PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread for Thursday 1st March

Options

Comments

• charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all, beautiful day here in Sunny Stoke-on-Trent, not a cloud in the sky :) As per my Enough is Enough thread yesterday, I am starting my great 2007 de-clutter, so if you don't see me on here for a few days, send out a search party :D

Hope everyone has a good day, and hugs in advance to those who don't
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    good luck with your school stuff today folks.
    we dont have any real choice with schools here. fortunately our schools, both primary and secondary, have been ok. we still more or less have the catchment system. some people do opt to use other schools but it tends to be because of childcare after school (schools next to granny etc) certainly isnt any stress or headlines in the paper about it.

today waiting in for a jacket for Ms dogrose to be delivered. had to pay the extra fast delivery as she is desperate for a warm coat. was only £3 extra but the jacket was half price so didnt work out too bad. hope she likes it. Sure she will....it has a label ;) one of "the" labels!!!
    have a few other things to do but will need to see when courier gets here...
    x x x
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning!

Catowen - have been thinking of you don't forget a supply of chocolate with the wine tonight! My dd uses facebook (I think it's called) to stay in touch with her friends, you can put photos on it and people have to have your permission to view it, it might be a cheaper way to stay in touch. ((((Hugs))))

Kaz - Happy St Davids day! Guess what? I'm eating welshcakes again! (no wonder I'm putting on weight!:rotfl: )

AgeandJo - Hello! Sorry I'm hopeless with a paintbrush, oh has banned me from decorating!:rolleyes:

My stomach is churning this morning, It is my first day back at the gym and as I said last night I am finding it very hard. There are people there that I worked with before I was ill and now I have put a bit of weight on and sometimes need a stick:o I noticed at the EPP course I was on that was held in the gym there recently that some folk I knew didn't talk to me :confused: The guys I worked with are ok it is the customers that I knew that are doing this! Oh well!

I am expecting a couple of meat orders to turn up this morning, then I can do a bit of meal planning.

Have a good day!

Catz x
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • ShirleyPark_2
    Options
    Good morning all

Back to work for me today which is a relief after 3 days of catching the early morning train to London.

Hope everyone is well, haven't really had much time to keep up with the daily thread for the past few days, so apologies if I've missed anything, congrats where congrats are due.

I managed to get a few pictures of my sister and the new baby when I went to visit her, though they aren't as good as I was hoping for. My neice has really taken to being a big sister, which is a good thing cos at Christmas she stood on her doll and said it was ok cos it didn't cry !!

PICT0006.jpg

Meal planning and grocery shopping when I get home tonight, plus catching up on the housework, my study is a right mess !!

Have a good day everyone and hugs to everyone
    Debts: Mum £3923 0% APR
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

Happy St David's Day to everyone who's Welsh (or half Welsh like me!!)

Firstly ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What a morning. I didn't leave work till late as everything came through last minute, now I'm trying to edit everything from last night. And I'm going mad. I've 1001 things to do and don't know where to start.

Ok rant over

Now, kick boxing....Brilliant. Loved every second. I can't wait till Monday when I go again. I pictured faces on the pads, and boy did that help my punch:D I felt really pumped up at the end of it. And I'm really surprised that I'm not as unfit as I thought I was. I didn't get out of breath once. Really recommend it to anyone who's thinking of taking up a fitness class.

Back on the breakfast shift at work - boo! Off to visit Mr T's this afternoon. Haven't done a big shop in two weeks and the freezer's a bit bare now

Oh must fill in my mileage and over time forms today!!

Hugs all round to anyone who needs them
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • spiddy100
    spiddy100 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

((hug)) to anyone who needs one. ShirleyPark, gorgeous photo :)

Day 2 of potty training for DS1, he is sitting on the sofa with no nappy on :eek: Have the DW repair man coming this afternoon. So we're stuck in again I should think, maybe risk getting DS1 into some pants and going for a walk..........

Have a good day everyone.
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all Happy St Davids Day to all welsh and part welsh OSers will pop round to my mums with some Daffodils later as she is welsh so it is a bit of a tradition wish i could maxe welsh cakes but have never tried as i used to get them sent from my auntie in Cwmbran and they were heaven in a box:D
    Catowen pour yourself a nice glass of wine and a box of chocs when you read your letter from your friend you will see her soon i am sure take care hun and big hugs
    To all those awaiting 11+ and school placements good luck we are waiting for the post to see if DD2 will be going to the same seniors as the other 2
    DD2 has gone to school this morning hopefully her friend who got hit by a car will be in today thank god it was not serious but they were still parking on the pavement when i collected her last night forcing the kids to walk in the road:eek: i am tempted to have a go but last time when one of them swung there door open onto the pavement and nearly hit DD2 and a couple of her friends i was told by the driver she could park where she f*****G well liked:eek:
    well after yesterdays bad news hopefully today will be a good one as i had a long chat with another friend who is pregnant for the 5th time no4 is 2 so she will have her hands full but they are all very happy
    hugs to all who need them
  • madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    Morning! :wave: Happy St. Davids day!

Beautiful day here, no real dramas which makes a nice change. :T

I'm not getting far with the menu planning - I never know when my eldest two teens will be home, DD1 and DS put their social lives first and they also work weekends. DD2 is a little easier but seems to be following the others when it comes to her social life, generally disappearing around meal times! :rolleyes: I might have to plan lots of casseroles and things like that which can be reheated without spoiling.

I'm sort of on strike at the moment anyway (because of the above problem), I'm not buying more rubbish ready meals and I'm only really cooking for DH and myself ;) Last night DD2 cooked herself baked potatoes with tuna, sweetcorn, mayo and cheese. DS was moaning there was nothing to eat then rustled up pasta with mediterranian veg (frozen) and tomato sauce, again topped with cheese! He made too much and actually SHARED it with DD1!!!!! :eek:

Best of luck with the schools places today, we were lucky, my kids started at their secondary school just as it started to improve, at that time many parents launched appeals to get their kids into the popular school. My kids school is now fully subscribed (DD2 is in year 10 now) and moved to a brand new building last summer, while the school everyone wanted 7 years ago has really gone downhill.

catznine good luck with your first day back. Don't know what illness you had but if people ignore you they're shallow and not worth wasting time on!

Ageandjo, I'll be grabbing a paintbrush myself this weekend, we've been decorating since last summer when the housing association rewired our house. They made a terrible mess, holes in all the ceilings and wallpaper ripped off everywhere. Our current project is the living room, with luck we'll get this finished this week then we can move on to DS's bedroom.

Shirley, beautiful photo and lovely family!!!! Do you do alot of photography?

Better get on, if I get my boring jobs done I might be able to catch some "me" time (a more enjoyable type of painting!)

Ruth
  • Little_miss_neat
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Happy St David's Day to all the Welsh OSers!!
    Good luck to all those waiting for school results!! We have a while to go before we get to that stage but am already worrying about it as secondary schools are so bad in this area! Have got everything crossed for you all.

It is a gorgeous sunny day here so WM is on and hoping to get it out on the line. About to take DD to school then have to drop DS at MILs as I have a dentist appointment - arghhhh!! Have a few errands to run in town, too - and will be nice to take my time without a toddler moaning at being in the shops!

Breakfast was muesli, lunch will be nothing:o as my mouth will be numb from dentist ( helps the diet tho!).
    Dinner is homemade cheese and onion quiche and veggies.

((((CATOWEN)))) thinking of you. Wine and chocolates are called for.

Have a good day everyone.

LMN xx
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

Very windy & wet here.

DS is 11 today! Thanks dlb for the card for him!
    He's done very well, despite not having much money to spend on him. So last night I made him a home made gift voucher to spend on ebay! He was well pleased with that! We're taking him and a few friends to pizza hut later for a birthday treat! And luckily my friends OH is the manager there, so he's arranging the tables for him, and hopefully give us a bit of discount! (I can but hope)

Still unsure what to do or how far to take the issue with DS & school, and him getting smacked the other day!

(((hugs))) to catowen

Must get showered in a bit then work this morning. OH just taking the kids to school for me! Roll on the weekend,

Hve a great day all
    Take care
    Love Emma xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure