box deffinately not worth the best part of £20.

ive just been checking on my WH Smith's order and delivery is 3-7 working days from the date i recieved the email saying they were on their way not from the date of the order !!!!!! at this rate it will be easter before they arrive.

I seem to have received a brown cardboard box about 40 x 15 x 4 cm designed to go through a post box. Should I have two boxes or something? Can't remember the instructions or see anything on my credit card or quidco yet. The letter just says I've paid for it.
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pinknfluffy sorry to hear about your parents, hope your mum is OK

pinksteps sorry to hear about your family problems

OMO I know Christmas is stressful for you and you don't need any more stress, make sure you enjoy your time before and after your mum's arrival

dropsofjupiter hope you find all your presents. I have presents scattered all over the bedroom and under the bed. it is going to take me ages to find them all

princessx87 congratulations

daisyegg hope you manage to rescue your tree. it looked lovely!

moneysavingmumofone lovely gingerbread house. hope ds enjoyed his swimming

we went to buy our tree yesterday. the first garden centre we went to not only had closed down but had been demolished - ooops. the second place is a local farm where we had bought a tree a few years ago - they don't sell them any more. the third place was another local farm and we got one from there:j the boys started decorating it then got bored so OH finished it. we haven't had a real tree for a few years and it looks lovely.

I am going out with the WI for our Christmas meal on Wednesday and as per usual have nothing to wear. the jumper/dress from peacocks that someone posted a few days ago (sorry I can't remember who it was) would be perfect but we don't have a peacocks here any more. I found a plain red jumper dress in BHS which i got in case I didn't find anything else but when i tried it on it looked awful, like a sack of potatoes:eek: so i went to matalan to get the rudolph cardigan and also saw another jumper dress. i will try them both on and see which looks best.
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • lizalloareds
    Options
    Hugs to everyone that needs them x
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • spacecadet1
    spacecadet1 Posts: 115 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2012 at 10:08PM
    Options

my boys wanted santa to bring this wooden/ sweetie fire engine but £5.... normally I can't fault their prices but I felt this was a complete rip off.

That's positively bargainous. They had them in a local garden centre for £9.99 :eek: needless to say I didn't buy any :)
  • springdreams
    Options
    moneysavingmumofone, I've had a look in my closest store and regrettably they too do not have the spy watch in stock :(

OMO so sorry to hear that your lovely plans are being ruined. However, as others have said, enjoy the wine either before or after your Mum has been :cool:

Daisyegg, so sad to see what has happened to your beautiful tree. Hope you manage to salvage it ;)
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • pinknfluffy28
    Options
    well, really struggled through work today, my mind just keeps wandering & i still keeping having crying / stomach lurching moments! Managed to ammend the christmas hamper to make it a wonderful gift just for mum. Took out the "worlds best grandparents" car sign & desk clock, and re-covered the scrapbook to say "for our very special nanna". It still looks really nice & i know mum will appreciate it. Took kids to tesc@ tonight & they chose a box of chocolates & some slippers for my dad. I will also frame & wrap a recent pic of girls for him. I have decided i dont want to meet up with him till new year, but ive wrote xmas card & will text him once a week & on xmas day just to say hi, thats about all i can bring myself to do for now.
    My dh has been absoloutly amazing, he doesnt usually handle emotions well, but he has been my hero, just cuddling & listening, & taking it upon himself to order flowers to be delivered to mums xmas eve. I really am a very lucky woman!
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • Archiebear
    Options
    My elderly neighbour has been an absolute gem over the last 12 months, knitting loads of winter woolies for my DGS (a skill I've never mastered :() so I thought she deserved better than a box of chocs/ bunch of flowers!

Apologies if this comes out massive!!

036a.jpg

Contents: fat ball holder, fat balls, sunflowers seeds, nut hanger, seed hanger, coconut, seed bell and a book on common garden birds.
    Total Cost including Trug, contents and cello/ bows £10.40
    Stopped smoking 20th October 2012 :D

This year I will have something that resembles a garden and not a building site!
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    edited 10 December 2012 at 11:07PM
    Options
    Archiebear wrote: »
    My elderly neighbour has been an absolute gem over the last 12 months, knitting loads of winter woolies for my DGS (a skill I've never mastered :() so I thought she deserved better than a box of chocs/ bunch of flowers!

Apologies if this comes out massive!!

036a.jpg

Contents: fat ball holder, fat balls, sunflowers seeds, nut hanger, seed hanger, coconut, seed bell and a book on common garden birds.
    Total Cost including Trug, contents and cello/ bows £10.40

This is a very lovely, thoughtful gift :beer:

Just noticed in your signature that you have given up smoking. Well done. I gave the habit up 6 years ago after 20 years as a smoker.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family