❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    jeningers wrote: »
    weeclick dont know if you ave heard back yet but LIdls in NI dont have the cellophane Iv been round a few and told the same thing

Yeh they got back to me such a shame they did them about 3 years ago! So annoying! Going to price round local florists I think
    Morning all.

Over my rant now, Think it was the shock, But now, I'm calmer & with the duchy advice... I'm excited to be a AUNTIE!! :):D

Ive got a list of last min presents to buy and i was hoping you lot could advise me the best places to go for discounts, ect.

I need to buy:-

posh box of choccies.
    Body wash/ shower gel set for Brothers 19 & 16 yo
    Oldspice & brut aftershave sets. (Must have the aftershave)
    MP3 PLAYER (Max budget of £20)
    sweets (For sweetie hamper)
    3 posh box biccies.
    lastly a mens soft feeling housecoat (Dressing gowns)

These is the last of main presents. Then its on to the stocking cones. I've done the kids one's which has sweeties & lollies. But i'm stuck for adults so any ideas on what could be put into them?

Shops local are, Pr*marks, £lands, ect??

argos is good for mp3 player type stuff http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9291779.htm
    this is 2gb, black (they also have a pink one) £9.97 on offer :)

Thorntons also have an offer on 3 for 2 (hamper type boxes £10 each or 3 for £20 great bargain would maybe suit both the posh box of chocolates plus sweets for hamper?)
    Life is what you make it.
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    edited 10 December 2012 at 2:33PM
    Options
    posh box of choccies.
    3 posh box biccies.

Try Wilkinsons..........

They had 3 for £10 on lynx bodyspray/ showergel gift sets - I paid £5 each in tesco on saturday. :mad:

They also has nice tins of biscuits.

defo had sweets.

online have old spice and brut.....

infact order it all (except dressing gown) online to your nearest store and pick it up :D

my boys wanted santa to bring this wooden/ sweetie fire engine but £5.... normally I can't fault their prices but I felt this was a complete rip off.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    PrincessX87 sending you lots of hugs, must have been a shock for all of you and as you say, when circumstances are less than ideal it is a worry, I hope they will sort themselves out and that making plans for the baby will help your brother and your mum, congrats on being an auntie!

DaisyEgg am so sorry about your tree, how awful! *sends you hugs too* I hope your OH can get it sorted.

I know what you mean about 'peaking too early'! I wish I liked January but I find it so bleak, and I don't like New Year at all as it signified the end of Christmas for me, I need to get my mindset sorted out! We have so much going on and Im mindful both myself and DH are so busy at work and DD has her GCSE mocks the first day back in Janaury and shes snowed under, as everyone is so busy Im trying to organaise and build in days off,

Unfortunately even though we agreed the date back in September, my sis is wanting to change it to every other date that we are booked up! I think shes a bit cross with me that we can't do any of her dates (been texting so hard to assess!) the only day we are free that she wants is Christmas eve but its over a 100 mile round trip and thats the one day we want to just chill and do all the things the kids want to do - not drive on motorways! so ive said no but I feel like I'm being mean. Shes pointed out that she will have to make 3 trips to my mums in that case, but surely she already knew this? as they kindly pick her up and take her to theirs then bring her back after Christmas :( any ideas what I can do to help her? I can't do the driving as they are opposite end of the country but I dont want her to feel I'm making her life difficult, but we did book the date months ago and this usually seems to happen :(

I suggested she take mums bags etc with her next week when we are all there, and then perhaps mum could get train down to them, but she feels its not fair to ask her to do that and I respect that :(

to make matters worse I don't have a free day, but even if I did I can't drive on motorway, I had panic attack last time and had to pull onto hard shoulder feeling light headed, was so frightening and hubby had to take over, I can't ask him to do such a long trip as he'd have to take a day off work and he doesnt have holiday left other than Christmas and hes so busy :(

*sigh* ! I want to try and help her sort it out but I don't know how any suggestions would be gratefully received
  • FeistyFidget
    Options
    Morning all.

Over my rant now, Think it was the shock, But now, I'm calmer & with the duchy advice... I'm excited to be a AUNTIE!! :):D

Ive got a list of last min presents to buy and i was hoping you lot could advise me the best places to go for discounts, ect.

I need to buy:-

posh box of choccies.
    3 posh box biccies.

These is the last of main presents. Then its on to the stocking cones. I've done the kids one's which has sweeties & lollies. But i'm stuck for adults so any ideas on what could be put into them?

Shops local are, Pr*marks, £lands, ect??

Could you have a go at home made truffles instead of choclates? They work out much cheaper and people really love them :)

Do you have an asda close? I saw the old spice sets when I went in last week, I am fairly sure there was aftershave? Primark should have some fleecy dressing gowns :)

Just need to get this week out the way and they I can really crack on with the festivities, baking wrapping etc :) I had the chance to take an extra day off work this week but am proud to say i didn't take it :)

Need to bump up annual earning total to get a better mortgage deal in two years.
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • msgigglewick
    Options
    Finally got the majority of the girls wrapping all done (need to get more paper and tags) just got their main pressies and their stockings to get wrapped and sorted out.. Then its other family pressies but that doesn't matter if the girls see those lol.

Dd4 isn't well still :( her bug has developed into a sickness bug ontop of the cold and temp.. def lingering this one!

My dd1 is in her gcse year too, shes got 2 projects to get finished by end of next week,, hopefully shes ontop of it then a biology exam when she goes back after xmas.. be so glad when its all done, really think they have piled too much on her (she'll have the equivalent of 15 gcses (includes 2 diplomas) when she leaves but still too much!)

I really should be sat here writing my food list out as i want to get the non perishables tomorrow. lacking motivation!
    Totally debt free wohooo 2014
    Christmas 2014
    Presents bought **** rrp **** Saved ****
    *SAVE*SAVE*SAVE*
  • RubyS_3
    Options
    I love Christmas too :)
    And if you want to spend less money on gifts then give a voucher for example a massage to your friends :P
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    meme30 wrote: »
    Oh, that awful Daisegg Do you have a cat or a dog? maybe they knocked it over. We once put our 8ft real tree in our bay window and our Old English Sheepdog barged through it trying to watch passersby! As you say Carnage!:(

Nope, no animals or children :( maybe it was a ghost?! Anyway I am gutted. Just hoping OH can sort it tonight....bless him, I was so upset he has decided not to go out for drinks and to come home early instead. My lovely man!
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    if anyone needs to get fragrance LLoyds Pharmacy have 25% off (but some have more) fragrances.

I just got hubby Hugo Boss Soul (his favourite) - 50ml for just £19 - instead of £36. Standard delviery is supposed to be £2.95 but going through free for some reason at the moment.

YAYAYAY shopping officially finished.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • daisiegg
    Options
    The tree before.....

SAM_0568.jpg
  • daisiegg
    Options
    ....and what I came down to this morning :(:(:(

SAM_0575.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors