PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2013 at 7:20PM
    Options
    Had a splurge today after self imposed exile from CS

French Connection cotton shirt £1

'Patra' long granny nightie in soft brushed white cotton £1 - cosy :D

"Four Seasons of London" (as sold in John Lewis!) long raincoat - immaculate condition with brown velvet collar - £4

Had some nice compliments today on my blue herringbone tweed coat and blue sweater dress . . . didn't let on that they were only £1 each from Age UK this summer! :rotfl:

Sad to say the ladies working in Age UK were upset as a crowd of non-English speaking itinerant travellers had been in earlier this morning - created a commotion and then scarpered taking armfuls of stock with them
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• patricia50
    Options
    I bought 2 Emma Bridgewater mugs from her Dogs collection for £2.99 each. These, like all her China are very expensive and would probably sell well on eBay but as I really like them I'll be keeping them. Think this is the first time I've ever seen any of her stuff in a charity shop and only really noticed them because they had dogs on them.
  • sweetpea26
    Options
    Hi all

Was absolutely delighted to find a vintage Holly Hobbie pram/cot little padded bedspread. £2

I washed it and it has come up a treat. Am saving it for my first grandchild :) that will be a while but its so cute.

Little shabby chic shave mirror 50p
    Boxed Hairbrush brand new £2 normally sell at £11
    Flat back Christmas tree about 36 inches for hanging £1.50
    Cocktail large glass mixer jug £1 ! saw similar ebay £24.99!

good haul. Towns are now getting very busy so will not be back in this week but maybe next week :)

Happy hunting.

delighted with these items
  • got-it-spend-it
    Options
    Picked up my charity shop holy grail today- a Boden dress. It was a whopping £8.99 but looks new, and it a lovely style and gorgeous print. I love Boden, so over the moon with it.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    Picked up my charity shop holy grail today- a Boden dress. It was a whopping £8.99 but looks new, and it a lovely style and gorgeous print. I love Boden, so over the moon with it.

Oh wow! I love Boden. I got a Boden dress from a charity shop once, I love it!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    A colourful pair of curtains almost new, for £1. Our Age UK shop is a £1 shop. :j
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    A colourful pair of curtains almost new, for £1. Our Age UK shop is a £1 shop. :j
    Ilona

Wow, £1?! I can only imagine prices like that in a charity shop round here.
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2013 at 6:29PM
    Options
    Poor self control today led to a self indulgent purchase of a M+S Autograph purple floral shirt for £3 from the Hospice CS.

I had popped in - to try and get some odd saucers to use as cat plates . . . . . no luck on that front as they only had 'sets' but I couldn't resist the shirt - its really lovely and it still had tags on :)
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• chirpycheap
    Options
    Bought two Christmas chalkboards from the PDSA. They were new items in their Christmas range reduced from £2.50 to 50p each.

They are really lovely, made of wood and have the message 'How many sleeps until Christmas' and the child just chalks up the number on the chalkboard. Bought two for my nephews.

There were lots of items reduced in the PDSA gift ranges -well worth a look for some cheap stocking fillers.
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
  • Skinnylatte
    Skinnylatte Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Austen Reed trousers for work that fit perfectly. £6 from shelter rrp £140 yey
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing