❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Nanamia
    Nanamia Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow lovelies you are all doing so well. Hugs Dasiegg your tree looked fab and with the help of your DP I bet it's standing proud again now (fingers crossed) Island_Mum I'd aim to come over after Halloween, so early November although I'm sure Home Bargins, Wilkinsons and even the pound shops have websites/or are about too where you could shop online.
    Archiebear I love your hampers they look so professional :) and well done with the containing non smoking. X
    Linky I'm going to have to have very strong words with you! You love (remember-love love love) your run up to Christmas, preperations, sounds smells etc :) You can sit and gaze at your twinkly forest and relax with a glass of something chilled, then on the day let your DD enjoy dinner with her Nannie and wave her goodbye :)
    Feisty feisty feisty you too need a serious talking too pick up your Christmas spirit at once and don't drop it again. You are working toooooo hard. Be kind to yourself :) xxx
    The secret of Christmas
    It's not the things you do at Christmastime
    But the Christmas things you do
    All year through

• sunshine_shell
    Options
    I want to cry!!!!!!

After months of saving and planning my mother in law turned round last night and said 'we aren't doing presents this year are we? I think its for kids only' WHAT!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! There are no children in the family!!!!!! i went bonkers when we got into the car, she knows how much i love Christmas and how much effort i put into buying and wrapping gifts.

So angry and upset with her right now, i know its because she can't be bothered but i think she could have said this a little earlier than the 9th of pigging December!!!
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    I want to cry!!!!!!

After months of saving and planning my mother in law turned round last night and said 'we aren't doing presents this year are we? I think its for kids only' WHAT!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!! There are no children in the family!!!!!! i went bonkers when we got into the car, she knows how much i love Christmas and how much effort i put into buying and wrapping gifts.

So angry and upset with her right now, i know its because she can't be bothered but i think she could have said this a little earlier than the 9th of pigging December!!!

Id'a turned round and said just that .......... "It's the 9th of december, yours are already bought and wrapped, don't worry tho I'll donate them to xxxx instead"
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Nanamia
    Nanamia Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm with you Chickywiggle, can you think of somebody who would appreciate them ? Sunshine_Shell it doesn't sound like you MiL deserves them anyway :( families !
    The secret of Christmas
    It's not the things you do at Christmastime
    But the Christmas things you do
    All year through

• dropsofjupiter
    Options
    I want to cry!!!!!!

She sounds like a joy :) can't you (or OH) tell her that you've already got her presents so perhaps you can do the "kids only" rule from next year, when you'll have kids :D
    Hobnobs are like marines
  • dropsofjupiter
    Options
    Also... I found my presents!! :D Once I screwed my head back on and actually thought about it I found them in five minutes. They'd slipped behind my drawers! (obviously ;)).

On the whole I've had a very productive evening, made 4 pots of gold and half assembled 8 bags of reindeer noses. My friends aren't going to know what's hit them this year :D:T:T
    Hobnobs are like marines
  • sunshine_shell
    Options
    i'm taking them back, getting refunds and spending the money on me and my amazing OH!!

How he grew up in that family and turned out normal i'll never know!!! Oh it'll all change next year when the baby is here, they'll expect us to change everything but i won't be changing our rountine to suit them, infact i might stay at home and invite my parents round for xmas dinner, we've gone to there's now for the last 6 years... never once have we had an invite to MILs!!
  • moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    dropsofjupiter-Thankyou for looking. :) I am always losing presents! One year I was up until silly o'clock christmas morning trying to find my stepdads main present. Didnt help that it was a tiny digital photo keyring! :rotfl:

springdreams-Thankyou for looking. xx

Archiebear-All of your hampers are fabulous! The movie night box is amazing! :)

sunshine_shell-Its so annoying when people say at the last minute they're not doing presents for the adults that year isnt it! A bit of notice would be nice! :eek:

Added up what I still need to buy and its rather :eek: Will have to do some shopping on Friday 21st too but at least its not christmas eve like every other year! So annoying when I prepare for christmas all year but due to money still have to shop at the last minute! Definitely going to try and save next year but doesnt usually go too well for us. :o
    Anyway enough moaning, Im wearing my penguin pyjamas and feeling festive. :D Am going to make my party food list then go to bed! x
    'They only had one cow!'
  • chirpychick
    chirpychick Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello... no way can I possibly catch up now lol, hope everyone is ok?
    Still no baby!!!! Due for induction tomorrow (and am very scared!).

After all the preparation and even with all the decs up I still don't feel Christmassy at all yet!!

I still have Cards to write and send because we were wanting to do photo cards so I am waiting for the baby and will print the photos at home for the cards and the frames we have for presents and then I will get hubby to write them and post them and wrap the frames lol! Thankfully due to his work Christmas closing days we are really lucky because from tomorrow he only has to work 1 day between tomorrow and Jan 2nd, so 3 weeks almost at home with baby and me. So he will be able to help me catch up on the christmas stuff!

We managed to get a yellow sticker candy cane bread and christmas tree bread from morrisons and a turkey reduced from £9 to £3 from m&s so we have some lovely bits in the freezer.

have i missed anything big? bring me up to speed :)
    Everything is always better after a cup of tea
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cepheus wrote: »
    I seem to have received a brown cardboard box about 40 x 15 x 4 cm designed to go through a post box. Should I have two boxes or something? Can't remember the instructions or see anything on my credit card or quidco yet. The letter just says I've paid for it.

Both boxes of chocs are in the one box , the payment had already been taken a few days before i recieved mine.we have kept the big box for christmas .
    dont get too excited while they arent bad chocs they arent worth the price tag ive emailed them and cancelled my subscription.
    i went via topcashback and it showed almost straight away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure