❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    Awww you have to share a piccie Daisiegg! :)
  • lizalloareds
    Options
    Morning everyone, well todays plans are ironing:( I also clean 2 sheltered housing flats but don't mind doing it. After lunch I need to wrap some presents for my Mum to take to my Brothers this week and make up some things to sell at work all the money is going to charity though:) have been given paper coffee cups, sugars and stirrers so going to do Tea to go, Latte to go, Flannel cupcakes.
    Ideas would be welcomed would need to be relatively inexpensive as all money is from my own pocket.
    Hope everyone has a good day x
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    the PNP app (for i-phone and android) is now live..............but they want £2 + there are then reviews that you have to pay for things once it's downloaded. Has anyone downloaded it yet?? can you see your videos done online thro the app without having to download to your phone?

Is there much you have to pay for? I love the santa call ideas but not if they only get 1 then expect me to pay £1+ for any more.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH....

Absolute disaster....

After my last happy cheery post, I went down and went into the living room and.......THE CHRISTMAS TREE HAS FALLEN OVER!

It is a scene of utter Christmas carnage....water everywhere, including on the presents....baubles smashed...decorations that have fallen off it strewn all over the floor....it's awful :(:(:( it is a huge heavy tree but I just about managed to pull it back up, but it won't stand up so I have sort of leant it on a sofa but the branches are still getting crushed and everything :(

I don't know how this could have happened :( we have a proper stand and we made sure it felt very stable :(

I am so upset I could cry. And it won't get sorted until OH comes home tonight and he is going out after work so he will be late. I was looking forward to coming home from work later and sitting with the tree all lit up and beautiful, now I am going to have to sit in a room with a fallen over tree!!!! It would be funny if I wasn't so sad :(

I also don't know what we are going to be able to do to sort it.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • meme30
    meme30 Posts: 534 Forumite
    Options
    daisiegg wrote: »
    OMG OMG OMG AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH....

Absolute disaster....

After my last happy cheery post, I went down and went into the living room and.......THE CHRISTMAS TREE HAS FALLEN OVER!

It is a scene of utter Christmas carnage....water everywhere, including on the presents....baubles smashed...decorations that have fallen off it strewn all over the floor....it's awful :(:(:( it is a huge heavy tree but I just about managed to pull it back up, but it won't stand up so I have sort of leant it on a sofa but the branches are still getting crushed and everything :(

I don't know how this could have happened :( we have a proper stand and we made sure it felt very stable :(

I am so upset I could cry. And it won't get sorted until OH comes home tonight and he is going out after work so he will be late. I was looking forward to coming home from work later and sitting with the tree all lit up and beautiful, now I am going to have to sit in a room with a fallen over tree!!!! It would be funny if I wasn't so sad :(

I also don't know what we are going to be able to do to sort it.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh, that awful Daisegg Do you have a cat or a dog? maybe they knocked it over. We once put our 8ft real tree in our bay window and our Old English Sheepdog barged through it trying to watch passersby! As you say Carnage!:(
    Give us the strength to encounter that which is to come, that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temparate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune, and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another.”
  • Rosygirl
    Options
    Morning everyone, I have been trying to dip in and out but wasn't feeling too good last week so have got very behind. I realised now that I have no chance of replying to previous posts as I had hoped to do- sorry!

We went to get our tree yesterday, always the same place (they grow them there). Came home with our usual one for the family room but also got a diddy one for the sitting room. I spotted a sign that said:
    '2nd grade trees -£12'
    Well, silly me felt sorry for them then, so we got 2 of those- am I daft? At least it meant we could get 2 and still have change from the £42 that the size we wanted cost.
    Going to try and crack on and 'transform' the house this week- hopefully!
    Keep warm everyone. xxx
    * Ebay- 1 Bag a Day *
  • Rosygirl
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    I feel very unChristmassy. I am not fed up in anyway at all. Just doesn't feel like it is only 2 weeks away.

Even watching Christmas films hasn't helped.

But even worse, it doesn't seem to bother me.

In fact I am looking forward to January. I love January. It is a new beginning, and I get to use my new note pads, and start new lists. :j :o

I think because I have done everything (Except the dreaded wrapping) I feel a little lost.

But then reading everyone else's posts, we have all become the most unChristmassy Christmas Freaks I have ever met.

Just had to comment on this- it happens to me almost every year. I get so excited so early (erm, June/ July ish :o) and by the time December comes around I've had enough. My husband coined a phrase years ago for me, he says I've peaked too early! :rotfl:
    * Ebay- 1 Bag a Day *
  • jeningers
    Options
    weeclick dont know if you ave heard back yet but LIdls in NI dont have the cellophane Iv been round a few and told the same thing
  • PRINCESSX87
    Options
    Morning all.

Over my rant now, Think it was the shock, But now, I'm calmer & with the duchy advice... I'm excited to be a AUNTIE!! :):D

Ive got a list of last min presents to buy and i was hoping you lot could advise me the best places to go for discounts, ect.

I need to buy:-

posh box of choccies.
    Body wash/ shower gel set for Brothers 19 & 16 yo
    Oldspice & brut aftershave sets. (Must have the aftershave)
    MP3 PLAYER (Max budget of £20)
    sweets (For sweetie hamper)
    3 posh box biccies.
    lastly a mens soft feeling housecoat (Dressing gowns)

These is the last of main presents. Then its on to the stocking cones. I've done the kids one's which has sweeties & lollies. But i'm stuck for adults so any ideas on what could be put into them?

Shops local are, Pr*marks, £lands, ect??
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • xxlouisexx56
    Options
    Good morning :)

I wrapped 4 presents last night before I gave up. I love Christmas but I hate wrapping, only 70 odd left to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure