The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• Bonglecat
    Bonglecat Posts: 220 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 20 June 2012 at 11:11AM
    Options
    It's pay day again. Yippee!!!:j

That means another set of payments. :beer: There is only one payment for the personal loan now, and another £300 off the M&S Visa Card. Also given the large payments for the new joint loan with DH (which I don't count as mine) that's really gone down and it's only been 2 months.:T

We had trouble with lots of expenditure last month due to dental bills, medical bills and DHs credit cards adding extra interest on before we could cancel them which really gave us a battering. So much so that we ended up with an overdraft again, damn it :mad:

Savings are up to £710 but most of that will go this week when we pay the decorators. So I'm a little nervous about having no safety net for a while.

Anyway this week's challenge, in no particular order:
    1. Go out to dinner once a month;
    2. Have a safety net of savings ideally 3 months salary;
    3. Go on holiday without worrying where to get the money from;
    4. Maybe even have 2 holidays a year;
    5. Redecorate the house and be able to keep on top of maintenance;
    6. Buy a new sofa, and get one that's actually comfortable this time;
    7. Save up to buy a (nearly) new car without debt;
    8. Have surprise weekends away;
    9. Go back to the Spa for a weekend (haven't been for over a year);
    10. Stop worrying all the time.
    My Debt Free Diary LBM March 2010
    M&S Credit Card £0
    £2 Coin pot Holiday Savings £76
    [STRIKE]Debt Free by Christmas 2016 No 131 £9155.73/£9155.73 100%[/STRIKE] COMPLETELY DEBT FREE 20th DECEMBER 2016 :j
    Goals for 2017 Emergency Saving fund £2000.12p/£5000 :o
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 20 June 2012 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Hmmm...10 things to do once I'm DF, still thinking but this is the start of my list, in no particular order:

1) Go out for a meal, pay on CC then pay it straight off just because I can ;) (I always have this intention but it never lasts, it will this time!)

2) Frame the CC statement that says I owe nothing to remind me how good it feels to be debt free

3) Save, save, save so I never need get into debt again :o

4) Finally do the home improvements we can't afford to do so we love our house again (DH has fallen out with it big style but can't afford/not sure we really want to move)

5) Throw a big party for our 40th's next year but MSE style :D

6) ....:think: *goes off to think about it some more*
  • ashleighsalem
    Options
    SpagBol wrote: »
    Oh wow you lucky thing!! I love it in N Devon (and South! And Mid! I'm not fussy it's all beautiful :D) and would move like a shot but for work. Is it as great living there as it is holidaying there? :)

Overall yes, minuses are : high house prices but low wages, water bills are horrific, too many grokels in the summer:p job opportunities are not great - most people move away to get work experence and move back as soon as they can.
    Pluses : life here is very laid back (a lot of incomers find it annoying), relatively low crime, good schools, beautiful countryside and beaches.

I moved here from E.London with my family when i was in my early teens, it was definately a culture shock:eek: but now i can not imagine living anywhere else.
    :xmastree::TDebt Free by Xmas '12 #100 5701/5701 100%:T :xmastree:

:D2013 - OH's year to be debt free:D
  • vw_campervan_mum
    Options
    Loving the lists :)
    1. Not worry about money every waking minute.
    2. Not feel trapped in my job - start looking for a more pleasant way to earn money.
    3. Start living instead of surviving.
    4. Treat my children more.
    5. Travel here and abroad.
    6. Eat out without guilt.
    7. Rejoin the world of culture: cinema, theatre, concerts, art galleries etc.
    8. Replace my wardrobe contents.
    9. Go to the hairdressers.
    10. Keep up with all the dfbx12 to stay on track :D
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • lemonpopsicle
    Options
    I :heartsmil the lists,I'll have to give mine some thought, but after last months spendy month on the car I definately need to build up a savings pot when I'm debt free.
    I've opened my £2 tin ssssh:lipsrseal and will pay the lovely shiny coins to my cc tomorrow. So that makes

No. 069 £4816 / £7719 = 62.39%
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • Superheavy
    Superheavy Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    The loan website is back up and running this evening, so have paid off my car loan. That one kind of galled me because it was a fairly high rate. Anyway, it means I can do this:

#123 - 6129 / 10762

In my book that definitely puts me over half way earlier than half way through the year, and closer to getting my life back from this debt!
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congrats on getting rid of your loan Superheavy!!! xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • InsertWittyName
    Options
    Superheavy wrote: »
    In my book that definitely puts me over half way earlier than half way through the year, and closer to getting my life back from this debt!

Almost 57%, well over half way, well done!
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is anyone else finding themselves ridiculously busy at the moment and struggling to keep up with everything??? Or is this just what it's like to get a life...? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • mrsyallop
    mrsyallop Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding themselves ridiculously busy at the moment and struggling to keep up with everything??? Or is this just what it's like to get a life...? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Yes! My life was already busy and now I have started a course and I am knacked! Got a day off tomorrow thank goodness! I am going to treat myself to a lie in :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure