🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• dd1981
    dd1981 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everybody

How brilliant does it feel that another person on this thread has paid off their debt?! Even though I don't know Barbeduk, I can only imagine how great it must feel and feel happy for them!

I have paid off LOADS today myself :D Is payday and me and OH got our bonuses paid today :D We have put all of it towards our debts. I was weighing up the idea of paying off wedding stuff with it but decided that we will focus on the wedding debt we have accumulated next year and focus on the old debt this year. Since becoming part of this thread, I have kept track of all our debt incomings and outgoings quite well so know exactly what is what! With only 14 weeks to go till we get married there is more and more debt adding up but its all managable at least :-)

So my update is.....

#056 £4,562.74/£9,793.81 (46.59%)

Really really happy with this total :D Gonna push massively to get it up to 50% over the next month. Dunno if we will manage 100% by Christmas but gotta aim for the top!

DD
    x
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've just figured out a way to pay off my CU loan, which is the only debt I'm paying interest on at the moment :) Hopefully this will be done next week, and will take me well under the 2k mark. Kerri I'm right behind you!!

Update:
    #068 4297.10/6492.82 66.18%
    Eep! And if you pay off that loan you'll be ahead of me, I best up my game then!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Canucksfan
    Canucksfan Posts: 169 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Barbeduk-Well done...terrific news!!! Looking forward to reading your post on the Debt Free Roll of Honour!
    Jakes-Mum-How are you going to celebrate your birthday? Hope your family treats you like the Superstar you are!!!
    'You've got to tell your money what to do or it will leave!' Dave Ramsey
  • trying_hard
    trying_hard Posts: 449 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKES MUM! Have a lovely day!

:bdaycake: :hello:
    8 years of being on a DMP finished 3/3/14
  • fallenwiccan
    fallenwiccan Posts: 608 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday Jakes-Mum
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • tirlittan
    tirlittan Posts: 3,397 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Barbeduk wrote: »
    Runs in and yells

I AM DEBT FREE!!

#319 £6109.94/£6109.94

:D:D:D:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer::j:j:j:D:D:D

Fantastic! Well done!!!:beer:
    DEBT FREE OCTOBER 2012!
    Proud to have dealt with my debts!
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Eep! And if you pay off that loan you'll be ahead of me, I best up my game then!

If I manage it, I'll be just over 1900 :D Mwahahaha I'm back in the game!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend... I'm shattered as I shared a bed last night with sortofmum and woke up every time I turned over! Bed to myself tonight, apart from 2 kitties, so I can't wait to get into it!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • janius57
    janius57 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I know I am a bit dim but how the hell do you make a new post?? I can only see how you reply to one.......
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Do you mean a new thread?
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, I have a busy 24 hours and look what happens!! :T
    1stTimer wrote: »
    Thanks spagbol! I just can't wait for payday now so I can hopefully go past that £1000 mark,
    Im having a bit of a fight within myself at the moment, I'm one of these people that never does things slowly, I'm an all or nothing girl :o
    Same here but I have to watch my resolve slipping!! Luckily I am still focused on this and hopefully you will be too thanks to this thread :)
    his_missus wrote: »
    :)Morning all!

Feeling rather grumpy today. Despite all my exercising this week and eating fairly well, I've lost no weight at all. Had a rant at the WiiFit man, called him a liar who was sulking cos we'd not used him all week, yes I know, I sound bonkers! :rotfl:
    Perhaps your good week will show next week? I lost 1lb after being really good last week, not so good this week but had a 4lb loss! :j:j Don't give up :)
    Barbeduk wrote: »
    Runs in and yells

I AM DEBT FREE!!

#319 £6109.94/£6109.94

:D:D:D:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer::j:j:j:D:D:D

And you know what? I've just come back from town, spent £3 in the pound shop!!!

Has taken all morning to sink in, was initially a huge anti climax but now I can't stop grinning like this :D.

Could I honestly say that I couldn't have done it without you lot :A:A. So here's a dodgy hug for each and every one of you.:grouphug:

Now just a small matter of the mortgage, £196,000. Interest only. Holy macaroni we don't do things by halves!!

Have a fab Friday everyone.
    WELL DONE!!!! :j:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::T:T:T:T:T:T

That is fantastic! So are you going to stick around on this thread and inspire us as a MFW? I hope so!!
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family