We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sat Nav For Approx. £6

1…1213151718…25

Comments

  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I did go and check my Sat Nav receipt and it said 'exempt from 30 day money back garantee', but as you said, if they are 'faulty' then I guess they still have to 'refund' you.

    It also says on the receipt; -
    "MANUF'R PROMOTION VOUCHER PRODUCT SPECIFIC"

    So they could just replace if faulty, I don't think they are under any obligation to do more than supply what the voucher states, although Argos, in the interest of goodwill might do so, may just depends on store/assistant.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition


  • shere1
    shere1 Posts: 613 Forumite
    I did go and check my Sat Nav receipt and it said 'exempt from 30 day money back garantee', but as you said, if they are 'faulty' then I guess they still have to 'refund' you.

    Did they give you Argos vouchers?

    I took the LCD TV's back and they gave me one of those Argos cards loaded with £119.99 to spend on whatever I wanted. Took the 2nd LCD back a few days later and got another card with £119.99 loaded on to it.
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Any update on the SatNav model/voucher they are sending out these days? Mine should be with me around 15/8. Is is still the Binatone Carrrera? TIA!
    Call me Carmine....

    HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Any update on the SatNav model/voucher they are sending out these days? Mine should be with me around 15/8. Is is still the Binatone Carrrera? TIA!

    Thats the one I got, Binatone Carrrera A350
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition


  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Have just received a letter from AXA/SUN LIFE, re my DD not being accepted,(obviously I cancelled it), and asking to complete and return the one they have now sent me!

    If I,(or anyone else who has cancelled), do not resubmit a new DD, could/will they ask for the free gift back?
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition


  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    They could ask!
  • Garetha
    Garetha Posts: 981 Forumite
    derrick wrote: »
    Have just received a letter from AXA/SUN LIFE, re my DD not being accepted,(obviously I cancelled it), and asking to complete and return the one they have now sent me!

    If I,(or anyone else who has cancelled), do not resubmit a new DD, could/will they ask for the free gift back?
    They didn't bother me when I ignored 'new DD' request.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I have phoned them and cancelled it, they made no mention about the gift.

    I used the number given above; - 02476 235550, but was told they could not help and gave me a freephone number, 0800 272127, who cancelled the policy over the phone.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition


  • Well, I am now 2 days past the date of my second DD and no sign of the satnav. So do I cancel or hang on for the '28 day delivery period' now?

    I think that AXA are aware of what's going on by now - don't you?

    frustrated
    mish
  • Hi

    well I would wait until about a week until the next DD, then cancel, I'm waiting for a

    TV voucher, though only 2 weeks since first DD, don't know if they can just not send

    out the gift or voucher, will need to dig out the info.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.