🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Living for the Present...after all who doesn't love a gift!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can you not have this title, as I love it, but the keeping out of debt saga?
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :j:j:j:j how I missed your diary Dfw Ia do not know! Skuttles off to read.....

Huge congrats on the debt free status! :money:

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Hi Mary :hello: Welcome and thank you :j

I've spent hours on the sofa today *lazy*! I keep getting urges to get up and clean! Is it only women who get these? The men in the house seem oblivious to it :huh::huh: DD has told me twice now that the house is messy :rotfl:and several times has picked up things and put them away. If only I'd had three girls and married a woman, I reckon my house would be sparkly clean :rotfl::kiss:

So anyway, whilst lazing and watching t.v I've been looking at flylady (again!) I'm going to join it from tomorrow as DH leaves early tomorrow morning and I can't possibly leave the house another day (am quite annoyed at myself for this lol) Also need to go shopping tomorrow as I didn't get everything yesterday only the meat and bits I couldn't get in a1di. Thinking I will be spending at least £80 tomorrow so that I can use my vouchers from the paper :rotfl: lots of stocking up to be done! I'm doing the grocery challenge without posting and i'm aiming for £450. This is for 4 weeks. 2 weeks of that will be 3 adults (ds1 inclusive in this!) and 4 small children and one bigger child. The other 2 weeks are minus DH. I'm hoping it's enough? I had lots of money left over this month from £600 :T so i'm going to try anyway. All extra money left over to go straight into savings :)
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!! DONE!!
    EF/moving fund total £1928.41 Let's get it to £2000 again! ~ NSD 2/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £0/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • icontinuetodream
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:jCongratulations on becoming DF!!!!:j:j:j:j:j
    Mortgage 12.12.12 £55842 12.12.13 £42716 14.12.14 £28837 13.12.15 £25913
    Mortgage OP £50/£600 House Fund £420/£5000
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    Oooh DFW we can be fly babies together. Ive started doing it but not posting on the thread. The house is staying tidier already :)
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Massive congrats to you dfw, well done xxxx
    Mummytogirls x

• lizalloareds
    Options
    congratulations x
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Thank you so much icontinuetodream, mummy & lizalloareds :j:j
    Kerri I am starting the fly lady today if I can find the new thread, I keep forgetting to bookmark it :o!

Firstly i'm off shopping though, need food for the week and also need to collect a missed parcel which I think is my new bread maker :j I'm going to attempt some bread in it later & some pizza dough tomorrow for the kids dinners!

I'm quite nervous as tomorrow I will have 6 kids to look after :eek: 2 four yr olds, 2 five yr olds an 8yr old and a 14 yr old (he's the worst!!!!) I also need to make sure DS1 has his bus pass on him and gets to school on time.

I've done the kids p.e kits, dusted off the book bags -they are using last years, even though i've noticed everyone on fb asking if the school is open today so they can buy new ones??? There is nothing wrong with the old ones aside from a bit of dirt which will be all over their new ones in 2 weeks :rotfl:...Their clothes are all washed, named & hung up ready to wear for the whole week :j Meal plan is written down for this week (will buy for it at a1di in a bit) and i'm kind of organised I think. Famous last words?

Today I also had grand plans on gutting the house :rotfl: I made a start last night and put away 4 washes :eek:, tidied the kids room and mine and just need to hoover upstairs and polish as well as a quick clean of the bathroom (I do this room every time i'm in there so it's not dirty thankfully :eek:) I've run out of washing powder (so therefore also run out of dishwasher powder!) so will buy some very cheap stuff somewhere as borax & soda crystals are in the post somewhere. I don't think that is the missed parcel though as they always leave those in the shed rather than taking back to the sorting office?!

I've called SC this morning and cancelled my DD with them :T and already done it with my bank :j

Tenant should be paying today, will check in on bank later to see if it materialises....! It's all to go straight to savings so at least it won't affect my budget anymore :T. I've very nearly hit my first savings mark thanks to the creditors not wanting all of that £1k ;) so will set new targets once i've reached it. I also want to start a new diary but haven't had time yet :o DH is away now for 2 weeks so I will do it one evening and put down all my plans in one place at the beginning of the diary so I don't lose them as the diary goes on (as I always do)

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and for those who have kids starting back to school this week :beer: we made it :j:j:j
    EF/moving fund total £1928.41 Let's get it to £2000 again! ~ NSD 2/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £0/ £500 ~
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Monday Mayhem ~ Krazy Kitchen s9756.gif

15 Minutes..
    Clear the floor of unnecessary gibble
    Mop/hoover the floor
    30 minutes to spare..
    Shine the sink and draining board. Make those taps shine and twinkle..
    Wipe down worktops and wipe down all small electricals.
    Rehome anything that is out of place
    Got an hour...
    Clean inside the microwave. A good tip is to heat up a cup of water in the microwave - the steam shifts all the yukky stuff on the microwave :D
    Clean the window and windowsill. Rehome anything that shouldn't be there :D
    Sort through your cookery books/magazines. Are there any that you don't need that are just taking up space? Rehome them to the local charity shop...
    15 fling boogie

Extra challenge:
    • Deweb, don't forget those corners
    • Clean light fittings/switches
    • Wipe down the doors
    • Empty those smelly bins
    • Clean that cupboard under the sink!!!
    • HHI <
      what does this mean anyone????????:o

To be continued after the big shop (if i survive can imagine how busy it's going to be :eek:)................
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    Half-hour ironing. On the thread look at the very top and it explains the acronyms.

By the way, if you want a really really good recipe for veggie lasagne...lentil lasagne I made yesterday was absolutely delicious, served 6 really good-sized one-person ready-meal size portions and I couldn't tell it was lentils as it tasted exactly how my Mum makes meaty ones (and her lasagne is amazing). Recipe is on my meal plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income