PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    2 more 99p dresses for my friend. One of them is from H and M -bargain!
    I have been tasked by my daughter to hunt out shorts for my grandson, I love it!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    CathA wrote: »
    2 more 99p dresses for my friend. One of them is from H and M -bargain!
    I have been tasked by my daughter to hunt out shorts for my grandson, I love it!

More dresses? :eek:
    Are you chartering a 747 just for yourself and your luggage?

I love a challenge too. ;)
  • CathA
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    More dresses? :eek:
    Are you chartering a 747 just for yourself and your luggage?

I love a challenge too. ;)

My friend's coming over here for Christmas, so getting a load of stuff ready to take back with her. There's a lack of summer stuff in December to pick from! However, should the stuff not fit in her case (and all the stuff I took over last time was one caseful on it's own!) I'll just have to take it over myself. Sigh.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    luxor4t wrote: »
    Looking in the town centre 'chain' CSs, the prices are doubled or trebled. Who would pay £2.25 for a well worn Mothercare t-shirt for a 9 month old?
    All the more reason to support local registered charities. Whilst the big chains are clearly taking this p*ss, it does make finding a genuine bargain even sweeter.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Pollycat
    Options
    CathA wrote: »
    My friend's coming over here for Christmas, so getting a load of stuff ready to take back with her. There's a lack of summer stuff in December to pick from! However, should the stuff not fit in her case (and all the stuff I took over last time was one caseful on it's own!) I'll just have to take it over myself. Sigh.
    Have I got confused? :o
    Have you already been to the Seychelles?

I think your friend may need to charter a 747 to take home all the bargains you're buying for her. ;)
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,922 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nearly didn't bother calling in to the community charity shop yesterday as it was soon blooming' hot. Sat outside Waitrose opposite having my free coffee and using their free wifi for half an hour (yay...caught a couple of Pokemons!) but decided to have a quick squiz in the end.

Found a neat, day-type rucsack by Art Sac for £1, perfect size for hols to just carry a camera/phone/purse/sunnies etc. and be hands-free. Just looked on Amazon and they sell for £27.95! Also got an M & S T-shirt in raspberry in my favourite cut....scoopy neck and elbow length sleeves for £1. I do think M & S do good T-shirts still...good quality fabric and rarely get the dreaded twisted side seams (my pet hate!).
  • CathA
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Have I got confused? :o
    Have you already been to the Seychelles?

I think your friend may need to charter a 747 to take home all the bargains you're buying for her. ;)

Yep, been and come back. Whole suitcase of stuff for her, some charity shop stuff (quite a lot actually!), dresses, craft stuff for her school, games and puzzles for the kids (all charity shop) stuff she had ordered from internet to take over there, as the postage for stuff there is quite high. As i said, one whole suitcase was her stuff, tho I divided it all between the two cases. Both cases got lost, but they turned up a day late. The one thing I was worried about is she ordered a kayak carrier (don't ask!) and it came in bits. I'd put one wheel in one case, one in the other, if one of the cases had been lost for ever she's have been singing 'One wheel on my wagon/kayak!' Happy days!
  • CathA
    Options
    And another 2 99p dresses! X
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Found a really pretty knee-length Debenhams dress with X-over bodice in blue, turquoise and white but in 2 different patterns.
    The band under the bust, edging the bodice and armholes is in a different pattern but same colourway as the main part of the dress.

Nice jersey fabric and a bargain at 99p from Age UK.

Will be perfect for walking into town at lunchtimes on our up-coming Greek holiday.

It's a more dressy place than some of the resorts we visit - lots of elegant Italians - so I like to look smart.
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Boden blouse £2 but think I bought it just because it was a bargain because I really didn't need it
    All that clutter used to be money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport