Options
    Rory wasn't a ginger the last time I looked
    NO MORE HANDWASH GLITCHES PLEASE :D:D
  • whiteside
    whiteside Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Rory wasn't a ginger the last time I looked

The last time you looked where exactly??? :D

It is incredibly tough to win any major but wee rors has as good a chance as any to add to last years us open. Don't need any more incentive to shout for him though as hes doing Northern Ireland proud but the wee bonus on this account would be a cherry.
  • aaronhammer
    Options
    Santander couldn't have timed the release of this ISA any better than the day Rory McIlroy became world number 1
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Going to collect a leaflet on this at lunch but have a couple of questions.

My position is that I've already fully subscribed into an ISA for 2011/12 and as its a fixed account with penalties I wont be moving money.

What I'd like to do is open one of these now ready such that I can subscribe to it at the first possible opportunity with the full 2012/13 allowance i.e. April 6th.

So do you clever chaps and chapesses think this will be possible? How long is this ISA offer likely to be open for?
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    According to their website, you need to (amongst other things)
    ......Be able to make your initial deposit/transfer in request within 14 days of account opening.

So if you cannot fund with new money before April 6, you should wait until a couple of weeks before April 6. Not sure whether it's 14 calendar or working days - - may be ask them when you pick up your leaflet and let us all know
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Going to collect a leaflet on this at lunch but have a couple of questions.

My position is that I've already fully subscribed into an ISA for 2011/12 and as its a fixed account with penalties I wont be moving money.

What I'd like to do is open one of these now ready such that I can subscribe to it at the first possible opportunity with the full 2012/13 allowance i.e. April 6th.

So do you clever chaps and chapesses think this will be possible? How long is this ISA offer likely to be open for?

Just to feedback - in the branch an advisor went to check with another advisor and 'this year they wont be allowing the account to be opened in 2011/12 to only be subscribed to in 2012/13'.

i.e. if you're not going to make any payments/transfers this tax year you will have to wait until April 6th to open and then subscribe.

On the back of this advice I've made an appointment to open one up around April 6th.

Don't shoot the messenger!
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did they say whether the rate would still be there for 12/13? Or is it just to grab the end of 11/12?
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
  • veryintrigued
    edited 5 March 2012 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Jevvers wrote: »
    Did they say whether the rate would still be there for 12/13? Or is it just to grab the end of 11/12?

Of course she couldnt commit herself but she advised that as they have pushed this out at this time, and the ISA is able to be paid within the 2012/13 tax year (as long as within the 14 days), she suspects it will be set up to meet demand.
  • tipsychick
    tipsychick Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to throw into the mix, I think I'm right in saying that there will be the added complication of not being able to make a 2012/13 subscription until Tuesday 10th April due to the Easter Bank Holiday too.
  • lanstrom
    lanstrom Posts: 204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So if I was to open this with new money (12/13) could I then transfer my post office ISA into it in August when the fix rate deal runs out on that ?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport