PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2012 at 1:08PM
    Options
    Babyface81 wrote: »
    And just ask for account numbers etc at this point?

My wife had loans with natwest, she didn't know the account numbers, she called gave them a few details, they wrote to her few weeks later offering her £££, be aware they may ask on the phone why you think the ppi was miss sold, so have your reasons wrote down

Natwest/RBS seem to be 1 of the quickest, I also had loans with them, sent the fos questionare, didnt put any account numbers on the form, they wrote to me with an outcome within 8 weeks..........
  • busyhousewife
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    Have you got any statements showing they charged you ppi?

No, the account was opened approx 15 years ago. I only have statements for the past 3 years or so, when the account has been hardly used and was cleared each month. Though there was a phase 8-15 years ago when I had large balances on it and took several months to clear them. No statements for those periods I'm afraid.
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    No, the account was opened approx 15 years ago. I only have statements for the past 3 years or so, when the account has been hardly used and was cleared each month. Though there was a phase 8-15 years ago when I had large balances on it and took several months to clear them. No statements for those periods I'm afraid.

If they charged you ppi it would show on your statement, if they have then you have a very good case to get it refunded as you have the cca showing you said no ppi, if you think you may have been charged in the past ring them up give them your acc number, they will tell you...
    Other wise it's a waste of yours & there time.........
  • Hi could anybody tell me what to do next. I wrote to Santander to reclaim my missold ppi . They replied saying i did NOThave a case but if i wanted to i could go to the FOB so i thought that was it. But after reading this forum it seems that is the normal response in the first instance. I have searched the house from top to bottom and cant find my letter from Santander HELP !!!!!
  • busyhousewife
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    If they charged you ppi it would show on your statement, if they have then you have a very good case to get it refunded as you have the cca showing you said no ppi, if you think you may have been charged in the past ring them up give them your acc number, they will tell you...
    Other wise it's a waste of yours & there time.........

Thank you very much. I will have a little re-read of all my paperwork, see if I can find any old statements and perhaps have a go at a claim. Thanks for the advice.
  • jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi could anybody tell me what to do next. I wrote to Santander to reclaim my missold ppi . They replied saying i did NOThave a case but if i wanted to i could go to the FOB so i thought that was it. But after reading this forum it seems that is the normal response in the first instance. I have searched the house from top to bottom and cant find my letter from Santander HELP !!!!!

You could call them and ask to resend the letter as you have mislaid it - I take it you are still within the 6 months time frame
  • totalhysteria
    Options
    Hi,

After rejecting Halifax's reasons to not uphold my PPI complaint, I have had a second rejection letter.

Reasons for complaint are listed as:
    -No attempt made to ascertain if product was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or required.
    -I already had generous sickness and redundancy benefits from employer
    Not informed of exclusions within the policy that could stop me from claiming on it
    -Not told about pre-existing medical cond. and was never asked about it (although i did say that I didn't have a condition on the phone to them)
    -No explanation about little or no refund if cancelled.
    -No explanation of PPI costs + interest added to loan
    -Unaware of ppi on loan

The PPI was front-loaded.

They say that my extra evidence added useful info, but they still think that I was not mis-sold.
    Is it worth phoning them (they have offered to talk to me if im not happy) or is it now a case of passing this on to the FOS?

Thanks
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

After rejecting Halifax's reasons to not uphold my PPI complaint, I have had a second rejection letter.

Reasons for complaint are listed as:
    -No attempt made to ascertain if product was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or required.
    -I already had generous sickness and redundancy benefits from employer
    Not informed of exclusions within the policy that could stop me from claiming on it
    -Not told about pre-existing medical cond. and was never asked about it (although i did say that I didn't have a condition on the phone to them)
    -No explanation about little or no refund if cancelled.
    -No explanation of PPI costs + interest added to loan
    -Unaware of ppi on loan

The PPI was front-loaded.

They say that my extra evidence added useful info, but they still think that I was not mis-sold.
    Is it worth phoning them (they have offered to talk to me if im not happy) or is it now a case of passing this on to the FOS?

Thanks

Send it to FOS Single Premium is the reason that you use, the full cost and unfair rebates of this PPI were not explained to you fully at the point of sale to make an informed decision.
    Be prepared for a wait though.
  • nickyg26
    Options
    I have been thru martins website tryin to find his guide on filling out the ppi questonnaire but i cant find it anyone have a link it was a step by step guide for each question
  • crin
    crin Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2012 at 8:56AM
    Options
    nickyg26 wrote: »
    I have been thru martins website tryin to find his guide on filling out the ppi questonnaire but i cant find it anyone have a link it was a step by step guide for each question

Hi It's here just scroll down a bit:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step4

It opens as a word document :)
    If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.

Eleventh Heaven # 550 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure