The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• Canucksfan
    Canucksfan Posts: 169 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ooh Superheavy (yr name comes up as Supergravy on the phone's predictive msg!) ... Do u fancy swapping Bucket Lists? Yours is a lot more exciting than mine :)
    'You've got to tell your money what to do or it will leave!' Dave Ramsey
  • Superheavy
    Superheavy Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    Canucksfan wrote: »
    Ooh Superheavy (yr name comes up as Supergravy on the phone's predictive msg!) ... Do u fancy swapping Bucket Lists? Yours is a lot more exciting than mine :)

Aw shush! I know my list is a bunch of boy stuff that shows that I'm really not growing up at all. All I know is that I hope I don't end up back in the same debt pickle again due to immaturity.

Then again, I'm hoping that it doesn't go that way, and that debt free day will be debt free for good. (with the exception of a mortgage).

And before I forget....

Mmmmm, gravy!
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • ashleighsalem
    Options
    re: Croyde Bay - I live in N.Devon, if you are thinking of going there it's worth looking at the coastal paths, Baggy Point to Woolacoombe is a lovely walk and there is also a great network of cycle tracks. Car Parks here are expensive so it maybe worthwhile looking into weekend or weekly bus tickets and also check out the local paper this often has money off vouchers. If anybody needs any info just ask.
    :xmastree::TDebt Free by Xmas '12 #100 5701/5701 100%:T :xmastree:

:D2013 - OH's year to be debt free:D
  • ashleighsalem
    Options
    new totals for #100 5011/5701 87.90%
    :xmastree::TDebt Free by Xmas '12 #100 5701/5701 100%:T :xmastree:

:D2013 - OH's year to be debt free:D
  • lemonpopsicle
    Options
    Wooo big Ebay sale and lovely buyer who paid by BACS means £280 off the CC so
    No.069 £4764/£7719 = 61.71%
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • Superheavy
    Superheavy Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    Typical, I get up early, move all the money into my current account ready to pay off the car loan....and their website is down.

It'll still be there when I get home I suppose.
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • Mrs_Addicted_to_Spending
    Options
    Here is my list of 10 things to do when I've paid off my debts:

1. Bigger lawnmower with collecting tray (will save me loads of time). We have tiny mower atm which is 21 years old :eek:.
    2. New dishwasher as mine's literally falling apart, just hope it lasts til debts gone cos can't afford another one til then.
    3. No longer have to worry about debt :):). Actually this one should be 1st.
    4. Savings for emergencies.
    5. Holidays :j.
    6. Weekend away with friends - they want to go but I can't afford it.
    7. Decorate our bedroom which is in a dire state.
    8. Decorate kitchen.
    9. Save for car (instead of having to get a loan when ours finally packs up).
    10. Over pay mortgage.

I actually got very excited yesterday when thinking about this. I was trying to decide between the lawnmower and dishwasher (which to get first) then it struck me that when I didn't have to pay off debts (this one on here plus loan which finishes at end of this year), I could buy both of them in one month. In fact we'll have at least £500 a month freed up:j. Also, next May I finish my degree and might actually be able to get a job so that means all my wages would be available too. We'll be rolling in it - I'll have to go on a forum to help me decide what to do with it all :rotfl:.

Thanks Kerri - this has really cheered me up :T.
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am only going to put one thing on my list at the minute and that is:

I can say I am no longer in debt for the first time since being a teenager!

That's the most important thing to me at the mo, but I have the regulars such as save a fund for when I hopefully go back to uni, save for a new car etc :D
    In debt no more!
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kerri I love this week's challenge, ok here goes:

1. To save a set amount each month of £150 a month to cover all emergency bills or holidays.
    2. To have a second saving pot and work up toward my bucket list holidays of New York and Africa.
    3. To overpay each month into the mortgage.
    4. To redo my wardrobe
    5. To stop having moments of the green eyed monster. You can't have everything everyone else has
    6. To start making my husband have his lightbulb moment
    7. Finally get round to redoing the kitchen, block paving, conservatory and decking even if it takes another 6 years without getting a loan
    8. To start saving my my son's uni fee's seriously as he wants to be a computer programmer.
    9. To slow down a lot and stop being involved in everything else
    10. To learn to say no and stand back from everyone else problems

And so onto my update of my life.

Well sister in law has been diagnosed as Bipolar, she has decided she no longer wants her mum to live with her even though she has cared for her on and off for the last 15 years so just going through everything to get her declared homeless and find a house for her.

On other news no spending as been walking the street for my local broadband in my area. Its keeping me fit at least. Surveyed over 70 homes in 3 days and explained everything thats going on at the moment. Cream crackered. Just checked with the bank no sign of any extra monies coming as of yet!
    Its payday on Friday hurray. So more debt busting to come. Been that busy have to go update my spreadsheet.
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    re: Croyde Bay - I live in N.Devon, if you are thinking of going there it's worth looking at the coastal paths, Baggy Point to Woolacoombe is a lovely walk and there is also a great network of cycle tracks. Car Parks here are expensive so it maybe worthwhile looking into weekend or weekly bus tickets and also check out the local paper this often has money off vouchers. If anybody needs any info just ask.

Oh wow you lucky thing!! I love it in N Devon (and South! And Mid! I'm not fussy it's all beautiful :D) and would move like a shot but for work. Is it as great living there as it is holidaying there? :)
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport