The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Phew :) I don't think I even possess THAT tone :D
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • InsertWittyName
    Options
    Thanks insertwittyname but I should explain- this is a new start grad salary for first ever year of FTE - it wasn't related to our performance or number of years employed, as it wasn't applicable. It's the same job, same title, same experience, except I've now worked for 1yr, and new starts still earn more.

Ahh, that's different :)

Luckily I've had this happen too with a graduate of mine - I would definitely raise this with your line manager and explain that the 'base salary' for a new grad is higher than what you're currently on.

The graduate in question wasn't aware of this, but as soon as I found out that the base rate had been increased (as his line manager) I got his salary increased to the new rate (via HR/my line manager) and told him about it as he wasn't aware.

Very happy he was too :)
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • vw_campervan_mum
    Options
    Well done Spag Bol for offering to help keep us in line next year :D
    I am not bothered about my number so happy to do whatever is easiest.

Are most people starting again with their declared debt as new for this challenge or continuing from 2012? ie. I am now 84% paid off but am thinking I may start with present total debt. Then when that is paid off I want to start a savings pot for big expenses which may come sooner than later eg new car, summer holiday to celebrate my 50th.

An Early Merry Xmas to everyone and Good Luck for our New Year challenge :T
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Spag Bol for offering to help keep us in line next year :D
    I am not bothered about my number so happy to do whatever is easiest.

Are most people starting again with their declared debt as new for this challenge or continuing from 2012? ie. I am now 84% paid off but am thinking I may start with present total debt. Then when that is paid off I want to start a savings pot for big expenses which may come sooner than later eg new car, summer holiday to celebrate my 50th.

An Early Merry Xmas to everyone and Good Luck for our New Year challenge :T

I am starting again so that 1% is £440 rather than £580, it seemed to take forever to reach an extra percent! However if I was at 84% like you I might just keep going, you'll be at 90% soon! Which way do you think will motivate you more?
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Malmol09
    Options
    Well done everyone on getting to this point. I haven't been around for a while, but the debt busting has continued....

So my current debt total is now....

£13955.60

#063 £3674.42 / £17630.02 - 20.84% debt gone

I am over the moon to have got rid of a 5th of my debt in a year....I'm hoping to keep on working hard at reducing the debt and maybe by Christmas 2013 I will be under the £10,000 mark.... good luck everyone...keep up the debt busting in 2013
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just been to see Skyfall and my oh my was it worth the wait!!! Lots of suspense :D oh and bogof :D we got sweets from the shop so didn't pay stupid prices :D

I'm starting from 0 again for the new thread, getting excited and can't wait to get a move on with it
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Canucksfan
    Options
    Hi All, Yes I loved 'Skyfall' too - best Bond movie ever. I went with a couple of girlfriends in the first week and we were sat in the nosebleed section...we were practically sat on top of the Cinema screen. It just made Daniel look even more divine being able to see the pores on his skin - ha ha.
    So the time has come...tomorrow I have to be at the hospital for 6am and they are going to open my sunshine roof and lift this lil baby out. I have been tres nervous as it will be my first c. section, but in my heart of hearts, I know that this is the right way to go for the baby and for me. It has been a stressful few weeks as I don't have any money after a work-related accident, but the rest in the final weeks of pregnancy has never happened before for me - have always worked like a dog - and the enforced relaxation was a good bonding time for little bubba and I. The other children are bouncing around, delighted at having another sibling. They know that Santa won't be bringing them too many goodies this year and have been v good about it.
    So glad that this thread is going to continue next year - good on yer, Spagbol!
    I probably will not be able to post tomorrow, but can I ask for your good thoughts and prayers to be headed in my direction...I'm gonna be shaking like a leaf as I climb onto the OR table! Night night x
    'You've got to tell your money what to do or it will leave!' Dave Ramsey
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck Canucksfan, I'll be thinking of you. You are going to have such a fabulous Christmas with the best present of all! :j:j

Can't wait to see pictures!
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • mumsiemum
    Options
    Canucksfan wrote: »
    So the time has come...tomorrow I have to be at the hospital for 6am and they are going to open my sunshine roof and lift this lil baby out.

I probably will not be able to post tomorrow, but can I ask for your good thoughts and prayers to be headed in my direction...I'm gonna be shaking like a leaf as I climb onto the OR table! Night night x

Will be thinking of you and sending huggs. What an exciting time - a new little life!!!

All the best

MM x
    February 2021 GC £301.45 / £300.00
    March 2021 GC £266.41 / £280.00
    April 2021 GC £53.19 / £300.00
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 December 2012 at 9:52AM
    Options
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee canucksfan :j :j so very excited for you! my sister in law and 19 yr old niece have both had 2 c sections, dont ye worry, those docs are the best people to look after you and bubba :)

oohh and will you be calling him/her 'debt free' in honour of our thread? maybe a middle name? :D:D

Ohh and your children re getting the very best present from santa . . Their new sibling :D (though obv not delivered in his sack, I mean could you imagine the poor mite being battered around by all those presents? or the 'big man' pullin gthe sleigh over for a dirty nappy? :eek:)
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure