🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Since he was already retired he would never have been able to claim on this insurance.
    Get the complaint in, this is a win.

Thank you, I thought it might be but I wanted to be sure.
  • crin
    crin Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all I could do with a little advice please about loans taken out through LLoyds bank that all had PPI on them.

I wrote to them to reclaom the missold PPI and got a letter back on Friday to say that they didn't think the PPI was missold but saying that I could write back to them for further consideration with evidence.

I do intend to reply as all the loans were given on the understanding by me based on what the advisor told me that wihtout the PPI they may not have been approved plus that I was not asked about pre-existing medical conditions nor told of any exclusions about same.

Also, the companies I worked for both hasd generous redundancy and medical packages in place.

I did have to make a claim twice on the last two loans. The first one in2000 when I was made redundant although I could have used some of my redundancy money to pay the balance off. The PPI only paid for 12 months and I needed to pay the final month off myself.

The second loan I had to make a claim on in 2007 after having a stroke. I didn't want the insurance as it only based on my previous experience I knew it would only pay for 12 months and I had been medically retired. I could have used part of my lump sum pensoin to pay the balance off.

I explained this to Lloyds in my first letter.

The first two loans were both paid off in full by me. I wasn't advised of any terms and conditions although it may have said on the back of all the stuff they gave me. It was never explained to me, no exclusions were pointed out, I was never asked about any employee benefits regarding redundancy or medical problems. In fact the loan was in my account before I had even left the desk used to apply for said loans. I was never told I had a cooling off period to cancel the PPI.

In their letter they actually admit that 'our advisor had no alternative policies to consider or offer to me' and also state 'only where it was practical to do so we would have taken steps to identify your needs'.

I still feel that I was missold as I took the advice from their advisor and based on what they said ie that I may not get the loan without the PPI; that I wasnt asked about pre-existing medical conditions or told of any exclusions; nor told of a cooling off period or that I could go elsewhere for a PPI policy if I wished; nor told that I could cancel the policy at anytime and relied soley on what was explained to me during the application in their branch.

\What do you think would be the chances of success please?

I am finding it quite difficult to sort out as It was because of a serious stroke that I had to be medically retired.

I have today written off for the terms and conditions using the template letter on mse as I only destroyed all my documents in January/February this year.

Thanks sorry about the rambling.
    If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.

Eleventh Heaven # 550 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
  • gillbr
    Options
    I would really like some advice about what to do next in my PPI journey please:

I had credit cards and loans from the 1990's to ~ October 2001 before I went into a Debt Management Program in November 2001. I put complaints about them in December 2011. I have been successful with a loan and one credit card.

I received 2 letters both from RBS about a Lombard Credit Card and Natwest Credit Card. They have stated that in order to calculate recompense they would need copies of all my statements.

I sent SAR requests in April and waited and waited. After a large number of phone calls and complaints I have received copies of statements for both credit cards from January 2002 to the present day and none show PPI payments- this is because I was in my Debt Management Program. In both cases I need statements pre January 2002 as they show the PPI. When I rang about it they said they can only calculate the payment with statements they have which means I lose out on a lot of money.

Without the statements I cannot get what I am due back so what do I do next??
    - Complain to RBS and say it is suspicious that in both cases they only have the statements from Jan 2002.
    - Ask the FOS to intervene to see if they can calculate the recompense without the statements.
    Any information would be gratefully received. Thank you.
  • Annie021063
    Options
    Thanks guys 1st of hopefully 2 Barclays success stories, offered 2.5K back including 8% interest
    very happy bunny x
    took around 6 weeks claimed back PPi on overdraft
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2012 at 8:44PM
    Options
    i sent next a letter regarding ppi on my account, they said there responsible for the sale but are not under the jurisdiction of the fos for such complaints, i need to contact the insurers first assist, sent a letter along with the letter from next to first assist, they have replied
    first assist does not accept any responsibility for any alleged flaw, issue or poor practice relating to the sales processes used by next on the basis of the following
    * next are responsible for, the account customer sales (inc ppi) in its entirety, documentation detailing the cover provided, maintaining the policy records, maintaining the detailed records of the account,
    * there is not legislation that passes such responsibility to first assist
    * arrangements in place between next and first assist subsequent to the sale of the ppi policy
    * the recently issued fsa policy statement (PS10/12) ie the distributor of the ppi should be responsible for any such problems and resolving the same.

what do i do now???????
    back to next or fos
    they did confirm ppi paid £454.44 to date........
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    crin wrote: »
    I have today written off for the terms and conditions using the template letter on mse as I only destroyed all my documents in January/February this year.
    This is a waste of your time. T&Cs are not available for closed accounts and you have already received a rejection of your complaint, so I can't imagine what you'd want with them now anyway?
    Complaining that you were told you couldn't have the loan without taking PPI is valid, but unfortunately cannot be proven so it's not surprising you were rejected. Similarly, the Bank were not remiss in not asking you about pre-existing medical conditions unless you actually had one which precluded you from claiming on the insurance. If you did have such a condition, I'd say documentary evidence of this is the only thing the Bank might accept to make them reconsider.
  • Bricree
    Options
    Hi can anyone help ?
    I had a mortgage and a home improvement loan with the Northern Rock. i believe that there could be a possibility that i we were charged PPI on loan of the mortgage, we wrote to the bank to check and asked for them to provide us with details, using the template letters on this website, when we wrote the NRAM which the company that took over NR they replied ' that the account is not a consumer credit act regulated loan because it is an exempt agreement in accordance with Section 16 of the Consumer Credit Act, and therefore can not make a claim'

Can anyone advise if this is correct or can we claim ?

Thanks

Brian
  • capinhand
    Options
    Hi I have had an offer from HFC Bank to re pay the monthly premiums made for PPI that formed part of 3 secured loans. I settled all these loans early and noticed from one of the original contracts that early re-settlement figures quoted by HFC included lump sums for PPI as well as the monthly premiums already made on each account.
    These were all single payment premiums for PPI and the FOS adjudication stated that the company should put me in a position I would have been in had i not taken out the PPI. Am I entitled to ask for a refund of the PPI that formed part of the early re-settlement figures or would I only get back the monthly premiums as offered by HFC?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Derek
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    capinhand wrote: »
    Hi I have had an offer from HFC Bank to re pay the monthly premiums made for PPI that formed part of 3 secured loans. I settled all these loans early and noticed from one of the original contracts that early re-settlement figures quoted by HFC included lump sums for PPI as well as the monthly premiums already made on each account.
    These were all single payment premiums for PPI and the FOS adjudication stated that the company should put me in a position I would have been in had i not taken out the PPI. Am I entitled to ask for a refund of the PPI that formed part of the early re-settlement figures or would I only get back the monthly premiums as offered by HFC?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Derek
    When you settled these loans you will have been given back a rebate of the PPI for each loan, the remaining PPI you will have paid back in the settlement figures.
    You get the PPI back that you paid with the settlement figure amount after the rebate, they will take the rebates back and give you the the PPI that you actually paid and the settlement PPI figure.
    To calculate this you will need to know what the original PPI was what PPI monthly payments that you paid to settlement were, the rebate amounts to take off and the remaining PPI that you paid in settlement
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks amersall(mwahhhhhhhhhhhh)as promised xx
    its all a little comfusing at the moment as no one at lloyds can give me a answer regarding the joint ppi.the ex hub never left a will as he killed himself so nothing was left to say who got what.there is 2 children of the marriage so i may send them copies of birth certs for them as even if i dont get nowt ill be dambed if the wife at the time gets all(if any) as it was me who paided half towards the loans and they where all paid off at the time of our divorce.
    just another quick question
    at the same time as phoning about the loans i asked about a cc(in just my name) now they sent a letter back saying no ppi on this card but looking at my statements it does have cardholder protection insurance on which i know i didnt need cos the account that we had at lloyds at the time covere us for loss/theft of cards and so on. so can i just ask is this the same thing and do i just send the copies off to the same people as the ppi?

Send the claim in and let them know you did not have a need for this as Lloyds already covered this.

Glad the kids will get something, let me know how you get on with this xx.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure