E:14/09/04 SE T610 on BT150+ for £1.24/month

Options
Insert by Andrea: to help navigation I've added links to other related threads started by Yair3777338 and Johnlew

Okay...so everyone must be aware of the E2Save/CPW deal on BT Mobile's BT150+ tariff where you get a Sony Ericsson T610 for £4.99/month (or £3.95 per month if purchase from E2Save via Rpoints with £12.50 worth of points credited back to your account).

However, a recent development means that you could get this for only £1.24 per month after all is said and done.

Dialaphone have now started offering the exact same deal with cashback to your bank account after 6 &12 months and, if the contents of a recent post are to be believed, you can get it with another £45 cashback if you purchase via the "You At Work" Dialaphone microsite.

This means that the deal could be as cheap as £14.88, or £1.24/month.

For those that don't know...YouAtWork is an employee benefits scheme that employeres sign up to which gives their employees access to special deals negotiated with a variety of retailers. That's why the T&Cs of this £45 extra cashback deal are impossible to verify. However, that said - this is still a good deal if the extra £45 doesn't materialise.

Please Note: In the interests of avoiding disappointment, anyone who is not a member of the "You At Work" scheme who wishes to take up this offer must understand that there is a chance that they will not receive the additional £45 cashback.

I should also point out that I am in no way connected with You At Work or the You At Work Dialaphone microsite and I have have no interest in directing people to Dialaphone via the You At Work microsite. I'm merely applying information already available on these forums to a new deal on the market so that the readers of this forum can decide if they want to take a chance on using this purchasing route to (hopefully) save even more money.

Of course, if you are a You At Work member with a BT residential landline then you are indeed a lucky chap.

HtH
Reestit Mutton
For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.

Comments

• lyns_2
    lyns_2 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Can you tell me if they take £29 or £20 out of you're bank every month.
    I know that BT were doing it for £20 a month or so ago as i had a m v60 from E2save but when i put the T610 in the basket it said £29 a month before cash back
    Number 4 due 21st jan
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    Hi
    Can you tell me if they take £29 or £20 out of you're bank every month.
    I know that BT were doing it for £20 a month or so ago as i had a m v60 from E2save but when i put the T610 in the basket it said £29 a month before cash back

BT Mobile will charge you £19.99 per month for the first 12 months and then £29 per month thereafter. However, you can cancel after 12 months (or, if you want to be ULTRA safe, you could hang on for up to another month to wait for their final cashback payment).

However, there should be nothing stopping you switching to their cheapest plan for month 13 whilst waiting for the cashback to arrive - this is their "standard" plan @ £12.50/month (it comes with NO free minutes). Of course, if you're happy to make some use of their network for month 13, there's always the 30 or 60 minute tariffs at £15/£18 per month respectively.

Anyway, the best thing to do would be to have a word with Dialaphone and ask if you will still get your final cashback if you cancel after 12 months. Afterall, you will still be able to send them your 12th airtime bill and, unlike a lot of their O2 and Vodafone deals, they don't need you to have an active airtime account to pay the money into as it's a cashback direct to your bank account in this instance. Make sure you get their response confirmed in writing just in case (that's the cynic in me talking now ;) ).

HtH
    Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
  • lyns_2
    lyns_2 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Number 4 due 21st jan
  • nitinpatil
    Options
    Hi

can anyone explain me how it comes to 1.24 /pm

Please have a look at dial a phone website first. it say 9.99 /pm

thanks

Pats
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    Hi

can anyone explain me how it comes to 1.24 /pm

Please have a look at dial a phone website first. it say 9.99 /pm

thanks

Pats

You must be looking at the T630, not the T610 then.

(incidentally, if you want to have a chance of receiving the additional £45 cashback you need to make sure that you've got the site ID "245" noted on screen or visit the You At Work microsite first before making your purchase as the above handset links aren't YouAtWork-specific).

HtH
    Reestit Mutton
  • GizEzBez
    Options
    RE: incidentally, if you want to have a chance of receiving the additional £45 cashback you need to make sure that you've got the site ID "245" noted on screen or visit the You At Work microsite first before making your purchase as the above handset links aren't YouAtWork-specific - it doesn't say anything about an extra £45 cashback from the YouAtWork link?
    Charles J
  • misha
    misha Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

What happens after 12 months? - do I get to keep the phone? If yes, can I use it on another network (say Virgin)?

Thank you
  • Welliesorter
    Options
    Hello,

What happens after 12 months? - do I get to keep the phone? If yes, can I use it on another network (say Virgin)?
    Yes.

You'll need to cancel the contract if you no longer want it. The easiest way of doing that is to request a PAC from BT so that you can move your number to the other network.
  • misha
    misha Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    So I assume that I do get to keep the phone... Do you know if it has to be unlocked in order to be used on another network? Or can I for example buy a SIM card from Virgin, insert it in the phone and use it immediately (assuming I don't care about keeping the tel number)?
  • Smartasss
    Options
    The phone is yours to keep from the moment it is delivered!

To check if it's unlocked just try another provider's SIM in it. If it recognises the SIM it's fine.

(You won't harm either the SIM or the phone trying this)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure