PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If the garage sold it to you, yes, you would complain to them.
  • DaveMoneySaver
    Options
    Hi,
    First post, just looking for some advice.

Recently put in a claim for my auntie on a overdraft PPI and it was successful but the account was a joint account, should I put in another complaint for my uncle or would the payout cover them both?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm almost positive I had, I took it out on a car loan to which I had a guarantor so I didn't require it

Why do you think you dont need it? Being guarantor actually increases the reasons to have it.
    and didn't understand the loan was taken out with busseys
    you used a car dealer. You signed a credit agreement. Got a welcome letter confirming terms and periodic statements etc. How did you not know?
    I don't know who to contact in order to claim the money back
    You make your complaint to the car dealer. However, if this pre-dates regulation (Jan 2005) then the dealer does not have to consider the complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Jevo
    Options
    My bank rejected my ppi claim as they have no record of loan amount or Pi being added even though I knew it was front loaded. When they sent sars info details showed an opening balance of £5,512.00 on a 5000 pound loan. It then shows 70 payments of £113.07 and states rate of 8.5 %pa. Does this seem right? I have no paperwork of my own?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jevo wrote: »

I have no paperwork of my own?

Only you can answer that question...
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 5 September 2017 at 8:19AM
    Options
    Hi,
    First post, just looking for some advice.

Recently put in a claim for my auntie on a overdraft PPI and it was successful but the account was a joint account, should I put in another complaint for my uncle or would the payout cover them both?
    you do not need to put another mis sell claim in as the bank looks at the claim as a whole.
  • Dianebam
    Options
    Hi all hope I'm doing this right I was just wondering if anyone was on here to give a little advice. To cut a long story short my partner claimed ppi a few years ago through a company they took a large chunk of that money. Then 12 months ago another company got in touch saying they could claim for him as more than likely the bank didn't pay out what they should so he tried bank didn't pay out they said what they paid first time was right. However last week he got a letter from the bank saying they have looked at his file again and they didn't pay him right. Then on Friday the company who he first went with rang saying they want paying over £1000 from this money also they sent a letter on Saturday how can they claim this money as I'm assuming they sorted last one out for him a few years they got paid claim shut so how can they just come back now he's getting more money from bank
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Then 12 months ago another company got in touch saying they could claim for him as more than likely the bank didn't pay out what they should so he tried bank didn't pay out they said what they paid first time was right

This is a crafty tactic by the claims company as a number of banks have told to go back over old complaints and review them. This is happening automatically and do not require you to do anything. However, if you raise a second complaint, the bank brings your review of the old complaint forward. However, the new CMC can then take a chunk of the money for something that was going to happen naturally anyway.
    Then on Friday the company who he first went with rang saying they want paying over £1000 from this money also they sent a letter on Saturday how can they claim this money as I'm assuming they sorted last one out for him a few years they got paid claim shut so how can they just come back now he's getting more money from bank

They cant. They are unlawfully requesting the money.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342291/Claims-management-regulation-business-bulletin-Aug-2014.pdf

See page 2 first section. Here are two key bits:

All CMCs have a statutory obligation to provide their
    services with reasonable care and skill. If a CMC
    fails to identify during the claims process that an
    offer made to their client is incorrect or otherwise
    inappropriate – and to advise the client of this –
    then it is likely that the CMC will have failed to
    comply with this obligation and therefore be in
    breach of contract.

If a CMC seeks further fees from clients where the
    contract has concluded, this may be in breach of
    General Rule 1 which requires you to conduct your
    business with honesty and integrity. It may also be
    considered an act of fraud by false representation
    (Section 2, Fraud Act 2006).

--

So, you can tell that first CMC to go take a hike. You should also tell your partner to be less gullible on cold calls. He now has generated a bill to the second CMC for something that was going to happen free of charge if he had been prepared to wait. They took advantage of him and that is typical with cold calls.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Dianebam
    Options
    Thanx for your help my partner as just told me when the second ones called they sent paper work for him to check and sign however he just tore it up he said he couldn't be bothered that why second one haven't been I touch. I knew the first ones (money savers) I think there called couldn't take no more well there ringing him back Friday and where off into the citizens advice after work today
  • thecolonel62
    Options
    Hi what if the loan was to a company/partnership /LLP of which you were a significant shareholder? and especially if that company no longer exists is the bank then off the hook?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback