PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• LadyFuchsia
    Options
    Visited my sister at the weekend and we did a quick tour of the charity shops in her town.

I was delighted to find a big basket of shells, a small basket of shells and a shell necklace all for £4.50. They'll be great for my shellcrafting. I also found two of the Pretty Ugly Mugs I collect for £1.50 each.

I balanced it out yesterday by donating two bags of clothes to the Salvation Army!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain'
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options
    Pair of Animal jeans (this years, RRP £50) for £8 :j

That's from the new scope shop in town. They have a lot of 'younger' clothes and jeans, plus the lady in there is really nice!
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Options
    I got an even better bargain at one of the clothes swaps - a Zara coat in a very fine fake fur. It's gorgeous and I am so chuffed.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went to a one off Christmas charity shop that is on all week.

Managed to get a new real leather purse for a fiver and a Sekonda water resistant, quartz watch with gold face and leather strap still in box for £15. I am hoping I will not be allergic to the watch as clawing at your wrist every few minutes is not an elegant look!;)

I also found a fancy Noel candle for a pound which will make a nice centrepiece on the table.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    im chuffed to bits with this weeks find...a big meat fork to hold a joint or chicken....no more meat will be getting away from me...it was 50p
    onwards and upwards
  • starsandmoon
    Options
    Got a nice bib work bag for £2.99, a Christmas jumper in purples with a bit of glitter for £2.79 and a pair of Next work trousers off the sale rail for £1.50 all from Debra:j
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Haven't been to the local shops for a while now, but these are a few bits ive bought this week.

*Camel coloured New Look Skinny jeans £1.99
    *Next baby boy stripy t-shirt 29p
    *Next baby boy jeans 49p
    *Primark floral clutch purse £2.09 Brand New with tags
    *George leopard print pumps £2.09

Wouldn't normally buy George or Primark, but loved the design of the pumps with the leopard print bits in heart shapes and they're really comfy. The Primark purse will be a little gift for my Mum for Xmas, I'm so poor i can't afford much for presents this year and the purse will make a lovely gift.

This week will be my last carboot sale trip of the year too it's getting far too cold and hardly any sellers anymore.Will miss going as ive had so many bargains this year, bring on springtime.

Suze :)
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • stormchaos
    Options
    Had a trip to the Mencap charity shop and got:
    a JML halogen oven for £15,
    a Crock-pot slow cooker for £4,
    and
    a Shelf pottery Dragon lamp for £5.

Last week got a 6 place setting (bowls, side plates, big plates, mugs)Biltons dinner set in a flower pattern with matching Teapot, milk jug and sugar bowl for £4
    and a 60's Melaware turquoise tea set for £2
    I love that place :)
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 27 November 2013 at 11:03AM
    Options
    one of the shops was having a half-price event on clothing for that day only and I bagged a leopard print fun fur (ex River Island) for my daughter for £2.50.

In another one, I bought myself a pair of Hotter shoes for £6. They are last seasons but virtually unworn - the sole is perfect & I wonder if they were just tried in the shop or at home and the purchaser had second thoughts.

And I got my mum 2 beautiful Laura Ashley lampshade for £2 each. They were too small for her bedside lamps so am on the look-out for lamp bases now :)

Just remembered that I got 3 baskets for 3.98 - one of the children wanted some for hampers, so hopefully will be pleased :)
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    I went to a one off Christmas charity shop that is on all week.

Managed to get a new real leather purse for a fiver and a Sekonda water resistant, quartz watch with gold face and leather strap still in box for £15. I am hoping I will not be allergic to the watch as clawing at your wrist every few minutes is not an elegant look!;)

I also found a fancy Noel candle for a pound which will make a nice centrepiece on the table.

Don't forget you can always paint the metal parts that might be in contact with your skin, with clear nail varnish to avoid any allergy problems. :)
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport