PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

one for the ladies

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    having read comments on this thread where people with heavy flows are saying they have to use pads as well as mooncup
    i am wondering if the difference between the latex keeper and the silicone mooncup is why i have NEVER had to use any extra protection

i have a very heavy flow (according to hospital ) and my keeper has never leaked at all -- even on nights one and two when getting out of bed means that horrible gushing/flood sensation

sorry of thats tmi at tea time lol

According to the measurement on the side of my mooncup it's a 15ml cup. At the start of my period I will "fill" that every hour (sorry for TMI :o ). I am not sure whether it would leak regardless of what it's made of - I mean eventually the fluid has to go somewhere.........
    I've not heard of a keeper - is this something you can only buy online??
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • orchid-96
    orchid-96 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a mooncup a while ago and tried it, however, I found that it hurt when I took it out (sorry for tmi) having noticed this thread again I am thinking of trying again and was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like that and when they persevered with it, found it easier iyswim...
    Jun GC £250.00/£12.40 NSD 3 / 30

January 200/198.91 February 200/239.28 March 200/230
    April 250/no idea May 250/265.95

Sealed pot challenge number 648
  • HelenKA_2
    HelenKA_2 Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    I found that squashing the cup a bit and sliding it out back end first helped.

That is not clear is it?

What I mean is I don't yank it down to pull it out in a oner.

Anyway, the other point I want to make is that I don't bother with all the sterilising thing. During the day I just wipe around with toilet paper and once a day in the shower I give it a really good scrub with an old toothbrush - kept especially - and soap. Inbetween it just sits in an open toilet bag on the shelf.

I have cut the stem right off since that felt most comfortable for me.
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    Reading this thread has made me realise how lucky I was to have had to have a hysterectomy at 27.I must have saved a fortune not needing to buy sanitary protection for the other 27 years.
  • laineyc_2
    Options
    I bought my mooncup today. I am a bit nervous because my periods can be quite heavy but all the positive reviews here have reassured me.
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • KittyBoo_2
    Options
    I've had mine for quite a while now and can't get used to it.
    I have trid everything to get it in a comfortable position and have cut all the end off cos I could still feel it.
    I have also had trouble removing it as it seems to "hold on" with the suction.
    I would love for it to be a success and I battle with it every month but the time has come I think, to just face it and admit it doesn't suit me.
    I never had much luck with tampons either.
    NSK Zombie # SFD 7/15 Food Bank £0/£5
    Food
    £73.57/£122 (incl. pet food)
    Petrol £20/£40
    Exercise 2/15 Outings 1/2
    Debt :eek: £18,917
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income