Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Bricree wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help ?
    I had a mortgage and a home improvement loan with the Northern Rock. i believe that there could be a possibility that i we were charged PPI on loan of the mortgage, we wrote to the bank to check and asked for them to provide us with details, using the template letters on this website, when we wrote the NRAM which the company that took over NR they replied ' that the account is not a consumer credit act regulated loan because it is an exempt agreement in accordance with Section 16 of the Consumer Credit Act, and therefore can not make a claim'

Can anyone advise if this is correct or can we claim ?

Thanks

Brian

Post the question here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187
    They may be able to help you more, especially with the Mortgage PPI.
  • amersall
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    i sent next a letter regarding ppi on my account, they said there responsible for the sale but are not under the jurisdiction of the fos for such complaints, i need to contact the insurers first assist, sent a letter along with the letter from next to first assist, they have replied
    first assist does not accept any responsibility for any alleged flaw, issue or poor practice relating to the sales processes used by next on the basis of the following
    * next are responsible for, the account customer sales (inc ppi) in its entirety, documentation detailing the cover provided, maintaining the policy records, maintaining the detailed records of the account,
    * there is not legislation that passes such responsibility to first assist
    * arrangements in place between next and first assist subsequent to the sale of the ppi policy
    * the recently issued fsa policy statement (PS10/12) ie the distributor of the ppi should be responsible for any such problems and resolving the same.

what do i do now???????
    back to next or fos
    they did confirm ppi paid £454.44 to date........
    Give FOS a ring, they may suggest the FLA.
  • amersall
    Options
    gillbr wrote: »
    I would really like some advice about what to do next in my PPI journey please:

I had credit cards and loans from the 1990's to ~ October 2001 before I went into a Debt Management Program in November 2001. I put complaints about them in December 2011. I have been successful with a loan and one credit card.

I received 2 letters both from RBS about a Lombard Credit Card and Natwest Credit Card. They have stated that in order to calculate recompense they would need copies of all my statements.

I sent SAR requests in April and waited and waited. After a large number of phone calls and complaints I have received copies of statements for both credit cards from January 2002 to the present day and none show PPI payments- this is because I was in my Debt Management Program. In both cases I need statements pre January 2002 as they show the PPI. When I rang about it they said they can only calculate the payment with statements they have which means I lose out on a lot of money.

Without the statements I cannot get what I am due back so what do I do next??
    - Complain to RBS and say it is suspicious that in both cases they only have the statements from Jan 2002.
    - Ask the FOS to intervene to see if they can calculate the recompense without the statements.
    Any information would be gratefully received. Thank you.
    Give FOS a call and ask, it seems odd they have statements from when you did not pay PPI but not from when you did.
  • capinhand
    Options
    Hi Amersall Thanks for the quick reply. I am still slightly confused. One of the original contracts I have from HFC stated that the total amount payable for this one loan over 84 months would have been over £17,000. It included 84 payments of £50.03 per month for PPI. I made 2 contracted monthly payements and then took out another loan with HFC to pay the first one off and have some extra money. The settlement figure was over £17,000 of which £4,202.52 was for PPI so I dont see where I got any rebate from for PPI.
    I also have an early settlement figure for the last loan with them that states refund of insurance due was £0.00.
    Hope this makes sense?

regards

derek
  • nee666
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    Give FOS a ring, they may suggest the FLA.

Thanks amersall, I'm going to call next & get a copy of my cca this accounts still live, opened in 1990 insurance was taken out in feb 98 they say by ticking a box or requesting it by phone, I want proof as I don't knowingly have ppi due to alternative cover (income protection policy) be interesting to see what they can prove, also my statements don't detail ppi payments just "service charge" does that cover them for ppi?
  • eileenha
    Options
    Help please, I informed the Claims Guys in July that I no longer wished for them to act on my behalf, and again I spoke to them on the 8th August emphasising this fact as I had to get paperwork myself that they already had and couldnt find. I received my compensation at the end of August and they have been on the phone to me every day looking for over 12 thousand pounds of a fee!!! I am not paying this as I informed them twice that I no longer required their services. They are trying to tell me that although they have the records of me requesting that they withdraw their services it was never done??? Surely this is not my fault.
  • JK41
    JK41 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, been a while since i was last on and never sure if i am in the right thread or not.
    Did a PPI claim and got an offer made. I asked for it to be re-assesed.
    It is now 4 months since i asked for this and whenever i phone Barclaycard theyy apologise but due t the 'high' number of cases unfortunately they havent strated on my re-assesesment yet and they cannot give me a guide time.
    Is this all correct and above board?
    I know on the original complaint they had to rreply within 8 (?) weeks, but for me to ask them to check again it seems like they can take as much time as they like.
    Alll help appreciated, even if it is to ppoint me to a different thread.
    Thanks
  • amersall
    Options
    crin wrote: »
    Hi all I could do with a little advice please about loans taken out through LLoyds bank that all had PPI on them.

I wrote to them to reclaom the missold PPI and got a letter back on Friday to say that they didn't think the PPI was missold but saying that I could write back to them for further consideration with evidence.

I do intend to reply as all the loans were given on the understanding by me based on what the advisor told me that wihtout the PPI they may not have been approved plus that I was not asked about pre-existing medical conditions nor told of any exclusions about same.

Also, the companies I worked for both hasd generous redundancy and medical packages in place.

I did have to make a claim twice on the last two loans. The first one in2000 when I was made redundant although I could have used some of my redundancy money to pay the balance off. The PPI only paid for 12 months and I needed to pay the final month off myself.

The second loan I had to make a claim on in 2007 after having a stroke. I didn't want the insurance as it only based on my previous experience I knew it would only pay for 12 months and I had been medically retired. I could have used part of my lump sum pensoin to pay the balance off.

I explained this to Lloyds in my first letter.

The first two loans were both paid off in full by me. I wasn't advised of any terms and conditions although it may have said on the back of all the stuff they gave me. It was never explained to me, no exclusions were pointed out, I was never asked about any employee benefits regarding redundancy or medical problems. In fact the loan was in my account before I had even left the desk used to apply for said loans. I was never told I had a cooling off period to cancel the PPI.

In their letter they actually admit that 'our advisor had no alternative policies to consider or offer to me' and also state 'only where it was practical to do so we would have taken steps to identify your needs'.

I still feel that I was missold as I took the advice from their advisor and based on what they said ie that I may not get the loan without the PPI; that I wasnt asked about pre-existing medical conditions or told of any exclusions; nor told of a cooling off period or that I could go elsewhere for a PPI policy if I wished; nor told that I could cancel the policy at anytime and relied soley on what was explained to me during the application in their branch.

\What do you think would be the chances of success please?

I am finding it quite difficult to sort out as It was because of a serious stroke that I had to be medically retired.

I have today written off for the terms and conditions using the template letter on mse as I only destroyed all my documents in January/February this year.

Thanks sorry about the rambling.

If you paid one monthly payment to the loan that included the PPI then this was Single Premium PPI and this is the reason for mis sell that you use, the true cost and unfair rebates of this PPI were not fully explained to you at the point of sale to make an informed decision, had this been explained to you then you would not have taken it.
    If you win, they will take the money back that you claimed.
  • amersall
    Options
    JK41 wrote: »
    Hi all, been a while since i was last on and never sure if i am in the right thread or not.
    Did a PPI claim and got an offer made. I asked for it to be re-assesed.
    It is now 4 months since i asked for this and whenever i phone Barclaycard theyy apologise but due t the 'high' number of cases unfortunately they havent strated on my re-assesesment yet and they cannot give me a guide time.
    Is this all correct and above board?
    I know on the original complaint they had to rreply within 8 (?) weeks, but for me to ask them to check again it seems like they can take as much time as they like.
    Alll help appreciated, even if it is to ppoint me to a different thread.
    Thanks
    This is normal, give them the time that they need, if you take this to FOS it can take up to a year or more to be resolved.
  • amersall
    Options
    capinhand wrote: »
    Hi Amersall Thanks for the quick reply. I am still slightly confused. One of the original contracts I have from HFC stated that the total amount payable for this one loan over 84 months would have been over £17,000. It included 84 payments of £50.03 per month for PPI. I made 2 contracted monthly payements and then took out another loan with HFC to pay the first one off and have some extra money. The settlement figure was over £17,000 of which £4,202.52 was for PPI so I dont see where I got any rebate from for PPI.
    I also have an early settlement figure for the last loan with them that states refund of insurance due was £0.00.
    Hope this makes sense?

regards

derek

If you only paid 2 payments to the first loan above, they owe you 100.06 for those payments, there should have been a large rebate of the PPI for this at settlement as you only paid for 2 months, the earlier you pay a loan off the more rebate you get, you need to ask the bank for all calculations of these PPI and the settlement figures for these loans, this may explain in more detail what they have done.
    Depending on when a loan was settled, will depend on any rebates, if any were given, only the bank can tell you this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback