We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anybody else's Dida data SIM stopped working

Options

Comments

• boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The people who bought freedomtalk sims have the same problem, stopped working so maybe 3 have pulled the plug on access...
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Ive had to open a SNAD. as my time was up.

Been offered another operators SIM - but no good to me as no reception.

Asked for partial refund.

You would think that Dida would pay for access before selling them. Maybe not paid latest bill.

Thought they were too good to be true - they were :o
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    Still doesn't explain why mine is working
  • GoGas
    GoGas Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Dida have replied to everybody:
    "Unfortunately we can not resolve the problem fast enough, therefore we strongly recommend to talk to the re-seller who you bought it from asking for the refund (unused data only).
    They do expect some refund requests form the customers, so we believe you should not have any issues with it."

when asked what "the problem" is they have said:
    Since the problem is being investigated now, unfortunately we have no further details regarding this issue.

Perhaps the comment is correct that 3 have pulled the plug due to some contractual or financial issue. If this is case OFCOM should be interested. OFCOM have replied as below. It is not clear that Dida is member of an ADR as it seems likely they should be.

"Although Ofcom cannot become involved in individual complaints, we are interested to read about the experiences consumers have with their providers. We register consumer concerns so we can identify whether there is a particular issue in the market or a problem with a provider that may need addressing.

If you have already contacted DiDaMobile but been unable to make progress, you should explain that you wish to continue pursuing your concerns with them until a satisfactory resolution is reached.

Where a complaint cannot be resolved a provider is required to belong to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme that residential and small business (up to 10 employees) consumers can submit unresolved complaints to. The two ADR schemes are the Ombudsman Services: Communications:
    https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html and the Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS): https://www.cisas.org.uk. Looking at websites, I cannot see that DiDaMobile has joined such a scheme yet. Ofcom will look into whether they should have ADR membership and if they do we will take this up with them.

As regards to your individual complaint, if you cannot resolve it with DiDaMobile, you may wish to contact the Citizens Advice helpline on: 0845 404 0506 who supply advice on a range of consumer issues. They also have a website at: www.adviceguide.org.uk."
  • reclusive46
    Options
    GoGas wrote: »
    Dida have replied to everybody:
    "Unfortunately we can not resolve the problem fast enough, therefore we strongly recommend to talk to the re-seller who you bought it from asking for the refund (unused data only).
    They do expect some refund requests form the customers, so we believe you should not have any issues with it."

when asked what "the problem" is they have said:
    Since the problem is being investigated now, unfortunately we have no further details regarding this issue.

Perhaps the comment is correct that 3 have pulled the plug due to some contractual or financial issue. If this is case OFCOM should be interested. OFCOM have replied as below. It is not clear that Dida is member of an ADR as it seems likely they should be.

"Although Ofcom cannot become involved in individual complaints, we are interested to read about the experiences consumers have with their providers. We register consumer concerns so we can identify whether there is a particular issue in the market or a problem with a provider that may need addressing.

If you have already contacted DiDaMobile but been unable to make progress, you should explain that you wish to continue pursuing your concerns with them until a satisfactory resolution is reached.

Where a complaint cannot be resolved a provider is required to belong to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme that residential and small business (up to 10 employees) consumers can submit unresolved complaints to. The two ADR schemes are the Ombudsman Services: Communications:
    https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html and the Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS): https://www.cisas.org.uk. Looking at websites, I cannot see that DiDaMobile has joined such a scheme yet. Ofcom will look into whether they should have ADR membership and if they do we will take this up with them.

As regards to your individual complaint, if you cannot resolve it with DiDaMobile, you may wish to contact the Citizens Advice helpline on: 0845 404 0506 who supply advice on a range of consumer issues. They also have a website at: www.adviceguide.org.uk."

Seems weird, how some are working still though
  • GoGas
    Options
    The link to similar Freedom talks issues is http://goo.gl/o5Cfk
  • m4rtinjones
    Options
    Littlecube2010 has just sent me a message on eBay offering two options:

1) Refund of the unused data
    2) T-mobile sim card with 12 months unlimited internet and emails

I'm going for a refund as I've already bought a Three Preloaded sim from Amazon.
  • GoGas
    Options
    Same offer so going for refund and the T-mobile offer looked a bit too good.
  • reclusive46
    Options
    You would have thought these networks would be saying something.
  • FairyCakes
    Options
    All the three 3g data sims from the virtual networks/ resellers have been pulled or have substantial (i.e £100+) price increase on ebay, its not just didamobile.

It may be just a glitch, hopefully!

The £100 price increases are when the seller doesn't have the item in stock. It means that they can carry on with the listings (evidently something to do with the rankings) yet the price will put people off trying to buy.

At least Dida are replying to people which is more than can be said for Freedom Talk. I haven't had a reply to the phone calls despite them promising they'd get back to me nor to the email I sent. A simple message on their website would be a good start.

The ebay seller has offered a refund, less the cost of data/time used.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport