❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Well that's it! Any Christmas spirit I had has been taken away. Dd has just phoned to tell me Nannie ( my Mum) has invited herself to ours for Christmas dinner .:mad:
    I started to get grumpy, Dd then started to get upset, saying we can't leave her on her own at Christmas. She has a row with my sister so is not going there now.
    I could cry. The nice bottle of white I bought myself is now going to have to be hidden, as is the bottle of Baileys. She will turn up with her cheap plonk and drink the lot, while I drink coffee.:mad:

I BLOODY HATE CHRISTMAS. :mad:
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    Well that's it! Any Christmas spirit I had has been taken away. Dd has just phoned to tell me Nannie ( my Mum) has invited herself to ours for Christmas dinner .:mad:
    I started to get grumpy, Dd then started to get upset, saying we can't leave her on her own at Christmas. She has a row with my sister so is not going there now.
    I could cry. The nice bottle of white I bought myself is now going to have to be hidden, as is the bottle of Baileys. She will turn up with her cheap plonk and drink the lot, while I drink coffee.:mad:

I BLOODY HATE CHRISTMAS. :mad:

Oh dear, poor you. Keeping focussing on the nice bottle of white which you will have suitably chilled, to savour and enjoy when she has gone. I now have visions of you in a nice comfy chair, legs up on a foot rest, and get this, a cigar in your hand!:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • jakesbakescakes
    Options
    OMO I say drink the wine now... you'll feel better :)
  • Island_mum
    Options
    So this is my first ever post on any forum so here goes....
    I am wondering whether you could all help me with when Christmas bits and bobs appear in the shops on the mainland? I'm from the Channel Islands and, whilst this is my first Christmas as a Mummy, I LOVE it and get so excited - only downside is we have no bargain shops or supermarket chains over here so want to come to England next year and start looking for hamper and stocking goodies so wondering when is best?
    :heart2:DD born 11/04/12 :heart2:
    Weight loss 8/32lb (to reach wedding day weight - 23/07/11)
    £2013 in 2013 - £59/£2013
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Daisiegg!! Bless you!! But hurrah what a lovely man you've got and I can see why you're marrying him. Really hope it's salvageable as it looked lovely in the first piccie!! ((hugs))
    (I would cry too if it happened to me - it takes so long getting everyone on it and looking perfect!)
  • PRINCESSX87
    Options
    Island_mum Im pretty sure more will be along shortly after the school runs, tea time ect.

For me, this was my first year having a budget. Normally, OH & I would wait until he broke up from work (Normally Christmas Eve.) And hit the high street paying over the odds ect.

All i could suggest is, Picking items up over the course of the year. This way, Your never spending loads of money in one go. If you would prefer to over over and do a yearly buy, I would say nov might be better. Christmas markets start up, Festive season saving slowly creep into the stores. HTH'S x
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • kat360
    kat360 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My OH started putting our decorations up yesterday, last year it took him 2 days. This year it looks as if its going to be closer to 3 days:eek: He really love Christmas and it was worth it this morning just for the looks on our lg's faces :D Our house is going to look like santas grotto when it's finished :o
    : DD1 23/11/09
    DD2 16/12/10
    DS1 19/01/13
    DS2 05/03/14
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    MrsDrink wrote: »
    Oh Daisiegg!! Bless you!! But hurrah what a lovely man you've got and I can see why you're marrying him. Really hope it's salvageable as it looked lovely in the first piccie!! ((hugs))
    (I would cry too if it happened to me - it takes so long getting everyone on it and looking perfect!)

Thank you :( it is still in the corner leaning against the sofa staring at me accusingly. OH and I have decided we are ordering pizza tonight and cracking open a bottle of wine and we WILL salvage it. We have to! :(
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs Daisegg, such a gorgeous tree as well, hope it is ok x

Hugs to you too OMO x
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    Nanamia-Thankyou so much for the kind offer. Unfortunately it only seems to be in stock in Carlisle and Bayswater! xxx

Nic2075-Thankyou so much for looking for me. :) I think Ill just pay the £39.99 but you never know somewhere else might put it on offer before Friday. (payday) :) Hope your DD gets better soon, my DS would come to my room too even though the bathroom is directly opposite his bedroom lol! x

daisiegg-Oh noooo it looked so pretty up too! All I can think of is maybe the trunks too long? Never had a real xmas tree before so cant think of anything else. :/ Hope you can get it sorted, Im sure you can. :) xxx

Rosygirl-Dont think you're daft at all, I would have felt sorry for them and bought them too lol! Saving money too so cant be a bad thing. :)

PRINCESSX87-Yay Congratulations Auntie! Its lovely having nieces/nephews. :) Asda has a brilliant 3 for £10 offer which includes lovely boxes/tins of biscuits and chocolates including Thorntons. :)

Snugglebunny8-Its not your fault you are organised and all booked up in advance, I know the feeling of feeling mean (if that makes sense lol) as I usually do too. Even though you're not being unreasonable, other people can make you feel like you are! Sorry I cant think of any helpful suggestions but Im sure someone will think of something. xx

msgigglewick-Sending get well vibes to your DD, poor thing! x

Oh OwnMyOwn that doesnt sound much fun. :( Hopefully you can have some festive and relaxing time before/after your Mums at yours. x

Island_Mum-Id say christmas stuff appears around September but best time Id say to come over is beginning of November, everywhere will have their stuff out but it wont be so late that its running out! :)

Well OH has man flu and is asleep on the sofa! He is never ill so the sniffles is the end of the world! :rotfl:He looked so tragic this morning saying in a whiny voice Im all blocked up and feel coldddd. :rotfl:Sorry I have no sympathy, I dont get any when I have/had bronchitis, chest infections etc so no chance. :p Put a few more decorations up last night, it might be finished by next christmas!! :rotfl:Me and DS made a mini gingerbread house after school, it was from Piundworld and the colours are so luminous and look exactly like something you'd get at the North Pole! I wouldnt reccomend eating it though, yuk! :eek: (the icing tastes foul!) Looks cute though and really easy for little ones to do. Saying that though Ive just looked at it and one half has fallen off! :rotfl:
    th_PC101149.jpg

Taking DS swimming in half an hour, they get their badges and certificates today! Poor DS has missed 6 of the 12 lessons, (3 ear infections where he missed 4 lessons, once for my brothers 21st and DS chose not to go as he didnt want to miss the fun and once the pools pump was broken) not good for his first term! Ive bought him ear plugs now so hopefully no recurring ear infections next term!
    I really need to start getting my hampers together, Ive nearly run out of presents to wrap but have loads of hampers to wrap! Need to get some storage boxes from HB on Saturday then think Ill spend Sunday packaging them up so I can then enjoy the next week or so before Christmas Day! :)
    'They only had one cow!'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport