We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anybody else's Dida data SIM stopped working

Options

Comments

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Ive been refused a refund pending a refund from didamobile to the seller.

Can't remember last time i had a claim open - will i eventually see an option to let ebay decide?
  • GoGas
    GoGas Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    techspec

I will wait and see what happens and if refund appears having been offered one too. I have a few days to meet the 45 day PayPal deadline but fear that is the route I will have to go.

I have just noticed the envelope that the SIM card came in had a return address printed on it for Dida which is "odd" and wonder what is going on.
  • GoGas
    GoGas Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    I have received a refund note from PayPal so thanks for prompt service from littlecube2010 for resolving the issue. I am still unclear how this has all happened and what exactly has gone on.
  • alandenman
    alandenman Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    I would really investigate the connection between Dida and the ebay seller.

The distinct lack of other sellers tells us that it is very close.
  • Page1up
    Options
    I had purchased 2 of these 18gb sims & 1 9gb sim, for me and friends, all the cards had stopped working on the 14th of April. Tried contacting little cube via email, no reply, calls not answering. Tried to get a refund via PayPal. This is paypal's reply,

Disputed Amount:
    £52.47 GBP
    Not as described:
    250959649046 - NEW THREE 3G Mobile Broadband SIM Card with 3GB X 3 = 9GB Data in 3 months
    250963293608 - NEW THREE 3G 3 Mobile Broadband SIM Card with 3GB X 6 = 18GB Data in 6 months
    Buyer reason(s):
    Faulty Goods

Status
    We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

I have lost £52 for nothing, so much for eBay buyer protection, I can't understand why little cube is allowed to get away with this.
  • alandenman
    Options
    So after nearly two weeks and a request to Freedom talk for a replacement Sim that works.

"We are working to get this resolved, we appreciate your patience while we are working on this issue."

So 'Up the garden path' as they say
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Page1up wrote: »
    I had purchased 2 of these 18gb sims & 1 9gb sim, for me and friends, all the cards had stopped working on the 14th of April. Tried contacting little cube via email, no reply, calls not answering. Tried to get a refund via PayPal. This is paypal's reply,

Status
    We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

I have lost £52 for nothing, so much for eBay buyer protection, I can't understand why little cube is allowed to get away with this.

I was worried this might not be clear cut with paypal, so refrained from escalating the claim.

Thankfully, the seller as now offered a FULL refund upon the safe return of the sim.

That means i am only out the return postage, and i got a months internet free.

As for paypal - if something that was supposed to work six months, lasts just a month - surely its not as described?
  • alandenman
    Options
    It's the 45 day rule. After that Paypal say it is 100% between you and the seller.
    The seller knows this too so coughs up the money for those under 45 days.
  • alandenman
    Options
    BTW I would argue that 'not as described'.

I agree with that argument that the Sims are simply not what they were sold as, with the web site actually being a fraud.
    Methinks the Sims run out exactky as they are programmed to.
  • My SIM went out last week....Called Dida yesterday to find out the issue was down to the SIMs not registering on the Networks.... Although some still appear to be working when I asked for one which was working (logical thing to do) i was told that the current batches in stock seem to be the effected batch so they were not able to confirm if it would work or not so advised that the seller will be offering refunds on unused data.

Looks like im off to Amazon then...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family