• vanpopple
    vanpopple Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2 answers
    1-sweet fan** adams
    2-sweet f**k all

nyt
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been doing comps for more than 2 years and you can see from my signature what I've won so far, not much compared to a lot of people on here, but I'm grateful for wins.

My latest one is the £100 which is got on Saturday.

Like a previous poster said, some people are just more lucky that others.

I enter all of the ITV comps and magazine ones. Sometimes I search by end date or by prize for the rest.

I treat it more as a hobby and I try not to get disappointed when nothing turns up.

It's hard though to find time to do them all along with my surveys as well! :rotfl:
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18
  • vanpopple
    Options
    I have been doing comps for more than 2 years and you can see from my signature what I've won so far, not much compared to a lot of people on here, but I'm grateful for wins.

My latest one is the £100 which is got on Saturday.

Like a previous poster said, some people are just more lucky that others.

I enter all of the ITV comps and magazine ones. Sometimes I search by end date or by prize for the rest.

I treat it more as a hobby and I try not to get disappointed when nothing turns up.

It's hard though to find time to do them all along with my surveys as well! :rotfl:

Yes then you see total newbies 'who say' theyve suddenly won a huge prize?
    Must really pee dedicated compers off like you,
    or is there more to it, as so many 'new' people (or extra accounts people) seem to be winning, like 1 person who says shes only been comping 3 weeks now won 23 prizes????????
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    AMILLIONDOLLARS Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 March 2012 at 6:15PM
    Options
    I've been comping for years and to be totally honest I have been very lucky with my wins, the one rule I give myself is to enter for the things I need, not to to make any profit out of the prizes I do win, so far my list of winnings are:

Complete Bedroom furniture set, four poster bed etc...
    Samsung American Fridge Freezer
    Electric Garage door
    2 x £1000
    Pond maintenance kit
    Design Competition - specially commissioned piece of furniture as prize
    Tickets to see Tina Turner
    £500 John Lewis Vouchers
    and my biggest win Kitchen upto the value of £25,000!!!!!

These prizes are spread out over numerious years

Still holding out for a new car (which is one of the reasons why I began comping) or maybe the lotto. I love doing competition as a hobby and winning is always a pleasure, so try not to get too hung up about not winning, even I have my drought patches.

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • Pechow
    Pechow Posts: 729 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! Send some of your luck my way please :D What was the commissioned furniture you got?
  • Elim
    Elim Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2012 at 12:16AM
    Options
    hi guys n gals ive been comping since feb this year (havent won anything yet) but i only enter the big - medium comps so not expecting too.

just wondering how many comps people enter a day? i just search by end date and fill out the ones i want. i average about 10-15 comps a day
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    Elim wrote: »
    hi guys n gals ive been comping since feb this year (havent won anything yet) but i only enter the big - medium comps so not expecting too.

just wondering how many comps people enter a day? i just search by end date and fill out the ones i want. i average about 10-15 comps a day

Most folk here do 150+ per day and during December that can treble :eek:
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
  • Elim
    Elim Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Most folk here do 150+ per day and during December that can treble :eek:

is that 150 just for ones ending on that day? i enter by ending date eg today i entered all the ones that end tommorow. also where should i look for comps only on the main page or elsewhere as well?
  • Car73
    Car73 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Options
    Elim wrote: »
    is that 150 just for ones ending on that day? i enter by ending date eg today i entered all the ones that end tommorow. also where should i look for comps only on the main page or elsewhere as well?

I enter about 50-60 in a day depending on how tired I am and how much ironing I have need to do. LOL! I've done fairly well since I started last August and averaged a good prize at least once a month until last month when I seem to have hit a quiet patch.

I tend to go to the first page first and have a look through the first few pages to see what I fancy entering and do them. I then do the end date but I carry on going not just that day's end date.

There will be loads of comps finishing on the end of the month so try and catch up with those when I can so I don't have mountains to do at the end.

There are some update threads on here such as the Take a Break and Puzzle one's.

There is also the postal and daily one's although I don't often get the time to do them.

I also do a search about once a week for the comps that I don't want to miss out such as the ITV one's.

I also have a Facebook and twitter account and try to do a few of them also.

That tends to keep me busy!

Good Luck
    :grouphug::lovethoug:lovethoug Keeping busy very important at the moment. Lost my loving partner this year. Always in my thoughts.
  • vanpopple
    Options
    Dell Home UK Winners will be contacted at the end of the competition via email. The first XPS 13 was hidden in the Filicudi Cave, Sicily. Did you get close to it?

Well there ya go we were on the wrong island, and the wrong track - and theres the reason i said id prefer to pm my thoughts to those who want ideas......

So to anyone who lurked and 'followed' mine and others advice, sorry you aint won a laptop,...
    ''Sometimes good advice, can be bad advice''

I'll post up tomorrow with another set of totally wrong ideas though for anyone else like me who doesnt want to win a laptop lol:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure