PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like the shop staff didn't know what it was either, to price it so low :rotfl:. Brilliant find, lucky you!

Yesterday I got a brand new, still with M&S £35 tag attached, pair of gorgeous soft mid-blue denim style trousers, for £9. Fitted me a dream, and will definitely get saved for best!

Later in the day I was absolutely roasting hot in town, but had a rather old baggy teeshirt on under my lightweight fleecy top so couldn't take the fleece off. I was hoping to find a 50p teeshirt that was good enough to change into, but had no luck in my usual 'bargain rail' c/shops. However the RSPCA came up trumps with a very pretty viscose blouse which smelt newly washed, so I asked them to cut the £2 price off and changed into it in the shop. Sorted! :T
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    msb5262 wrote: »
    This week I found a good as new standard size Remoska for £4.50! They are currently £109.99 on the Lakeland Limited website. This one has been thoroughly tested and I know it'll be used as I have the Grande (large) one...will probably send this off with my children in turn when they go off to university or wherever. I'm so delighted!

wow that is one of the best charity shops bargains I have heard off. Well done I have wanted a remoska for ages but just can't afford one (fingers crossed I might get as lucky)
  • DulceMiel
    DulceMiel Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Had to nip into town to run some errands and couldn't resist having a nose in some chazza's!

Got 5 books for 99p in the YMCA. Bit of an eclectic mix but nice way of giving unexplored genres a go. Got my first Agatha Christie, haha. ;) And I checked book review sites when I got home and they've all been given high ratings, so that's a bonus.

Then in Hope House I got ANOTHER book for 50p and a Warehouse cardigan for £3.75. Bit more than what I'd normally pay, but hey ho, I liked it.

I'd also like to mention that if like me you're into your reading, then check your local libraries because they may have withdrawn books set aside for sale. Mine have paperbacks for 50p and hardbacks for £1. I know you can save your money and borrow the books, but sometimes it's just nice to actually own them! :rotfl:
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DulceMiel wrote: »

I'd also like to mention that if like me you're into your reading, then check your local libraries because they may have withdrawn books set aside for sale. Mine have paperbacks for 50p and hardbacks for £1.

I buy most of my sons books from the library they are cheaper than charity shops. The other day we got a large pop up book price on the back was £25 for 20p :) a couple of the pops ups were broken but it just took a bit of glue to fix and my son loves it. We are also collecting the set of grufflo type books we have quite a few now all 20p each and with a nice plastic cover on them.

He borrows books as well but its nice for him to have them to keep to read when ever we like.
  • DulceMiel
    DulceMiel Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I buy most of my sons books from the library they are cheaper than charity shops. The other day we got a large pop up book price on the back was £25 for 20p :) a couple of the pops ups were broken but it just took a bit of glue to fix and my son loves it. We are also collecting the set of grufflo type books we have quite a few now all 20p each and with a nice plastic cover on them.

He borrows books as well but its nice for him to have them to keep to read when ever we like.

Oh, that's a good bargain! Hate paying more than £2 for a book nowadays. My town hasn't got much going for it, but it sure has plenty of cheap books!
  • madwife28
    madwife28 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Bought a beautiful summer dress from Boden today for my friend - looks like it hasn't even been worn! For total of £4.25!! Bargain!
    January 2020 GC - £151.09/£180
    February 2020 GC - £0/£200
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :)

Popped into my local Oxfam again today and picked up some more little t-shirts for my DS mostly Next for 29p each. Also got a original 1950s floral tunic which i paid £4.99 for, which is more than i usually pay but im off to a 1950s weekend and i hardly ever find vintage florals in my size.

From another shop i bought the New Look sheer floral blouse i mentioned the other day but didnt have enough money for £2.99. A Calvin Klein vest for my DS £1.25 and a pair of M&S teddy bear boots pram shoes for 59p.

I then went to the next town to have a look around the shops and couldnt believe how much more expensive they were. £10 for a worn Primark dress? Didnt buy anything from any of the 10 shops :(

Wont be going again now until Monday, but hoping for some more bargains by then.

Happy shopping everyone :)

Suze :)
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DulceMiel wrote: »
    Had to nip into town to run some errands and couldn't resist having a nose in some chazza's!

Got 5 books for 99p in the YMCA. Bit of an eclectic mix but nice way of giving unexplored genres a go. Got my first Agatha Christie, haha. ;) And I checked book review sites when I got home and they've all been given high ratings, so that's a bonus.

Then in Hope House I got ANOTHER book for 50p and a Warehouse cardigan for £3.75. Bit more than what I'd normally pay, but hey ho, I liked it.

I'd also like to mention that if like me you're into your reading, then check your local libraries because they may have withdrawn books set aside for sale. Mine have paperbacks for 50p and hardbacks for £1. I know you can save your money and borrow the books, but sometimes it's just nice to actually own them! :rotfl:

Our libraries normally sell old books (paperback, hardback & books on tape) at 10p, sometimes 20p. :)
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing for me (as I said earlier I'm on a buying ban) but my mum got a very nice pair of leather sandals (leather insole too) with just the kind of comfy heel for walking that she likes for £5.

At first the assistant couldn't find the 2nd shoe, so my mum thought she'd miss out on a bargain, but they found it in the end - apparently they'd put the wrong foot on the shelf and it'd gotten them confused! lol
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • Ellie83
    Ellie83 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight in the past few months and have now discovered the wonders of charity shops in sizes 12 and 14 :)

In the past month, I have found Laura Ashley tops (3), Phase Eight top, Hobbs dress, Fat Face skirt, White Stuff skirt, Boden summery trousers, Banana Republic mac coat, and plenty of other things I needed for the summer. Because I work part-time, I have time to scour my 2 local charity shops twice a week while taking my usual walk into town.

This has saved me a fortune. Last summer, I was a size 22 so a new summer wardrobe was needed. I must have spend £50-60 (and I'm being generous) but got SO MANY summer clothes, often shops far too expensive for me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport