🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aww hugs OMO, your table and stuff looked great. I didnt do great either, I may have made £50 but spent close to £100 on stock and extras.

I'm having an online Christmas Market night on My fb page on Sunday at 8pm, I'm going to reduce a lot just so I can recover costs and get it sold. Maybe you could do the same?

I have been doing this for over a year, and normally just make to order, so I'm never down by much. But this year I thought it would be fun to try a fayre, never again! Too much stress and money.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • FeistyFidget
    Options
    OMO your table looks beautiful, as others have said very professional!

I am putting my foot down, no more then £20 spent on more fete materials, I too fear I will not re-coup costs :(

Am off to my cousins today to make some Christmas cards and hats with her boys - I think it will either be very fun or very stressful ;)
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • lizalloareds
    Options
    OMO your table and makes look stunning x, did u use wrappers round the socks? I have been searching for some as I am making things to take into work to sell and I am trying to keep the costs down as all the money is going to charity.
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    OMO your table and makes look stunning x, did u use wrappers round the socks? I have been searching for some as I am making things to take into work to sell and I am trying to keep the costs down as all the money is going to charity.

I cut the case out of card using a template.(I think you could use 2 plates). They are then wrapped in cello bags . The cherry is a mini lindt chocolate.
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    sorry to those whose craft fairs didn't go well - it's free listing on ebay this weekend - could be worth listing some on 7 days with 1st class postage and see if anyone buys - you've nothing to loose.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • dropsofjupiter
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    No haven't covered costs:(
    Bought stamps and cutters that weren't cheap.:(

Didn't have any banter at all. They were a miserable lot. Don't know why half of them came. Mostly sold to kids so doubt my cards will even be seen. I was between 2 tombolas, and a lot of people just walked straight past me from one to the other one.
    The PTA lady said it was amazing how people would spend £1 trying to win a £1 price, but were not willing to buy something for £1.

If you did do it again maybe it would be worth wrapping up some of your gifts and making a lucky dip!
    Hobnobs are like marines
  • andymandy
    Options
    OMO do you have anywhere that do coffee mornings near you. They will sometimes let you have a stall for free but give a donation to their cause depending on what you sell.
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! my 2nd batch of felt has arrived (from a different seller). Amazing how my postie can deliver it 1st class but couldn't deliver the exact same thing that was sent 2nd class 2 weeks ago.

Shopping delivered and put away with only 1 substitutions (my 2 xpopping candy and 1xdark choc choccy oranges for normal milk choc)
    Last of the christmas pressies are here - just waiting on the Batman game and if i see any stocking fillers.

Oh well - ebay claim filed for the 1st batch of felt. So next project - make my felt tree :j:j piccie to follow.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMO might be worth contacting the local children's centre, in case they are having or know of any children's party. Near us there is a lady who does the baby massage classes etc and she runs a series of Xmas parties for local families, but there are usually book stalls, a photographer and craft stalls too. The parents browse whist the kiddies play party games.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    don't know why I bother - EVERYTHING I do DS2 trashes it.

made the tree (which I'm not happy with but will do for this year)............ stuck it up .....................3 times so far he has pulled it off the wall (deliberatly)...........taking the paint with it. I've now run out of double sided sticky tape to put it back up and used velcro.

Ds1 (4) thought it was brill and played with it..............for a whole 2 minutes.

The baby-proof christmas tree has about 5 baubles off because DS1 just puts his hands thro the bars and takes them off.

I've had enough - he is refusing to nap the last 2 weeks and instead is mardy, wingy and (more) naughty because he's over tired.
    If I tidy up something and put it away he just goes and gets it and tips it every where again (5 times so far I have picked the sticky foam shapes up)
    If I try to tell him off (there's only so much that works on a 19m old) then he just laughs and does it again.

I'm convinced DS1 wasn't this bad at his age. Makes me not want to do anything fun with him but then DS1 misses out because we never have any time to do nice fun things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport