We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Living for the Present...after all who doesn't love a gift!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow you've done loads already! Fingers crossed for the pizza dough, I haven't tried that in our BM yet but it's on the menu for one of the weeks so we shall try it when it comes around :D

Sounds like you have a very busy, fun-packed day ahead of you :) Hope it goes better than yesterday x
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You sound like you have been very busy already. I always do my pizza dough in the BM and it always comes out well - hope yours does too :)
    Good luck with the child minding later. Mine dont go back until thursday and we are so ready for it
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    Well done at the debt free ness sweets!

Glad to see you are living the dream :) Proud of you x
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Thank you skint :happyhear....

Kerri, Slm the pizza dough was a success:j it tasted yummy scrummy! I goggled a recipe for thin pizza (as I've already moaned about in previous posts I get IBS from thick pizza dough :p) and I was fine with it :T I made enough for about 10 people though, oops. I must learn to portion things correctly if i want to stick to my budget :o good news is ds1 has 3 large pieces for lunch tomorrow now :rotfl:

Robin tenant is kind of up to date as she is always a month in arrears because of housing benefit paying a month in arrears, so technically she's all paid up if you look at it like that :T she will be late on the 25th September if she hasn't paid anymore! The military style [STRIKE]bootcamp[/STRIKE] childminding went well ;) I stuck to my timings and was in the right place at the right time, doing the right things :rotfl: it was pretty easy today as my friend come to collect at 5:15 :T although we ended up chatting until 6:30 :o:rotfl:

Tomorrow she is dropping at 8:30 so I only have them for 15 mins before leaving. She wants to drop them early next week as she has a meeting so is making up the time here to balance it all out. I wouldn't have minded having them early next week anyway, but I won't argue with her over it ;)

DS1 had a good first day back :T think the large school is a little overwhelming at the moment but thankfully he is a senior now as the school only goes up to 16 so I think this helps. DD had a fab day too she told me she loves school :smileyheaI wish they felt like this all the way through school, eh!

Spag bol for dinner tomorrow, pizza was a success especially as 2 were supposed to be fussy eaters (who doesn't love pizza when they are small eh, aside from me I never ate it :rotfl:but i'm odd) and I will stick it in the slow cooker so no cooking in the afternoon aside from spaghetti. They were also all starving when their mum came to collect them which made me look bad so i'm going to put a banana loaf in the oven tomorrow morning (or maybe tomorrow afternoon with the smaller 2 kids to help mix...) as i honestly had fed them loads and then they all went to their mum 'i'm so hungry' :eek::rotfl:blighters! Mine did it too so I wonder if it was just the first busy day back at school?!
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!! DONE!!
    EF/moving fund £2677.62/3000~ NSD 9/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £266.31/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • slm6002
    Options
    i normally make a batch of pizza dough and freeze half in clingfilm for next time - might help with budget and time :)
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    slm6002 wrote: »
    i normally make a batch of pizza dough and freeze half in clingfilm for next time - might help with budget and time :)

Oh good tip! So I just let it cool down, wrap it up and freeze it? Then the next time just de-freeze and roll out ready to cook? (sorry am not the greatest cook in the world :o) we had so much left today we ate loads over what we should have :o may have been the right amount if dh was home though. But I will do the freezer thing from now on :T
    EF/moving fund £2677.62/3000~ NSD 9/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £266.31/ £500 ~
  • slm6002
    Options
    yep thats all i do :)
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Or if you make too much cooked pizza, just freeze it in a ziplock bag and serve for lunches :D

Sounds like you've had a fab day, and much better than yesterday too hurray.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Or if you make too much cooked pizza, just freeze it in a ziplock bag and serve for lunches :D
    :o of course..........:rotfl:I wonder why my brain just doesn't work in this matter of fact, common sense kind of way :o:rotfl: It didn't even cross my mind to do that :p
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

They were also all starving when their mum came to collect them which made me look bad so i'm going to put a banana loaf in the oven tomorrow morning (or maybe tomorrow afternoon with the smaller 2 kids to help mix...) as i honestly had fed them loads and then they all went to their mum 'i'm so hungry' :eek::rotfl:blighters! Mine did it too so I wonder if it was just the first busy day back at school?!

DGD2 does this all the time too, it doesn't matter how much I've fed her, she insists that she is starving when I take her home. I think her DM thinks that I don't feed her. :) I used to think she was mixing thirst for hunger but now I just think it's habit

glad you had a good day

granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure