PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• FrooGal_2
    FrooGal_2 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Six immaculate baby sleepsuits for £2. I'm amazed by the quality of baby wear you can get secondhand, it is fantastic
    Recovering Shopaholic
    Santander: £1800 overdraft - £1800 to go
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have my lovely hubby to thank for today's bargain.

£300-odd worth of brand new lovely Skeppshult, Swedish cast iron cookware.

This oval casserole dish

This big oven tray

This smaller oven tray

All brand new and boxed. He paid £35 for the lot. Quite a lot for a charity shop purchase but I am delighted.

wow well done. I have been collecting stainless steel pans from CS really good expensive makes for a couple quid each, you have to look for the names as they seem to sell the cheap versions for the same price.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    FrooGal wrote: »
    Six immaculate baby sleepsuits for £2. I'm amazed by the quality of baby wear you can get secondhand, it is fantastic

I got most of my sons baby clothes from CS you can get some real bargains as baby clothes are not worm much people get so many they are only in them once or twice if that.
  • .Johanna.
    .Johanna. Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    A military style winter coat by Zara from a secondhand shop while on holiday, €20. I was looking to buy something like this new last winter, but couldn't find any that I really liked.
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    Not charity shop, but end of sale @ TKMaxx - a lovely 70% cotton open knit jumper for £3.00, I was really pleased.
    Normal people worry me.
  • building_with_lego
    Options
    I got a huge Lego base board today for £3. I offered £5 as I know the manager and it's worth about £12 new but she asked me for £2. £3 calmed my conscience :D
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Gorgeous orange, red and brown vintage German Lava plant pot for £3 :) Just what I was looking for so I am really delighted. Also picked up a Kipling Monkey keyring for 50p in perfect condition.

Happy me :)
  • got-it-spend-it
    Options
    FrooGal wrote: »

Totally agree. I have had Gap, Boden and lots of M&S for my second son from charity shops, and I don't think I've paid more than £1.50 for any item (and lots have been 20-50p).

I had an amazing haul from the pound rail in our local hospice shop. A brand new with tags F&F chiffon top, a Next wrap top, a Per Una skirt and a like new Next cocktail dress. Not sure that the dress will fit but for £1 I am happy to pass it on if it doesn't.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • starsandmoon
    Options
    Went to my fave chaz shop and got a looks like new Fat Face tunic for £3.50!! £38 they are new. There was a Fat Face shrug/cardy too but it was 2 sizes too small:(

They also had new looking Next couches for £150 each, lovely they were. This is a tatty little shop and its suddenly started selling some fab things. Ive had Next, Fat Face, Auston Reed etc there lately and a fire guard for my Victorian fire. Its a charity called Debra
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • got-it-spend-it
    Options
    Is it sad that coming and posting my finds on here is almost as exciting as the bargains themselves!

I am paying it forward today though, and donating a stack of tops I was planning to sell. I was so lucky with my bargains yesterday that it feels like the right thing to do.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport