PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it sad that coming and posting my finds on here is almost as exciting as the bargains themselves!

I am paying it forward today though, and donating a stack of tops I was planning to sell. I was so lucky with my bargains yesterday that it feels like the right thing to do.

I always think it's good Karma to donate to CS if you're a second hand junkie like me.

I have been after a pine bedside cabinet for months, to match the chest of drawers my DD's flatmate gave to me :) I took a big bag of skirts, mostly Per Una and three large pictures in lovely frames to one on Monday morning, then that afternoon driving past one I've never been to before I spotted the perfect bedside cabinet. Emergency stop and jump out......£6 Bargain :j:j:j

Also went to a new one that's just opened near me and got a lovely Signare Tapestry Boutique handbag BNWT for £2.95 I've been looking at these in a shop in Rochester for months but couldn't justify the £20 - £25 price tag just cos they're pretty!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    :rudolf:Cross Stitch Is For Life Not Just For Christmas :rudolf:
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got a nice pair of Mantaray cargo shorts for my son on the clearance rail for £1.

Went into another shop to take in hangers & bubblewrap (I pick up some everytime I'm buying fruit & veg at the supermarket) & I got him a lovely FatFace jacket for £6. The books were all on offer at 5 for £1 - had to stop myself from looking because the ones I'm waiting to read are spilling over across the floor of my bedroom!
  • Ballymackeonan
    Options
    Tricksie, I agree about the good karma! I work in several places, and visit CSs in all of them. It's quite usual for me to leave something back in a CS in another town, let someone else have a chance as well (blame my fluctuating figure!)

The OH seems to think I can get anything in a CS - ever since he expressed a wish for a mincer (I'd given him a Turkish cookbook and he wanted to try kofta kebabs...) and I arrived in with a brand-new, still in packaging one, that evening.

Today's best find, a vintage pale yellow cotton St Michael dress (late 1970s) for £1! I'm going to shorten it, put a bit of embroidery on, and possibly some lace on the collar (another CS find, a big bag of lace bits for £1 a few weeks ago) - it'll make a great overblouse.
  • Bella79
    Bella79 Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well not charity shop but boot sale. Really dropped on!

La occitane 500ml handwash full £1.00
    Body shop japanese blossom edt full 50p
    2 beautiful silver cake forks 50p for both
    Lemon press 25p
    Serving spoons silver 50p
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    In the last few days I've bought from 2 Oxfam shops in different towns a pair of brand new ex-M&S (who seem to donate a lot of their stuff to Oxfam) 100% linen dark blue trousers for £4.00 and a pair of brand new (but with dark marks on the hemline - from dragging on the floor, I think) 100% linen white trousers for £1.99.
    The marks aren't a problem as the trousers are long and I'm short :D so they need taking up anyway.

I really have far too many pairs of white linen trousers but I couldn't resist these as they felt so comfortable.
  • Bella79
    Bella79 Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just realised the cake forks i got are hallmarked!
  • starsandmoon
    Options
    Went to Crosby today as there are loads of chaz shops there. DD got a bag and 2 scarves for £2, BF got work trousers and shirt and I got Falmer jeans that are comfy and fit well for £4.
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Went to Crosby today as there are loads of chaz shops there. DD got a bag and 2 scarves for £2, BF got work trousers and shirt and I got Falmer jeans that are comfy and fit well for £4.

Really? I'm always looking for places close to Southport where there are decent c/shops. Been to Waterloo but never thought of Crosby. Which rail station is closest to the shopping area please, Blundellsands or Hall Road?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Brand new M&S white towelling dressing gown for £4.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Bella79 wrote: »
    Just realised the cake forks i got are hallmarked!

WOW! :eek:

2 silver forks for 50p! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family