PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bet he prefers the cardboard box one. :rotfl:

Mixture of the two ! The box was big enough for him to sit in and has a door for him to get in plus opening drawbridge and windows. We've been after a castle for ages so he was a bit torn between them! I'll try and put a pic up, hang on x
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you add a photo?
  • Gaia
    Gaia Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A gorgeous pair of red Ted Baker shoes for £6.50!
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." Anon.
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Out,_Vile_Jelly Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    I pity whoever has to deal with all my stuff when I croak....don't have any family so Gawd knows who will have to do it!!

I know someone who works for a council helping to sort house clearances when people die without any family to take on this role. I imagine that would be an interesting job, as well as socially useful.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,922 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CathA wrote: »
    How do you add a photo?

You need to upload your photo from your computer, or device, to an image hosting site such as Photobucket, Tinypic or ImageShack and then use the direct link from there on this site.

There used to be some detailed destructions on the MSE site about how to do it but I can't find 'em at the mo! Hope this helps a bit anyhoo.....:)
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brand new Jaegar wool jacket in navy blue for £3.50
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleased today! So much in St Richards Hospice shop (Worcs), that I had to be choosy!

Aubergine vest top (White Stuff)

TU t shirt with Art Deco lotus design

Then new Barnados shop by Asda -

T shirt for whichever son it fits best! Brand new, cream cotton with Swiss Army knife logo.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know someone who works for a council helping to sort house clearances when people die without any family to take on this role. I imagine that would be an interesting job, as well as socially useful.

Round here - at least for abandoned tenancies - they just park the lorry outside and throw the stuff out through the window.

A lot of quite good stuff gets crushed which could be recycled/resold, but there's a lot you wouldn't even want to touch with a bargepole.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When my Mum was alive she had an elderly neighbour who'd bought herself a new bedroom suite. Mum said that when she died and they cleared the house the bedroom suite was thrown out of the window - it really upset my Mum as she knew how pleased the lady had been with it and it wasn't very old. I did promise that would never happen to her home!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I am going on a chazzer fast for a fortnight...and then I'm gonna go crazy at Nettlebed. I plan to come away with another bookcase at least :D
    Well my resolve seems not to have lasted for 2 minutes! After yesterday's wildness I may just have to skip Nettlebed.

I was in a part of Essex I usually consider to be over-priced chazzer-wise. Nevertheless I popped into one, success here lead me into another.....until all 6 had been pillaged.

- for my little niece: 2 very good quality summer party dresses, a swimming costume and a floral (think Cath Kidston) print, blouse in similar, a summer raincoat in similar, two pretty jumpers (light pink and smart cream) and a pair of jeans to go with it. Our little princess is going to look like a...princess ;)

- 3 blouses to be shared between myself and my mum (on the basis that she pillages my wardrobe regularly!). These were wants and not needs :o

- a knitted tunic for my sister in her favourite colour. If the fussy mare hates it I shall just re-gift to the chazzer.

- 16 books, including some beautiful ones for my niece. Plus two on my list for just 50p each: "When God was a Rabbit" and "Canterbury Tales". I was particularly excited about the latter as I've been looking for a copy for ages. I found it tucked into the furthermost space on a bookshelf, obstructed by a stuck piece of furniture: I consider this find to be fate! It now sits proudly in the pile, on top of "Pilgrim's Progress" (for I now have about 60 books that are in need of a good bookcase). Also, ironically a book called "You're wearing that?" - about mothers and daughters in conversation :D

- one of these, minus lid (not worried as it's a common width) for my mum:
    concord-stainless-steel-3-tier-steamer-steam.jpg

- and the pièce de resistance, again for my mum:
    200-1639_PI_TPS1365019

Was particularly happy with this barely used item, which can retail new for upto £80 (allegedly).

My booty cost a grand total of £36 :T
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure