PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread for Thursday 1st March

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 28 Feb 2007 This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Pinch punch 1st of the month and no return :p

Morning everyone, can't believe I am first.

Baby woke up early so have unloaded dishwasher and make packed lunches for kids.

Got to set out at Mums and Toddlers today so I'll not be coming back to the house after the morning school run.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll try and catch up later.

Sahmx5

Comments

• dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Morning sahmx5 and all who follow or cross post!!

Well no one up yet just me, so having a quite 5 on here, dh will be down in a min as has to leave at 7 for w**k.
    All boys back at school today and have loads of washing after unpacking ds1 suitcase, so thats todays job.
    Also am starting peeps at dd nursery again today, a course that helps kids communicate better with adults.Its good fun and get to meet new parents that i wouldnt normaly speak too in playground.
    Catch you all later and let you know how ds gets on will school placement!!!!!
    Donna
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all:j

Hope everyone is well today:T

Plans today:

Sort through drawers/cupboards
    clean kitchen/bathroom
    bread on

Cant believe it is march already! doesnt feel like it, some spring cleaning is in order i think, all our doors need to be repainted as lo has a habit of throwing his toys at them :eek:

Hugs
    Kyle
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Options
    Im not with it yet, but just wanted to say Good Luck kids who have their 11+ results today. I remember the waiting last year for dd:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hugs

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • bellsbells
    bellsbells Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    morning all,

Have got the DW running and the washing on. I have defrosted some soup for lunch and made packed lunch for DS. For once I am feeling on top of things, although I am not sure how long that feeling will last for! This is the first time I have been able to post for a few days due to being too busy - it is nice to have a break for five mins and just catch up!

Have a good day everyone

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

• twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

i am not looking forward to going for the papers today its very wet and windy outside, i will have to go to asda for cat food then i have a bp check at drs later in the afternoon, as penny-pincher says good luck to all waiting for results be it 11 plus or which secondary school they get

hugs to all xx
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Didnt sleep well again last night, seem to be seeing every hour, so im surprised im not feeling worse than i do at the moment, hopefully it wonjt hit me until a lot later - have 4 children here today, so need my wits around me!!!

Saw my friend for the last time before she leaves last night, strange night, as if nothing was any different. Didnt know what to say as we left, so didnt say anything, think we both had a few tears tho. She gave me a card, and said not to open it in front of her (i had done the same last week) but so far its still sat there unopened - not ready to read it yet.

Anyway - plans for today is take one LO to nurserty, then go to Morrisons to see if they have any red apples, and im still deciding whether to see if i can get tickets for DS and me to see Plymouth play in the FAcup quater final - now his team (Arsenal) are out it might cheer him up, but it will be £28 for us both to go, and i cant really afford it, but hey, my plastic friend can help there!!!

Right, going to have a browse and another cuppa before LOs start arriving.

Hope everyone has a lovely day - and all the children waiting to hear re their schools next year get into the ones they are wanting, and any 11+ results (my fingers will be crossed for you all!!!!)
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • ageandjo
    ageandjo Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Not posted for a few days.........anyone miss me:confused::D;)
    I have a busy busy busy few days, I have to take the carpet up from 2 bedrooms and paint the big bedroom all before tomorrow:eek: :eek: new carpet coming and they say they want the old carpet up:confused:
    Not been shopping for nearly 2 weeks now:T It was OH's birthday so we have been out to dinner a few times.
    OH is still down on his luck.......he got £300 for his birthday from everyone and on the same day he received it the alternator went on his van costing £298.67 so he was a little upset that he never has a penny.
    Have a good day all.......

Anyone fancy grabbing a paint brush:confused: ...............:D
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all and Happy St Davids day to you all - especially those of you with Welsh links. Hmm, another excuse for Welsh cakes me thinks ;)

I'm so tired I'm not sure whether I caught up with yesterdays thread... pretty sure I didn't I'm afraid so sorry if I've missed anything important.

((((Hugs))))) to Catowen. A nice glass of wine when you open that card this evening is in order I believe. Thinking of you xxx

The house is in dire need of a Fly session today. Last week was half term so it didn't get as thorough a tidy/clean on the Thurs and Friday as it normally gets so it's CHAOS here now. I need to get it sorted by the afternoon as I have another treatment to do. That's one of the great bonuses of doing these treatments from home - I have a reason that motivates me to tidy at last! I tried having a husband once, but it wasn't very effective :rotfl: :rotfl:

I must crack on with the house as I really want to get started with my seeds ready for the garden. I also need to get back to menu planning - especially to clear through the freezer as I know I've stuff in there that needs using, and it's due a defrost. Add that to all the homework I need to do, and that I still haven't sorted things to go onto my DMP and it's no wonder that I feel 'naughtie' for posting on here!!!

Sorry to waffle so much... lol, if anyone is still reading :o

Hope you all have a great day today,
    Kaz x
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning everyone! Off w*** today, but after a day ill in bed on Monday and 2 days at w*** it looks like nothing has been done in the house for weeks. So will be whizzing roung and tidying - can do a 27 fling boogie just with the children's stuff they've left lying about!

Have the plasterer and his mate in today - so lots of tea making there, I think.

Hugs for Catowen.

Happy St David's to you, Kaz.

Have a great day, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone
    I hope all the children get the schools they are hoping for
    feel a bit rough think I've got that nasty cold everyone else has had and I've managed to avoid so far it may be just a chill though where I kept getting wet yesterday why does it always rain between 8 and 9 in the morning and again between 2.30 and 4 for the school runs and is nice inbetween
    the kids went to the opticians last night ds1 has to have new glasses last time we get them free
    ds2 is shortsighted but they are going to wait another year before they decide for certain
    dd7 has got to have glasses for reading it took half an hour for her to choose so on saturday we have to pick up a pair of spongebob glasess in a sort of burgundy pink colour have to admit she did look cute in them
    and dh has to have 3 new pairs at a cost of £264.00 thank good for me budgeting for things like that
    got to do the packed lunches and get the kids sorted and I will worry about the other jobs later
    (((((((((hugs)))))))))) to everyone espcially catowen you will soon be able to see your friend
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business