PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :)

Visited the shops in my Nans local town today whilst doing her shopping and can never resist a peek in the charity shops.

Bought:

*River Island Snowflake Print Shrug £4.95 (bit more than i'd normally spend, but it looks brand new and very this season).
    *New Look Burgundy Sheer Polka Dot Blouse £3.95. I've been after this blouse since originally seeing it full price instore, but i missed out on my size. I've been eyeing it up again on ebay recently, but they always seem to go for silly prices. Love it when i see something in a charity shop i'd been eyeing up full price ;)

Suze :)
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently bought a lovely pair of silver ombr! wine glasses from Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland for £3.

Not CS but I recently bought some stuff for Xmas presents from "everything£5" . Com and I have to say I'm really impressed! The cardigans are really cosy, the wool tunic tops are really pretty and the patterns are similar to the kind of thing you get in White Stuff for over £25!

I got 2 owl print wool blend tunics, a leaf print wool blend tunic, 2 long jacket-style cardigans with ruffled collars and a shrug-style cardigan for less than £39 inc. next day delivery.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A black redherring satchel, leather £5. Now my favourite bag!!
    Slightly bitter
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,927 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a great morning visiting our local hospice chazza shop and then the community chazza shop. Started with a couple of t shirts at 50p each, then found a great M & S Per Una knee length black evening dress for £3. Then found a brand new BHS coat in black for £6 which I am really thrilled with and then finally found an M & S brown tweedy/wool skirt for £1.50.

I lurve chazza shops! :D
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today picked up a lovely Phase Eight dress for £6 looks new
    A black M&S pencil skirt 1.99
    A pair of suede knee length boots £1.99
    And black Simply Be Jeans like new £4.50

Still on the look out for a nice Christmassy jumper for Christmas Day:D
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • yorkie_cook
    Options
    I took a ride to Otley yesterday, I had not realised how many chazza shops there was there, there must be at least 10. I managed to get my mum 3 pairs of M&S trousers one was per una & a F&F pair for 50p a pair in the St Gemma's hospice shop, the ladies trousers were on special offer. Think they also had a few 99p rails.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought a bnwt Bessie bag ,tan and dark brown.cross between a large bag and a tote I suppose.
    It was £8.
    I looks good on the arm but collapse in a bit of heap on the ground which I didn't find out till after I bought it.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Got a couple more bits in the Cancer Research shop t'other day but I noticed a lot of their stuff was quite high priced, it is in a nice area so they do get quite a bit of nice stuff but the 'ordinary' labels were high priced as well...
    This time I got a black long sleeved M&S t-shirt for £2 (I have a load of these from Primark that I pay about 2.50 for brand new but the quality is awful and they bag quickly, I'm hoping this one lasts a bit longer!!) and a lovely long, heavy sleeveless grey jumper originally from Bay Trading for 3.75.
    Theres a Shelter shop on the same street recently opened and they seem to get a LOT of new ex-shop stock, they have an absolutely beautiful display of coloured suede boots that I admire every time I go in but they're too frivolous for me to justify :( however last time I was in they were doing half price on all their toiletries (all brand new sealed ex-shop stock) and I got some nice body sprays that my friend likes (and cost about £3 in Boots!) and a Morgan hand and body lotion in a lovely box for a couple of quid which was a perfect Christmas pressie.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I found a brand new grey woollen zip-up jumper from Next for only £3.50. Washed it straight away and am wearing it now - luvverly and warm!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    I picked up a Love Label black A-line dress with chiffon sleeves for £4 the other day (ideal for my Christmas do!), also found a Brora wool skirt, Jigsaw tweed skirt and a cute Next needlecord short skirt all for £3 each. I also found a beautiful throw for over my spare bed and a fine lacy mohair scarf that will also be a bed-throw for £1 each - all in one of the hospice shops in Warrington.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure