PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread for Thursday 1st March

Options

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all, Happy St Davids Day.

I have a bad dose of the fed ups. I’m grounded and feeling very sorry for myself. Remember Mr Pink’s birthday on Monday, when I was going to make him a cake and then we were going to have a nice dinner? Well it all went wrong……..

I made the cake, but the oven door handle has been a bit wonky for a while. I’ve been meaning to fix it, but I hadn’t got round to doing it.

When I went to take the cake out the handle came off in my hand. Unfortunately the handle was holding in the glass panel so that fell out on my foot. I’ve never felt pain like it…….I passed out, then came to and threw up which scared the wits out of the kids who were in the kitchen with me at the time. They didn’t know what to do, so phoned Dh who had even less idea what to do. He left work and came home in a fuss and the birthday was completely ruined. I’m so annoyed with myself, I’d put so much effort into trying to make it a special day for him and I ended up ruining it.

We had a lovely evening planned…..needless to say that didn’t happen. Dinner was cancelled, they got an Indian carryout and I went to bed early, but at least they all enjoyed the cake.

Since then I’ve been hobbling around so not a lot OS has been done.

The house is driving me nuts at the moment……..we have far too much clutter that we don’t need. On the up side, we both have leave that has to be taken before the end of March so we’re taking next week off together and hoping to take the house to pieces and put it back together again.

I hope you’re all having a good day.

Pink
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    good morning! and a Happy st Davids day to any Welsh OSers!

catznine - hope all goes ok for you today x

shirleypark- thats a beautiful photo!:T

((((hugs)))) to catowen and also to PinkWinged xxx

Happy Birthday to Master dlb!:bdaycake:

DS1 off to the dentist again soon and DH off to the Docs(finally:rolleyes: ) about his leg and his back.

I'm off to work for 11am till 10pm, am taking a service user out to tea and to visit her sister in Shrewsbury today.

Have a good day folks

Take care xxxx
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ((Pink)), poor you. At least it will be a birthday to remember in years to come! Go on, smile :D

I'm off to Solihull today, which won't be a pleasant drive in all this wind. Must crack on before I set off & get my expenses sorted out.

Chicken something for tea tonight, probably with lots as veg as I feel the need for something healthy. Probably a reaction against last night, cos I had steak & chips in the pub :rotfl:

Just a flying visit today, so hope you're all well & happy. Take care x
  • clairefun
    clairefun Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

We're supposed to be exchanging today. I know I've said that for a while now but our buyer took out a loan yesterday to cover the uncleared deposit and was paying it straight into the solicitors account, so I should know fairly soon. We drowned our sorrows last night with three bottle of wine between the two of us - if they're not drowned, they're pickled! But I am feeling delicate today, especially with a 2 year old shouting at me. SO I have no plans until I hear, and I might have a lie down while Isaac is napping. It did help though, both OH and I feel much better now - it helped to let off steam. So fingers crossed!
  • chickadee
    chickadee Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Hope your foot is soon better Pink-Winged. That must have been quite a shock! Also (((Catowen))) open the letter when you feel ready to. Be kind to yourself today.

(((hugs))) to anyone else feeling down or unwell today.

Wild and windy here today. I think the recycing bins will be all over the place in a bit. I have an unexpected day working from home today as DS is poorly. He has asthma and when he gets a cold or a sniffle it goes straight to his chest. He had a terrible night last night so I have kept him off school today. He is snuggled up on the settee watching TV at the moment. We are waiting for the letter telling us what school DS will be going to. Hopefully we will get our choice. Our garden backs on to the school field so there will be h*ll to play if we are refused!

***Rant Alert****

OH is due home later today. He usually comes home on Fridays but it is his son's birthday today so he is coming home a day early to go bowling with him. Do you think I'm being sensitive here/ My OH split with his ex 5 years ago. She has been nothing but awkward and downright manipulative, eg stopping OH from picking son up on Fridays, making excuses, then saying in her CSA claim that he had him less than 52 nights a year on average so her payments went up! :mad: Now she has her money she wants him picked up Friday nights again! Recently she stopped OH from picking him up at her house, saying he had to be collected from her dad's instead. His son doesn't like his grandad and gets stressed by all of the to-ing and fro-ing, meaning he is usually upset when he comes here. It takes him an hour or two to settle down. She was awkward over Christmas about time he could be with his dad, then last week his son phoned OH to ask if he would come bowling with him and mummy. Now tell me please, what father would say no to this, but I know she will be all sugary and expect OH to pay for the birthday treat for them all. She makes me so angry.

The thing is, me and my XOH split up under far worse circumstances, yet now we are friends. We can meet without a problem, he comes here to pick DS up, I go there. We will have a cup of tea and a chat, I even went to his wedding! It takes so much energy to stay angry at someone. It would be better for us all if she would direct her energy in a positive way.

*** Rant over ***

Deep breaths now, in-2-3, out-2-3. I feel better now.

Have a good day everyone.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #8 £341.90
    Sealed Pot Challenge #9 £162.98
    Sealed Pot Challenge #10 £33.10
    Sealed Pot Challenge #11 Member #36
  • groatie_queen
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone else have an absentmindedness challenge?! I've just got back from a 40-mile round trip to retrieve a coat I left at a work venue yesterday.... it usually happens when I'm responsible for other people and I'm focusing so intently on making sure they are ok that remembering details like coats passes me by! And it was relatively mild yesterday, so with the sun shining I didn't miss it - and by the time I did, the office was shut!

Anyway, it means I'm wide awake, relievd to have got the coat back, more than ready for the day, and feeling ready to Fly! And so that's today's programme.

Hugs to Catowen, ShirleyPark, what a fab photo. Hugs to anyone else that needs it today - have a good day everyone

Just read other posts which came in whilst I was typing this - commiserations Pink, what a ghastly experience, I hope your foot gets better soon. You'll just need to have a Mark 2 birthday celebration when you're both off next week.

chickadee, the only consolation is that your oh is with you now, and all the ex's bad behaviour is not easy when there's a little one involved. It's good that you and oh at least have his interests to the fore, and he'll come to realise he is secure with you - so important to a child.
    GQ
    If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.

-- Brendan Francis

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j :j :j :T :T My clever daughter did it - she's got the grammar school place :j :j :T
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • chickadee
    chickadee Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    Options
    Yay! Postman has just been. DS has a place at his first-choice school! :j :j
    Sealed Pot Challenge #8 £341.90
    Sealed Pot Challenge #9 £162.98
    Sealed Pot Challenge #10 £33.10
    Sealed Pot Challenge #11 Member #36
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2009 at 1:52AM
    Options
    (((((HUGE HUGS))))) to Catowen and Pink

I've got the blues too. Felt really rotten yesterday but had a million things to do so struggled on. So... thoroughly fed up and not feeling motivated at all which means the house is a tip which makes me feel even worse.:rolleyes: Have a hospital appt this afternoon and expect I'll be told I need another op. OH is grumpy too cos he can see I'm feeling bad about money and feels responsible and he also hates it when I get ill I think cos he feels powerless. We are due a big row this evening methinks.

Sorry for the moan and I know there are worse off but this just isn't really like me to feel so very down.

Hope the rest of you have a great day and fingers crossed for those awaiting results.

Haribo x

edited to say Well done Miss Pooky and Master Chikadee
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :hello:

((((catowen)))) ((((Pink-winged)))) ((((Haribo Junkie))))

clairefun hope it all goes through today as planned. I'm sooooo glad my days of moving house are over for the foreseeable future!

catznine, if people want to ignore you that's THEIR problem not yours. I don't know what you looked like before (!) but you're gorgeous now, and if folks are so shallow they can't accept a superficial change in a person, they're not really worth bothering with IMHO.

CONGRATULATIONS to Miss Pooky and Master chickadee and good luck to all other 11+ hopefuls :)

Well I got that review finished last night with the aid of the remains of a bottle of gin which somehow has lasted in my fridge since the New Year :eek: - anyway it got the artistic juices flowing! :D

I scored another victory as well. Ever since I had my phone connected, I've been getting calls from Skycard on almost a daily basis for somebody that isn't me (I assume this person owes them money) - I'm never in when they call, and I'm fed up of the messages being left on 1571. I've phoned them a few times but they haven't been able to trace the account. Finally last night I called them - they'd left another message - and they found the account in question and (hopefully) removed my phone number from it :j

And I've just found out that I don't have to go all the way across town for a meeting this afternoon :T I'm glad not to have to get back from North to South London in the rush hour...

Hope most of you are well and happy!

Love Rzl xx :wave:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business