PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Fascinating! So pleased we could have a look at a similar one....!

Only wish I could put up a photo Miro, but I struggle to make them small enough using an ipad!
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bought two blouses from Scope at 1/2 price, one for myself, and one for my mum. Mum liked both and looked good in both - and to be fair I wasn't overly fussed as it was just something to go with jeans, which cost me all of £1.25!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a chalky blue per una jumper in our hospice shop for £2.50. Just needed a button and there was one stitched to the label. Hardly looks worn. Really happy with it :)
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 March 2016 at 7:23PM
    Options
    Last Thursday I was killing time in Forfar and found a pair of casual outdoor trousers and a pair of grey corduroy jeans-style trousers for £4.50 each for OH. The labels are missing but I'm sure the grey ones are the same ones he bought from Next and wore to death!

Not cs but I just got a John Lewis smart casual summer dress reduced from £60 to £15 :-)
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Giddynmg
    Giddynmg Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I got a cream M&S Autograph cardi for £3.95. It's really soft and when I checked the label at home I discovered it is actually 100% cashmere.
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    Popped into my local charity shop on Tuesday. Had a look round, didn't find anything I wanted but stopped to browse the handbags on the way out. I spotted a rather nice well made leather bag. Took it off the shelf to inspect it. Looked at the lining and thought I recognised the logo. On further inspection I realised it was a Mulberry bag. Took it to the till as it had no price on it. The guy said it was £2 as they were having a sale. I paid. Took the bag home and scoured the sites for hints and tips on spotting a genuine Mulberry bag. It seems that it's genuine, it has a serial number that doesn't match anything when I googled it. It's a beautiful bag made of the most lovely leather. Whether it's genuine or fake. It's a lovely bag and I'm well happy.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Giddynmg wrote: »
    Today I got a cream M&S Autograph cardi for £3.95. It's really soft and when I checked the label at home I discovered it is actually 100% cashmere.
    Popped into my local charity shop on Tuesday. Had a look round, didn't find anything I wanted but stopped to browse the handbags on the way out. I spotted a rather nice well made leather bag. Took it off the shelf to inspect it. Looked at the lining and thought I recognised the logo. On further inspection I realised it was a Mulberry bag. Took it to the till as it had no price on it. The guy said it was £2 as they were having a sale. I paid. Took the bag home and scoured the sites for hints and tips on spotting a genuine Mulberry bag. It seems that it's genuine, it has a serial number that doesn't match anything when I googled it. It's a beautiful bag made of the most lovely leather. Whether it's genuine or fake. It's a lovely bag and I'm well happy.
    Two fab bargains. :T

I bought a Phase Eight long-line jumper, 50% wool, with V-neck, long sleeves and a side slit with the back being longer than the front. Lovely dark teal colour £1.00 from Oxfam (they were having a sale). I have a few pairs of patterned treggings and am lacking plain tops that cover my bum so this will go perfectly.

Also some brand-new still on the card Dunkelman laces:
    p18hah7uc51u0r1oc41r3713u51e495.jpg.ashx?height=150&width=196&quality=100&scale=both&bgcolor=FFFFFF
    they are the 4th from the right in 'multi check' and will brighten up one of my pairs of Doc Marten boots. 10p

Also complete series 1 of Life on Mars (loved this series) on DVD £4.00. Currently on Amazon for £29.95.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just picked this up in local Charity Shop, I live in Shropshire and it is a beautiful piece! Paid £25 http://www.netherton-foundry.co.uk/iron_casseroles_tagines?product_id=173
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Just picked this up in local Charity Shop, I live in Shropshire and it is a beautiful piece! Paid £25 http://www.netherton-foundry.co.uk/iron_casseroles_tagines?product_id=173
    OMG!
    That's amazing, I don't think I'd use it to cook dishes in, it deserves a place on display (I have the perfect place in my kitchen :D).

Hey! Do you think it might have been donated by Princess Anne? :rotfl:
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't intend on using it either, stunning piece!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport