❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• FeistyFidget
    Options
    I see that Gleek started this thread back in April, does anyone know when we will start the 2014 one? I would love to keep in touch with you lovelies throughout the year as I know it will spur me and and keep me Christmas crafting throughout the year (without leaving it until the last 6 weeks).

Big hugs to all that need them, it seems the Christmas blues/stresses are hitting most of us. I say we all take a step back, smile and remember just what Christmas really means to us :)
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    I see that Gleek started this thread back in April, does anyone know when we will start the 2014 one? I would love to keep in touch with you lovelies throughout the year as I know it will spur me and and keep me Christmas crafting throughout the year (without leaving it until the last 6 weeks).

Big hugs to all that need them, it seems the Christmas blues/stresses are hitting most of us. I say we all take a step back, smile and remember just what Christmas really means to us :)

2014?! :eek: do you mean 2013? :rotfl:
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    LOL now THATS organised!!! :rotfl:

sunshine_shell I really feel for you, some people look at you as if you are mad if you get organised early for Christmas, yet then they are disorganised or can't be bothered and you end up with people like your MIL, they do make me cross! may I suggest you get perhaps try and your OH to speak to her and point out that even though you are pregnant you have put a lot of time and effort into Christmas and in finding the right gift for her etc, so yes, this year you are doing gifts but perhaps next year a decision could be made earlier as you will have a child to look after and be even busier (subtext, guilt the **** out of her!) I really feel for you, it's awful when you have put in so much thought and care and somebody does that, 11th of December is not a date for big Christmas decisions!!

similar sort of thing with my family, I ask in August if x date suits everyone, they agree, then (as is happening now) 4 days before they start trying to change it or saying it doesnt suit them, last year we didnt get to see one set of family members who I'd really like to have seen, as they went and booked something else the day we had agreed, I presume assuming we would just change to fit in and we couldnt, in my book if you have already agreed you dont book something else, or at least you speak to the people first! seems like manners, care and thought have got a bit lost doesnt it? *oooh stops rambling and ranting, sorreeeee* !! :grin:

best of luck for tomorrow chirpychick! glad you are ok, but you must be desperate to see little one now! we will all be thinking of you and wishing you a nice quick labour, let us know as soon as you get the chance! xxxx
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    Hello... no way can I possibly catch up now lol, hope everyone is ok?
    Still no baby!!!! Due for induction tomorrow (and am very scared!).

After all the preparation and even with all the decs up I still don't feel Christmassy at all yet!!

I still have Cards to write and send because we were wanting to do photo cards so I am waiting for the baby and will print the photos at home for the cards and the frames we have for presents and then I will get hubby to write them and post them and wrap the frames lol! Thankfully due to his work Christmas closing days we are really lucky because from tomorrow he only has to work 1 day between tomorrow and Jan 2nd, so 3 weeks almost at home with baby and me. So he will be able to help me catch up on the christmas stuff!

We managed to get a yellow sticker candy cane bread and christmas tree bread from morrisons and a turkey reduced from £9 to £3 from m&s so we have some lovely bits in the freezer.

have i missed anything big? bring me up to speed :)

Wishing you all the best, Ive been reading the thread hoping to have heard from you so glad you popped in :beer: What a fab christmas you will have! You will soon feel very christmassy once the baby is here, nothing more special than having a baby in the house at christmas :D

If it were up to me the thread wouldnt stop lol Ive found this all completely invaluble, wouldnt be half as organised without you lot and reading just how much you all get up to daily!
    Life is what you make it.
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    re Hotel Chocolat, I do agree about the price, I feel like ive lost the plot spending a huge amount on chocolate! but if you find something in the taster box that you like, they do sell individual chocolates in little trays of 6, they are (I think) 2.50 but if you buy 3 they are 2.95? I never like everything in a box so we end up witha few left whicb I hate at that price! so find the little trays they do are good value compared to box, I love the whisky and the cognac ones they do but they only seem to do trays of those near Christmas, grrr!
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Well, last night was not a very pleasant evening!

OH got home from work at about 7 (very early for him) since being there at 6.30am. He is still jet lagged after spending last week in the US and was tired and grumpy. We lifted the tree and discovered that it simply wouldn't stand up anymore :(

We found a different stand in the garage from a previous year that has more surface area and looked like it might be more stable. Tried to put that on....but the trunk was too big and wouldn't fit in.

Cue some amateur carpentry in the living room involving hacking off the bottom branches and then trying to saw away at the trunk to make it narrow enough to fit in the new stand....all with the wrong type of saw that was struggling to go through the VERY hard and tough wood! Argh! It took hours and there were a few points when we really thought it wouldn't work. :( eventually we got it into the more stable stand...and....it seems to be staying upright!

Now I have the task of redecorating it as we had to take everything off it. Usually I love decorating the tree but not second time around, I can't really be bothered after all that! :rotfl:
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    weeclick wrote: »
    If it were up to me the thread wouldnt stop lol Ive found this all completely invaluble, wouldnt be half as organised without you lot and reading just how much you all get up to daily!

I am starting the thread. There will be a link on this one so everyone can find it .
    Will most probably do it Christmas day evening with my bottle of wine. I need something to look forward to.:)

The first few posts will be all the links I have saved from this thread, so in November we are not all looking for them.:D
  • Betsie2010
    Options
    Looking forward to the new thread omo
    Thought I was nearly there, all organsed etc, but just had a week end away with work and now back and beginning to panic. Nothing wrapped, some cards still to be written and really need to go through cupboards to find exactly what there is for their stockings.
    To top it - have done a hamper for my eldset ds and his girlfriend of a night in. Now he's moved out back to his Dad's.... They are still seeing each other, but I'm not sure for how much longer.
    Seems to be a catching disease of losing Christmas spirit....
    2015 £2 Saver #82
    SPC #323 £66 (2014)

Pay All your Debt off by Xmas 2015 #104
    Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves
  • Morgy9
    Morgy9 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to Bargain hunts my elves now have a facebook page:T - see below - so if you have elves or just passing on fb can you add like to their page - will tickle the kids when they see a fan base for them? These are keeping the xmas spirit going for us and something I can do whilst DS watching movie.

Yes like some others I am totally behind - with cancer treatment I have run out of energy and but hoped to get final shopping this week, finish cards and wrap presents. Now DS off school:eek: (was 'sick' yesterday) hum... nothing wrong apart from a slight cough. So no chance of final stocking fillers, xmas wrapping, food shopping or cooking with him in tow full of vim and vinegar. I thought I had stocking stuff as I normally collect all year but realised last week it was mostly chocolate! I normally rely on sending off for free lego in The Mirror but now sun running promotion instead can't send off and there is no Toyysrus or Whsmiths near here). Anyhow I am thinking pot half full - I am still further on then I would usually be, and as someone said way back kids don't remember how well cooked things are, how pressies are wrapped - so seeing as its just us for Xmas I am just going to chill - it either gets done or not!

So everyone - deep breath, breathe ..........and carry on ....:rotfl::rotfl:

Originally Posted by bargain huntsviewpost.gif
    I'd read the posts about facebook deleting accounts so I set my elf up on a page.
    When you have your facebook on screen there are lists down the left hand side Favourites, Pages, Apps, Groups, etc. If you go to Pages there is an option to Create page.
    It is pretty easy to set up (I'm not great at I.T so if I can, you can!)
    My page is 'Buddy Snowbottom' if you want to see what I did? I'm new at the elf thing and the MSE forum thing but I'll help if I can with any questions

Thank you for all your help bargain hunts - I now have a facebook page for our elf visitors which the children will see tomorrow. Managed to get 2012, 2011 and 2008 pics on - 2009 and 2010 will have to wait for another day. Thanks buddy Snowbottom for liking - it wouldn't let me comment on Buddy's page but it did let me 'like it'.

For all the other elves out there with fb pages - please like www.facebook.com/GaldorandBlinky
  • noodles86
    Options
    Well I aint loosing my christmas spirit! I'm sooo excited! :rotfl: Cant believe that two weeks today all the presents will be opened and we will be waiting for DH's family to descend on us for sausage sarnies! I have nearly wrapped all adult presents and under the tree, just the kids left to do but will do that next week.

All cards wrote (and then we realise that I keep buying cards that I love but have hardly any friends that I would sent cards to loll!) I have even bought snowman ones from m&s yesterday as they were half price and I just loved them!

I do need to be on the ball more with our elf, lack of sleep isnt helping as by 9pm I am dropping off but waiting until the 10pm feed and I keep forgetting to set something up for the next day though I cant say dd has really noticed!

So other than doing our Ocado final shop and keeping the house tidy I havnt much to do for Christmas. Though we have decided we need a bigger house so think we will be moving in January (well if the estate agent ever gets back to me:( )
    Spreading a little Christmas joy all year round :santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport