PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For the first time, had one of those trips where someone had obviously donated a bag of their son's clothes which happen to be the right colours and the next two sizes up for my DS. He's eight months tomorrow and now fitting into 9-12 months clothes.

Got a lovely haul including proper green winter coat from Asda, light weight Ted Baker jacket. Sainsbury's cargo trousers etc all for 99p- £1.49 in the local Debra store.

Other great one yesterday was an all in one swim suit 18-24 months, Mothercare for £1 in our Scope clearance store.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 May 2017 at 4:53PM
    Options
    2 tops for me today

Purple t shirt with half sleeves - £2

Jade green H and M Top with drawstring sort of neck - £3
  • pws52
    pws52 Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lucky day for me yesterday. Someone must have been sorting their winter wardrobe and I was able to expand mine by three long sleeved tee shirts for £5. Always useful for adding extra layers!

Also bought a double 100% cotton sheet for adding to quilting pile.
    After visiting a fabric shop to buy plain cotton fabric and seeing the cost per metre I now look for 100% cotton sheets/pillow cases....far cheaper. I paid £1.50 for the sheet....no comparison.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My local Hospice has a craft shop - fabric, zips, wool, patterns, cotton's, needles etc all donated stock. It's a magnet for me! Had a look yesterday and got come beautiful forget me not blue fabric for cushion covers. Will make two large ones for £2.50.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Not my bargain but dd got a pair of carl haan Nike air tortoishell type pattern leather wedge shoes. We'd never heard of the make but cost £4.95 from the new rspca shop ( which is really nicely done out). They are quite retro looking and when we've googled he appears to be an American designer selling shoes for well over £100
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The beautiful town centre of Kidderminster for me today ;-)

R.E.M. Best of album - 99p

Short sleeved cable knit cardie - £2

Striped woolly jumper - £3

I was desperately short of jumpers - had one left and the cuffs were frayed so v pleased today.
  • Towser
    Towser Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    I have lost my chazza mojo.

I am not buying anything at the moment.

I was buying flat ankle boots, dresses and leggings.
    For the kids and hubby jeans, shorts, T-shirts, and hoodies

For teachers "the best teacher in the world mugs" to give and the end of the school year and at Christmas.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Went into he hospice craft shop & got 5 zips and 2 reels of thread for £3.50. went home and put the first zip in only to find the fastener wouldn't budge so had to unpick. One of the other zips was the same. Thought I'd be clever and fill my bobbin from the new reel instead of the one already threaded through the machine. Machine picked up both threads and tangled them up so I've lost most of a reel too. Not my day so I've packed up until tomorrow before I muck up anything else! At least my pennies have gone to a good cause ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A good haul. of some Ben Sherman leather boots for my son£6) a red dog lead, some Tupperware which needs a good clean and a little television ( £5) Very happy.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got some Wallis black 'cigarette' pants.

There is always room in the wardrobe for smart black trousers, especially if they are only £3.75.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport